PDA

View Full Version : hair balls

vlr546111
06-26-2000, 12:50 PM
I have an eight year black cat that stays inside. About once a week she will throw up hair after she has eaten, even though I feed her hair ball treatment dry food and give her the medicine the vet recommended. She has short hair and I brush her at least 3 times a week. My other cat,,a short haired tabby,, eats the same food and does not have this problem. Any suggestions??

bloomer
06-26-2000, 01:49 PM
Well I have thre cats all with different type fur... I have one that throws up frequently too.. The other two still throw up too but not as often...I grow cat grass for them to help them actually throw up... I feel I'd rather clean up the fur balls then have them keep them in their stomach... maybe your black cat sheds more than the other one.. but I think hairballs is all part of being a cat owner.

Originally posted by vlr546111:
I have an eight year black cat that stays inside. About once a week she will throw up hair after she has eaten, even though I feed her hair ball treatment dry food and give her the medicine the vet recommended. She has short hair and I brush her at least 3 times a week. My other cat,,a short haired tabby,, eats the same food and does not have this problem. Any suggestions??

------------------
"Bloomer"
WWW.i.am/bearmaker

Moonstarr
06-27-2000, 10:06 AM
You may have to try brushing your cat on a
daily basis. I have a female that requires
frequent brushings (she is a black DSH too)
and yet I don't have to with her brother.
I think her stomach is just more sensitive.
Good luck with you cat!

------------------
Sam