PDA

View Full Version : Dreams of your pets....?

LorraineO
08-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Have you ever dreamt of your pet or pets? Was it good or bad or both?

I have had both ... even woke up laughing with a few,, others not so nice and I wake up in tears or cold sweats!

kingrattus
08-29-2004, 07:56 PM
I use to have such lovely dreams of Max.

But since last xmas, all my dreams r the same thing, the murder & reliving the whole burrial, over & over & over, They may stop for a few days, but they always return. I'm trying to just get use to them, cause I know there here to stay forever.

LorraineO
08-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by kingrattus
I use to have such lovely dreams of Max.

But since last xmas, all my dreams r the same thing, the murder & reliving the whole burrial, over & over & over, They may stop for a few days, but they always return. I'm trying to just get use to them, cause I know there here to stay forever.

oh thats a shame,,,,, do you go to bed aniticipating the bad dreams? that might be a factor... can you try to look at a nice pic or fond memory you have of him before bed instead? that might help to alleviate them a bit....

kingrattus
08-29-2004, 08:32 PM
My Dr. has me doing all kinds of things to get my Anxity to go away & thats one thing that keeps the nightmare alive. Also the only thing that ever made my nightmares (I've had nightmares all my life, every day, so nightmares aren't new to me) go away was Max. I NEVER had a nightmare after I got Max. & now that Max is gone & I saw the worst thing in my life, happen to him It's all I ever exp. in my dreams now. & I still blame myself for what happened to him.

Aspen and Misty
08-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by kingrattus
& I still blame myself for what happened to him.

I'm sorry to hear this :( I can understand though, but please know it's not your fault ::hugs::

I have both, I once had a dream where my brother shot and killed my dog. I have a little "condition" where when I dream I can feel things and I still remember to this day feeling my dog's dead, limp body sretched out acrossed my arms :( when I woke up I balled and grabed my sweet puppy and held him, I have such real dreams sometimes I can't tell them from reality. I once had a dream where someone stabed me. I felt the piercing thing in my side, it literly hurt, then I went from freezing cold to warmer and warmer and warmer, the warming came from my wound and stretched out untill I died. When I woke up I couldn't breath and it was freezing cold in my room??

Ashley

animal_rescue
08-29-2004, 09:02 PM
I once had a dream where my dobie, Maggie, attacked and put me in the hospital! It was so lifelike, especially since she had attacked me in my bed,It was such an awful dream because when I woke up in the hospital my mom told me she had Maggie put to sleep because she was just to dangerous! I mean I wanted to scream and cry when I really woke up since 1.I thought Maggie was really dead and 2. she was sleeping at the end of my bed!

LorraineO
08-30-2004, 05:51 AM
wowsers!!!! Those are all quite the dreams eh ladies?? I am sorry you have them,, but youre not alone,, I have had some really nasty ones too.....

I think a person who feels guilt or mis placed responsibility towards a loved ones death plays a huge factor in what we dream... its the minds way of keeping our pschye (sp?) healthy... to get out anxieties and fantasies in the most harmless way,,, in our dreams. Many dreams dont have anything to do with what the dream actually is about,,, its just the minds way of working things out.

Maybe this will help some of you who feel like this??

senorita02
08-30-2004, 07:44 AM
Ii have horrible dreams about my dogs getting out of the yard somehow and getting lost so i never see them again, i think its cuz it is one of my biggest fears, i get scared just thinking about it!!!

anna_66
08-30-2004, 07:54 AM
I've had lots of dreams good and bad about the dogs. Sometimes they are just waaaay too real!

But I'll tell you, I did have one not that long ago about my RB Keisha. It was one of the most wonderful dreams I've ever had. I woke up feeling so happy inside.
She came to me just to let me know that it wasn't my fault that she died and that she loved me very much.
Just talking about it brings tears to my eyes.

molucass
08-30-2004, 09:04 AM
I've been having nightmares since Felony died, every night... I wake up crying..

The other night I woke up, thinking it had all been a dream and ran outside looking for him, but then when I got out there, I realized that he really was gone and went back to bed to cry myself to sleep.

bizdevguy
08-30-2004, 10:43 AM
when i dream of buddy, my leg twitches, and sometimes I make little sounds. :D

DJFyrewolf36
08-30-2004, 01:23 PM
Usually, in my dreams, I'll be doing something completely unrelated to my pets and then all of a sudden they appear licking me! I wake up and guess what they've decided to do...:rolleyes:

Toller 42
08-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Not usually, but ever since I put Jesse down I keep having dreams of her.

Smilla
08-30-2004, 01:57 PM
Not too long ago, I dreamed that Lefty was trying to eat something off the ground (a common enough occurence) and I said, "No, no, Lefty; leave it, come on," only I woke myself up saying that! Lefty must have been asleep himself, because he didn't come over to see what all the fuss was about. :)

K9soul
08-30-2004, 01:58 PM
I dream about mine, but often my dreams are about Cody and Willie. Usually they are good dreams, they are with me again, or in some of the stranger ones, I find out they never died... these can be very hard even though they aren't really nightmares. I usually don't have bad dreams about things happening to Tommy or Tasha, and I'm grateful for that.

caseysmom
08-30-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by molucass
I've been having nightmares since Felony died, every night... I wake up crying..

The other night I woke up, thinking it had all been a dream and ran outside looking for him, but then when I got out there, I realized that he really was gone and went back to bed to cry myself to sleep.

This is part of the grieving process, it will ease with time you will never forget felony but it will be less painful. You gave Felony your whole heart and you loved him well.

equinelover23
08-30-2004, 03:34 PM
I've had a dream that Rizzo was my unicorn and we could fly.:D Unfortunately I havn't had it again. lol.