PDA

View Full Version : wish they would report better stories

LorraineO
08-30-2004, 08:06 AM
I wish the papers would not make huge headlines out of these stories on these breeds,,, would they have given it headlines of it were cockers or,,, even labs?? I think not!! another knock against the breed.. they dont even know what caused the attack

Pit bulls attack man in Toronto
-----------------------------------------------
Last Updated Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:29:45 EDT
TORONTO - A 25-year-old man may need extensive reconstructive surgery after being attacked in a parking lot by two pit bulls.

The man was watching the dogs for their owner and was walking them on Church and Isabella streets Saturday morning when they lunged at him, biting his arms, back and legs.

Another man tried to help by beating the dogs with a stick and throwing a mattress on top of them. One witness described the attack as a "bloodbath."

Police were called and fired several shots. Even after bullets struck the animals, paramedics had to choke one of them to pry it off the victim, witnesses said.

Doctors said the man may lose an arm.

Police said Saturday they were trying to contact the dogs' owner.

lovemyshiba
08-30-2004, 03:31 PM
I agree with you 100%--if it had been a different breed, it may not have made the paper. I'm sure there have been a few labs, goldens, chis, poms, shelties, collies, greyhounds, beagles, newfies, and other dogs that have bitten people. It must have happened at least once, don't you think;) But that would have never made a good news story. When it's a pit bull, rottie, dobie, gsd, chow, or another "mean" breed, it's all over the news.

I own one of those meanies--the only dog who has ever bitten me was Kito, my shiba:p

Toller 42
08-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
I agree with you 100%--if it had been a different breed, it may not have made the paper. I'm sure there have been a few labs, goldens, chis, poms, shelties, collies, greyhounds, beagles, newfies, and other dogs that have bitten people. It must have happened at least once, don't you think;) But that would have never made a good news story. When it's a pit bull, rottie, dobie, gsd, chow, or another "mean" breed, it's all over the news.

I agree 100%.