PDA

View Full Version : Rescued Babies update w/pictures

catcrazylady
08-30-2004, 09:39 AM
The babies are doing much better than Saturday but they are going to the white coats today. I found a little blood in the stool this morning. I'm sure they need to be wormed and the change in diet isn't easy one them either. I don't think it's anything that won't be treatable with some medication.

Here are a few pics of the little ones.
The little buff is totally taken with hubby. He loves him to pieces!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p898df2b53a256835da9c78626945202d/f7381b45.jpg

He's perfectly happy to snuggle with hubby and never tries to leave.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p2b6daa4802dddd10e45c649c4fd79115/f7381b0f.jpg

I love this picture!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p51ce017ea23904e7daf99f69d5addc50/f7381ab4.jpg

Just to give you an idea of the size difference between the two I put my hand next to each one. The little gray one is so very tiny in comparison.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p82e9f7e5332caaa8b3438acd27cf7612/f7381b2c.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/pe1eb2b0411f20b5cf691886b2952205b/f7381aee.jpg

We did the dreaded ear cleaning this morning and snuggled for awhile. It totally wore the babies out! This is the scene right now
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p1cc9be16722bfb26d7c86ee70265753e/f7381acf.jpg

How am I going to give them up? I can't keep them but I can't let them go to the shelter and some stranger take them. I'm already sick over this!!! Help me you guys! Talk some sense into me before I end up divorced!!!;)

lizzielou742
08-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Awwwwwwwwwww they are so cute!!!!! I think the only sensible option is to adopt them to another PTer so you can see them all the time - in pictures!! ;) (Not me, at least not while I'm renting an apartment with a 2 pet limit!!) Or a neighbor or family member.

I love the picture of the two of them together!!! So sweet. Do they have names yet? They're so cute!!! :D :D

catcrazylady
08-30-2004, 09:47 AM
Hubby is refusing to give them names, he knows the danger that causes!;) I tried the old trick the hubby into naming them thing so he would get involved more with them but I've pulled this on him one time to many and he didn't fall for it this time!!:p DARN!
I'm calling the little gray one Mouse right now just because that's what it reminds me of.

Any PTer's willing to take on some babies and let me watch them grow up in a loving home with pictures???

moosmom
08-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Lisa,

They are precious!! My heart wants the little orange boy, but the wallet says "uh-uh". Don't be too disheartened over them going to other homes. You saved their lives. THAT in itself should make you feel wonderful. Just keep telling yourself that they'll get terrific furrrrever homes. And take LOTS of pictures before they go.

catlady1945
08-30-2004, 09:56 AM
They are so cute. Not giving them names doesn't work. Our 9-year old is still known as "Kitty" or Krissy as we finally decided on.

catcrazylady
08-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Christa, oh Christa where are you??? Any interest? I'll keep them until they are spayed/nuetered and all kitten shots given plus meet you half way. I'll take care of all the beginning medical bills through the shelter and have them tested for any disease.
They are snuggle babies for sure and havent missed the litter box yet! When they are out they even go back to the cage when they need to go potty.
Am I tempting you yet?

lizzielou742
08-30-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Hubby is refusing to give them names, he knows the danger that causes!;) I tried the old trick the hubby into naming them thing so he would get involved more with them but I've pulled this on him one time to many and he didn't fall for it this time!!:p DARN!

LOL!!! That's a good trick! Maybe it would work on my boyfriend sometime. I'll keep it in mind.

I agree, Christa where are you? Maybe you could think about taking one or both! *no pressure* ;) :D

davidpizzica
08-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Oh, Lisa! Those two are absolute angels! I truly wish I could take one, but I have a two cat limit, and if I did, I would really HEAR about it!

K & L
08-30-2004, 10:15 AM
Any luck on getting the mom and other kitten yet? These two are so cute and probably very grateful!

christa
08-30-2004, 10:17 AM
Christa, oh Christa where are you??? Any interest? I'll keep them until they are spayed/nuetered and all kitten shots given plus meet you half way. I'll take care of all the beginning medical bills through the shelter and have them tested for any disease.
They are snuggle babies for sure and havent missed the litter box yet! When they are out they even go back to the cage when they need to go potty.
Am I tempting you yet?

OF COURSE you're tempting me!!!

I'll have to talk to hubby about it. They're both so sweet . . .

Where do you live again???

catnapper
08-30-2004, 10:46 AM
They are just too too cute! Look at that little smudgy nose!

*Swoon*

Do I see another PT matchmaking in the works? :D

wolflady
08-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Awww!! What little cuties they are!! I just love their big ears! :D I don't know...looks like your hubby was cuddling nicely with the little buff baby!! ;) ;) :p :D

**hugs**

sirrahbed
08-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by christa
Where do you live again???
ONLY 161.45 miles away according to Mapquest ;)

QueenScoopalot
08-30-2004, 10:57 AM
What a pair of sweetie pies! It would be wonderful if another PTr would take them. One time years back, my husband befriended a young woman who was involved in crack, but trying to turn her life around. It was ups and downs with this girl. She got an apt. and wanted a kitten so hubby asks if I had a kitten for Dina. I said she's not responsible enough, or sober long enough to have a kitten. Hubby says to me and my friend Barbara "Gee...what do you think you're the only two that should have cats"? Barbara and I have been laughing about that for years. Maybe only PTrs should have cats? Wink, wink, nod, nod?? :D ;) :) :p :D

catlover4ever
08-30-2004, 11:07 AM
How am I going to give them up? I can't keep them but I can't let them go to the shelter and some stranger take them. I'm already sick over this!!! Help me you guys! Talk some sense into me before I end up divorced!!!;) [/B]

I say....leave the little orange one out so he can continue to snuggle with hubby;) ;) ;) and hubbies heart will melt in just a short period of time. :rolleyes: ;)

I'm in love with the dirty nose on the orangie....reminds me of Abner when I first got him, he had a dirty nose and the white stripe on his face was almost brown.

catcrazylady
08-30-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
ONLY 161.45 miles away according to Mapquest ;)

Good grief! I didn't think Ashland was that far away! But that would only be about an hour and half drive one way, half way!
I'm in Shelbyville Christa.
I'm really not trying to pressure you, honest! I just want to know that they will have a wonderful forever home. I'm trying to keep them out of the shelter system if possible so they don't end up with URI's.
If you talk to hubby and he agree's are you talking about taking both?:D They really do love each other and I swear you will never get that little buff out of your lap!!

Edit: Christa I'm kidding about a lot of this and I really don't want you to feel pressured, ok?

christa
08-30-2004, 12:04 PM
No pressure??? LOL! I talked to hubby about it at lunch . . . he asked me if I wanted it . . . I don't think it would take much to persuade him.

The only thing is, we've set our limit to TWO kitties . . . and I'd really hate to split them up. BUT, if they go into the shelter system, more than likely they'll get split up anyway.

Tell me a little bit more about the yellow fuzzy . . . you said at first that he had a limp??? Bad front leg??? Is he getting any better???

I really think I'd have a hard time deciding between the two, but I'd love to have a snuggle bug and from the way you talk, the yellow is the cuddler.

Let me know about their legs, how they're doing now . . . we'll talk about it some more tonight.

(I'M NOT PROMISING YOU ANYTHING HERE!)

catcrazylady
08-30-2004, 12:12 PM
Christa I would hate to split them up too but yes that will probably happen anyway.
Buff boy (I think) is doing much better on his leg. He's barely limping at all now. He does just a little when he gets up from a long sleep. I will have the vet check him when we go this afternoon.
They are both cuddle babies and the little gray has started purring too. She is just the weaker of the two and is just now starting to feel a little better I think. The little buff boy wants nothing more than to lay in your lap. He is very happy being held and purrs so loud he quivers!
Now, you know that he's that way now but I'm sure he will become a normal brat kitten in time. He certainly seems to prefer men so I will warn you of that!
They both love the other cats and walk up to them and headbutt and rub on them. Buff loves to rub on anything! Especially hubby's foot.
I am trying desperately to find someone closer to home but you know how that goes!

No kidding, don't feel pressured ok?

christa
08-30-2004, 12:16 PM
I know, I know, no pressure . . . but you know how it goes . . . it doesn't take long to fall in love.

I understand how kittens go through those phases . . . Josie was like that, sweet & cuddly when we brought her home, then her "brat" phase, and she's finally coming back around. Still not much of a cuddler though.

Please let me know how the vet visit goes.

How long would you keep them before they go into the shelter system? (wondering how long I have to decide)

lizzielou742
08-30-2004, 12:24 PM
How exciting!! Yes, Christa don't feel pressured by my post either, we just like to kid ya. But they sure are cuuuuuuute!!! ;)

rg_girlca
08-30-2004, 01:10 PM
Oh Lisa, they are absolutely adorable.

I hope and pray that their vet visit goes well and all tests come out negative.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do with these little ones.

Congratulations also on a job well done. :)

Laura's Babies
08-30-2004, 07:09 PM
These babies are so darn CUTE!!! And a snuggle bug!! HEAVEN!!

NKBurlington
08-30-2004, 09:09 PM
What a couple of snuggle bunnies! I wish I could take them!

krazyaboutkatz
08-30-2004, 11:16 PM
Awwwww! They're so adorable.:) I'd love for them to end up with another Pet Talker so we can watch them grow up.:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-31-2004, 12:49 AM
Just read in the other thread that they are "keepers" - easy to see why when I look at the pics!!! What cutie-pies!

Barbara
08-31-2004, 03:38 AM
They are adorable... now I have to rush to the other thread:)

Killearn Kitties
08-31-2004, 06:10 AM
They are absolutely adorable. That baby girl definitely looks like an Abigail to me! She is tiny and gorgeous! So is Rosco, of course. :D

catmandu
08-31-2004, 08:50 AM
We are praying,for those Precious Little Babies!