PDA

View Full Version : Needing urgent help fur Brush Burn!!**

Aspen and Misty
08-29-2004, 11:52 PM
I took Julian into the bathroom and placed him in the tub and began to brush. He needed it SO bad. His hair went from being corse and rough to being nice and soft at the end.

But during this time I acciedently gave him brush burn on his little bald spot that was created while brushing the extra hair out :'( now I feel horrible.

Is there anything I can do to help his brush burn, it seems to be bothering him.

EDIT: I don't need advice any more. It doesn't seem to be bothering him and I put a cold wet towel on it and it seemed to help alot. Thanx anyway though.

Ashley

ps: Attached is a picture of J's spot.

(Edited to make it more clear)

Aspen and Misty
08-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Also, I wanted to add that a bunny loosing all his hair is VERY usual. It happens alot to alot of bunnies. Neither of my boys have done it untill now.

Jaxom is also doing it right now (see attached picture) but his is the WORST.

Ashley

aly
08-30-2004, 12:04 AM
I've never heard of that being normal in bunnies. Are you sure they don't have mange or something?

Aspen and Misty
08-30-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by aly
I've never heard of that being normal in bunnies. Are you sure they don't have mange or something?

Yes, it IS normal in bunnies!!! Trust me I have done TONS of research since I DO own 2 of them...

Here are some web sites to prove it

Quoted from http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/furloss.html

" In some cases, a bunny will do a major "coat blow," shedding great clumps of fur and sometimes even leaving small bald patches. . "

Quoted from http://www.rabbitsnmore.com/Rabbits_as_Companions;_Educate_Yourself_before_Bri nging_Bunny_Home_When_the_Fur_Flies2.cfm

" Bald spots are quite common. They should start to grow back within a week or two. "

Quoted From http://www.barkandwag.com/Rabbits.htm

" Bald spots on rabbits are quite common when they are shedding. If you notice bald spots during your rabbit's shedding season, do not be alarmed; the hair will begin to grow back within a week or two. "

If you want MORE proof you can google it yourself.

Ashley

aly
08-30-2004, 12:54 AM
Well I should think that you would check it out at the vet if you're that worried about it. You say its normal, but you're worried enough to make a thread.

PS - those words in all CAPS are a bit condescending when read over the Internet, whether they are intended to be or not.

Aspen and Misty
08-30-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by aly
Well I should think that you would check it out at the vet if you're that worried about it. You say its normal, but you're worried enough to make a thread.

I was just wondering if there was something I could do since I brush burned him, not because he has bald spots. (Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my post so I changed it) I don't think a brush burn is worth a 30 dollar vet visit. If it gets any worse then of course I will take him in.

Ashley

ps: I don't need advice any more. It doesn't seem to be bothering him and I put a cold wet towel on it and it seemed to help alot.