PDA

View Full Version : Needing Buddy Advice...

Aspen and Misty
08-30-2004, 02:02 AM
We are having some problems with my sweet boy buddy.

Buddy has not been useing his litter pan. We aren't sure why. He will sometimes use it and then other times he won't, no matter if it is clean or dirty? I scoop it every day at the end of the day to make it nice and fresh but he still has his accidents. Our house is starting to stink. We have 2 spots where he went to the bathroom, we cleaned them and he went again and now our house smells so bad our eyes are watering! It's so horrible and my dad keeps saying " I don't know what were going to do with him" We need suggestions before our house is over run with kitty odor!

I was wondering if it was because we had Wyatt, an un-nuetered male. Wyatt left Saturday and buddy went potty just today. Maybe Wyatt's odor isn't gone??

Any thoughts?
Ashley

ps: If worst comes to worst my dad said we will put Linolium (type of flooring) in my bedroom ealier then we had planned and just make it so Buddy has to live in there. I don't want to do this, so I'm hopeing to get this under controlle soon!

Laura's Babies
08-30-2004, 08:52 AM
When all else fails, I would try keeping him in a VERY small area, kennel, cage or small room with his box until he gets the idea. Has anything happened that could have upset him? Any changes in the house?

catmandu
08-30-2004, 09:05 AM
Buddy,this isThe found cats! Please use your Litter Box,as there is nothing even the Nicest Human,hates worse,than a Dirty Cat!

rg_girlca
08-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Have you tried washing the area where he peed with vinegar?

Maybe after it is cleaned you can put another litter box in the place where he tends to pee.

If all else fails, like others have said, maybe confining him to one area might help.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

moosmom
08-30-2004, 02:17 PM
First thing you need to do is have him checked to make sure he doesn't have a Urinary Tract Infection. There's stuff called "Nature's Miracle". Pour that full strength on the spots where the un-neutered cat went and all other suspected spots. One way to find the spots is get a black light from the pet store. Cat pee glows in the dark when shined with a black light.

Good luck.