PDA

View Full Version : Goldie update

Glacier
08-30-2004, 12:06 AM
Today is day two of Goldie's anti-inflammatories. What a difference already. I didn't walk her yesterday. Today we went for a big walk with her best friend in the world, Chase. These two truly adore each other. Goldie actually ran today--she's still slow, but she has short legs!! She went up hills, she dug a hole, she was HAPPY!!

After the walk, I put her in Chase's pen (also home to Pacer, Mac, & Ozzy). She snarled a bit at Mac, but he needs that every once in awhile. He quickly learned to leave her alone. Just before dinner I heard a commotion out there, so I went racing outside thinking that Goldie was fighting. Wrong!! She was wrestling with Chase--actually playing like a husky! It was amazing. I almost started crying.

I took her out for dinner, but I think I'll be letting her spend more time in that pen.

Pic of Goldie and her bestest buddy, Chase.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs/strolling.jpg
Taken this afternoon.

RobiLee
08-30-2004, 04:39 AM
Goldie, I am so glad that you are feeling better. Sounds like you and Chase have been having a good time. Continue to feel better sweetie. {{HUGS}}

Robin :)

pitc9
08-30-2004, 07:33 AM
What a happy story!
I sure hope Goldie keeps getting better!!

K9soul
08-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Look at those happy tails! When Mom and I used to walk the collies, they always had their bushy tails up in the air like that and both had white tips, Mom always called it their happy flags :)

So glad to hear that Goldie is doing better. Looks like Chase is a very special friend for her.

Logan
08-30-2004, 01:58 PM
What marvelous news!!!!! :)

anna_66
08-30-2004, 03:57 PM
How wonderful that they are helping! I'm so glad that she's feeling so much better:D

Did you ever say what kind of anti-inflammatories they are (just wondering)?

Glacier
08-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Did you ever say what kind of anti-inflammatories they are (just wondering)?

She's on Meloxicam. It's the human version of Metacam--much cheaper than the dog version! She takes half of a tablet a day--about 3mg.

I just talked to her vet to update him. He's going on holidays for a couple weeks and I don't want Goldie to run out of the pills. He is going to give her a two month prescription. Apparently, she can stay on this drug long term and will just need yearly blood tests. Since she's almost a senior, I would have been getting those anyway!