PDA

View Full Version : I'm so worried!! :(:(:(

smileyiloveyou
08-29-2004, 10:28 PM
My mom just left with leah to an emergency vet a couple hours away. I went out to play with the cats one last time before night and she was laying there and her eyes were shut, i thought she was sleeping so i lifted her up, and she opened her eyes but she barely looked alive. I wrapped her up in a blanket and mom just left for the vet. I am so upset. Its all my fault, its from the spaying, i am sure, i should of kept her in the house, now she is going to die because i was so careless.

Harmanie
08-29-2004, 10:34 PM
oh my! {{{hugs}}}

smileyiloveyou
08-29-2004, 10:36 PM
I still cant believe i was so stupid!!! I should of kept a close eye on her:( I shouldnt be around cats if i am just going to make stupid mistakes and kill them:(:(:(:(:(:(

Harmanie
08-29-2004, 10:38 PM
you know what? Don't blame this all on yourself! IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!
your only one person! I'm sure your furbabe will be okay! But really, its not your fault. don't beat up yourself about it.
{{{more hugs}}} good luck!

smileyiloveyou
08-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Harmanie
you know what? Don't blame this all on yourself! IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!
your only one person! I'm sure your furbabe will be okay! But really, its not your fault. don't beat up yourself about it.
{{{more hugs}}} good luck!

I was careless:( I should of noticed, then nothing would of happened:(

Nomilynn
08-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Are you saying that you just recently had your cat spayed and then just let her outside?

Harmanie
08-29-2004, 10:48 PM
See I own a cat but I have never spaded her yet.

But is that bad to let a cat out after being spade??
I really didn't know that. Well for future references I will know!

smileyiloveyou
08-29-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
Are you saying that you just recently had your cat spayed and then just let her outside?

no it was abou 2 weeks ago, and i let her in the house for 5 days after and then she went back out :( i should of just kept her in the dang house:(:(:(:(

Nomilynn
08-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Would you go out running around and rolling in dirt if you had just had a major invasive surgery :p

Yes it's a routine surgery, and it's VERY important to have it done, but you have to keep a close eye on the incision so it doesn't get dirty, infected, etc.

smileyiloveyou
08-29-2004, 10:52 PM
i was keeping an eye on her. She was in our house for 5 days, then she stayed purely in the garage for a couple days, then she ventured out. i was so stupid. i cant believe it:mad:

slick
08-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Lily, please don't panic and please don't blame yourself. You and I are on the same time zone. Are they back from the vet yet? It could be an illness that you had no control over. Leah has not passed so she could be OK. It could just be an infection that's rectified with antibiotics.

{{HUGS}} to you and please keep us updated.

Harmanie
08-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Would you go out running around and rolling in dirt if you had just had a major invasive surgery

Very good point! I understand. Harmanie has an appointment for when her Kits are grown.

smileyiloveyou
08-29-2004, 10:55 PM
No there not back, theres not a emergency vet untill 1.5 hr away. My mom took her. I am at home with my dad.

smileyiloveyou
08-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn

She wasnt my cat, she is one of the strays that i take care of in my cat hut!

smileyiloveyou
08-30-2004, 12:21 AM
Leah and mom just returned home. SHe has some antibiotics, and needs to go back a week today to make sure the infection is gone. Oh my god i am happy she is ok!

dogs_4_me
08-30-2004, 12:36 AM
Glad to here she is ok. What your doing is amazing. I'm sure those cats ar elike family. I would love to see some pics of Smiley and the kitties!

jamie123
08-30-2004, 12:50 AM
wow that is really cool what you are doing. I am so happy to here Leah is ok!