PDA

View Full Version : I need a break! ;o)

kimlovescats
08-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Just a quick note to my PT friends to say that I will be taking a break from the boards for a bit. I am feeling really overwhelmed right now, and just need to take some time to myself, and work on my home situation. My husband has been working 12-18 hours SEVEN DAYS A WEEK ... and hasn't had a day off in 3 weeks! He is only here to sleep about 4-5 hours, then gone again. Plus he was out of town for 3 days. :(

I have a house full of cats / kittens, and I just can't seem to keep up the pace right now. I'm not feeling well physically or emotionally right now ... and all I can think about is how in just 7 or so weeks, there will be a newborn baby here!!!:eek: I don't think I have one room in this entire house that is fit for a baby to be in!:( My health is the pits right now too, and I don't even feel like I can mention it to my husband, because he just simply does not have time to help me.

I really hate to be such a downer right now ... but I just wanted to let you know that no one here has "run me off" if you don't see me for a while.

(hugs)
Kim

Harmanie
08-29-2004, 10:42 PM
I understand, well maybe. Good luck to you and I hope that you come back soon!

moosmom
08-29-2004, 10:49 PM
Kim,

I certainly understand! Cat rescue can be very overwhelming. You need to take care of yourself first. We will miss you. Please get some rest and come back soon, okay?

(((((hugs)))))

Donna

NoahsMommy
08-30-2004, 01:30 AM
Now I wish I lived closer to you so I could come help you with all you have on your plate.

Please take care Kim. We're here for you for whatever you need.

Love,
Kelly :)

Barbara
08-30-2004, 02:59 AM
Kim I understand so well!

Even two moms with kittens are a lot of work- and in addition there are all the grown up cats- plus your daughter and your husband who should be the first in the long line of souls who depend on you.

We are here waiting for you- try to make your life as good as you can- under all that pressure:)

Miss Meow
08-30-2004, 04:26 AM
Look after yourself, Kim. And hope your husband regains some sense of normality too :)

Kirsten
08-30-2004, 04:54 AM
Kim, I can understand you very well. What you describe sounds very much like a burnout-syndrome, which would be no surprise when you and your hubby are working so much!!

Take all the time you need, and I hope life will get more peaceful for you and your family in the future. I know, it's easier said than done, but maybe you can at least gather some strengh...

Take care of you,
Kirsten

Randi
08-30-2004, 06:20 AM
Kim, it sounds like a lot you have to see to, no wonder you need a break. :eek:

We'll miss you, but will be looking forward to your return. Take care!! :)

Pam
08-30-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Now I wish I lived closer to you so I could come help you with all you have on your plate.

Kelly that's exactly what I was going to say. Kim it is a very hard, yet very responsible thing that you are planning to do. PT can sometimes take us away from what we should be doing. I find some days if I really want to get things done I just can't turn the computer on at all.

I think once that precious baby arrives the joy that you will feel will so totally full you up that there will be no room for any negative emotions. (((Hugs))) to you regarding your health problem. While I don't know what it is, God does and so we can pray for a complete recovery for you. You take all the time you need but we will surely miss you.

lizzielou742
08-30-2004, 07:12 AM
Take care of yourself first. Message boards can wait. :) Hoping for better days for you soon!!

(((hugs)))

catnapper
08-30-2004, 07:43 AM
{{{{HUGS}}}} Kim, please take care of yourself first and foremost! Life's pressures can pile up on you without you noticing and then one day you olook and go "wow, how did I get all this?" and then you feel so inundated, overwhelmed, and pulled in twenty directions. Please get some rest, take care of the kittens and look forward to becoming a grandmom soon!

catlover4ever
08-30-2004, 07:43 AM
Kim, take care. I think we all understand, afterall life moves so fast these days....sometimes a break is the best medicine. I will miss you and hope you will be back soon. --- Meg

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-30-2004, 08:23 AM
Take care of YOU!! Will be thinking about you and your family, and keeping you all in my prayers.

(((HUGS)))

Julie

Laura's Babies
08-30-2004, 08:24 AM
(((((HUGS))))) WE sure will miss you while you are away but take all the time you need. I too, would help if I were closer since I donate a lot of my time just to keep myself busy. Rest, take care and we all love you here! Kiss the kitties for me.

K & L
08-30-2004, 08:33 AM
I can certainly relate. You'll be missed and hurry back soon. You need to take care of yourself also!

davidpizzica
08-30-2004, 08:36 AM
Kim, PT will always be here, But it's more important for you to first get your health back, find the energy you are going to need to be a new grandma, and get that room fixed up! Also find some time with your furbabies! I'll miss you,but take ALL the time you need. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you from me, Nikki, and Daisy!

catmandu
08-30-2004, 08:37 AM
It is a shame,that there areso many careless People,out there,and the Pet Talkers,who care,are so overwhelmed,as are Thee Ladies,at the Animal Welfare! Bless You,for caring,and know that you are a HERO,to us all!

Craftlady
08-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Take care of yourself. :)

catcrazylady
08-30-2004, 09:02 AM
Kim we will miss you while you are away but that overwhelming feeling is very understandable. Please take care of you and remember that we love you and will be here when you get back.:)

QueenScoopalot
08-30-2004, 11:06 AM
I can relate 100%! It can get very overwhelming in the middle of kitten season (which never seems to end). I put a self imposed moratorium on any newcomers till things thin out here! Take time for yourself, and stay well. But do indulge us our sweet Tabitha pics once in a while please! ;)

DJFyrewolf36
08-30-2004, 12:34 PM
I agree with everyone, take care of YOU first! Get well and don't burn yourself out because recovering from a burn out is harder than whatever caused it! (I know all too well!!!) *Hugs* and headbumpies from across the miles to you, and believe me if I was closer I'd help out too!

rg_girlca
08-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Dear Kim:

I am so sorry to hear that you are under the weather right now and I hope and pray that you are able to see a doctor for whatever ails you.
Just remember that in about 7 to 8 weeks time, there will be a little one that will be needing your help, so please, get well soon and I wish there was something I can say or do that would lift your spirits up.
Just take one day at a time Kim and keep your faith in the Lord that everything will be okay.
Please take care of YOU and everything else will fall right into place.

Love Ya & (((((HUGS)))))

ChrisH
08-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Oh, Kim, no wonder you feel overwhelmed. {{Big hugs}}

We will miss you. Take care of yourself.

Chris

Vermontcat
08-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Kim, you do so much for so many others, I'm sure you need a break.
Do something for yourself for a change and come back when you feel better.
I look forward to seeing more kitten photos from you when you come back and by then I should be less busy and have some time to post some photos of Samantha for you.:)

christa
08-30-2004, 01:58 PM
Kim:

Not sure if you'll see this . . . but I just wanted to let you know that we're going to miss you so much while you're taking a break. I completely understand though, you've been so overwhelmed lately!!! You need to take some time for yourself. After all, you want to be in top form when the baby comes!!!

You have been a wonderful PT friend! I always appreciate your advice and silly posts!!! You are such a wonderful lady and please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers as you recover from all this stress. I think you're doing the right thing by taking a break.

Can't wait to see you back on the boards!!! Take care and RELAX!!!

Christa :)

ActionCat007
08-30-2004, 05:16 PM
Here is a little something I found on the net. It might enlighen you, just take the time to read it.

Words Of Truth

Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there...to serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson or help figure out who you are or who you want to become.
You never know who these people may be but then you lock eyes with them, you know that very moment that they will affect your life in some profound way. and sometimes things happen to you at the time that may seem horrible, painful and unfair, but in reflection you realize that without overcoming those obstacles you would have never realized your potential, strength, willpower or heart. Everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or by means of good luck. Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness and sheer stupidity all occur to test the limits of your soul. Without these small tests, life would be like a smoothly paved, straight, flat road to nowhere. Safe and comfortable but dull and utterly pointless.
The people you meet affect your life. The successes and downfalls that you experience can create who you are, and the bad experiences can be learned from. In fact, they are probably the most poignant and important ones. If someone hurts you, betrays you or breaks your heart, forgive them because they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to whom you open your heart to.
If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they love you, but also because they are teaching you to love and to open your heart and eyes to little things. Make every day count.
Appreciate every moment and take from it everything that you possibly can, for you may never be able to experience it again. Talk to people you have never talked to before, and actually listen. Let yourself fall in love, break free and set your sights high. Hold your head up because you have every right to. Tell yourself you are a great individual and believe in yourself, for if you don't believe in yourself, no one else will believe in you. Create your own life and then go out and live it.

carla and mike
08-30-2004, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry your feeling down.
It's a hard life.But you'll get thru it.
We all have bad months.I wish I could help.:(

krazyaboutkatz
08-30-2004, 10:42 PM
Kim, I agree with the others in that you need to take care of yourself right now. PT will always be here so please take your time, get healthy again, get your life in order. We'll miss you but we'll be looking forward to hearing from a well rested healthier Kim in the future. I also wish that I lived closer so I could help you out. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

leslie
08-31-2004, 01:21 AM
kim, take what time you need, your daughter needs you and those babies need you! Send pics when you can! (is that too much!) Focus on your new priorities and things will fall into place naturally, you will know we will all be thinking of you and you will be keeping those kitty stories in your head as they happen so you can tell us later! (ah Miss. Tabitha... How do you do?) Anyway, see you when you return! You are a blessing to all creatures!

jenluckenbach
08-31-2004, 05:09 AM
Kim,, I will pray that all in your life can become under control. We will miss you very much. :(