PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

smileyiloveyou
08-29-2004, 04:40 PM
Hi guys,

I just signed up for Pet Talk today. I have been looking at dog of the day everyday since i was 12 but now that i am 14 (almost 15) I decided to join Pet talk. I especially wanted to join because I just got my new dog, Smiley. She is a lab Golden Retriever cross. Welll I cant wait to go view everyones thread!

-Lily:D

Uabassoon
08-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Welcome to pet talk! Congrats on your new dog Smiley! I hope we get to see some pictures soon :) I have two cats named Tibby and Corkscrew (you can see their pictures in my signature) and I have a rat named Mokey.

Samantha Puppy
08-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Welcome to PT. We can't wait to see lots and lots of pics of Smiley!

smileyiloveyou
08-29-2004, 04:48 PM
Thanks, I love your cats, Tibby look like a twin to a stray cat that i feed and play with all the time in Parksville! I really want a cat of my own, but i feed and play with about 15 cats everyday, that are strays. It surprises me there are so many stray animals, considering Parksville is a fairly small town. Our shed is there only home! I leave beds and food in there all the time. We get alot of rain in BC so I am glad the kitties can take shelter in our 2 sheds. I wash there beds often, so there are no to many germs on them. I have taken two cats to the vet to get them spayed already. I would like to take more but i do it with my allowance money, so i am still saving up for the next one!

-Lily:D

sammy101
08-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Hi! Welcome to Pet Talk!! yOu'll find it very addicting,lol.
I am owned by one dog and one cat

Kodie is a 13 month old Lab/Rottweiler/hound mix
Bear is a black almost 19 year old cat!

Kodie is in my Signature!

davidpizzica
08-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Smileyiloveyou, welcome to Pet Talk! My name is david p and I live in Pittsburgh, Pa. I'm owned by to cats. Nikki, a 4 year old tuxedo kitty, and Daisy, a 16 month old tortiseshell kitty. If you can, we all would like to see pictures of Smiley, he sounds like a real sweetheart! Keep on posting!

smileyiloveyou
08-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by sammy101
Hi! Welcome to Pet Talk!! yOu'll find it very addicting,lol.
I am owned by one dog and one cat

Kodie is a 13 month old Lab/Rottweiler/hound mix
Bear is a black almost 19 year old cat!

Kodie is in my Signature!

Kodie is very cute! Bear is 19:eek: I wish some of the strays would live to be 19! The longest i have seen one of the strays live is 4. Her name is Kaylie! She looks kinda like a Hamalyin (sorry dont no spelling) or maybe a raggdoll. Then Cody, he is a big fluffy orange cat who must be a bit over 3.

smileyiloveyou
08-29-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by david p
Smileyiloveyou, welcome to Pet Talk! My name is david p and I live in Pittsburgh, Pa. I'm owned by to cats. Nikki, a 4 year old tuxedo kitty, and Daisy, a 16 month old tortiseshell kitty. If you can, we all would like to see pictures of Smiley, he sounds like a real sweetheart! Keep on posting!

Thanks David! I can't wait to post some pictures of Smiley. It will probaly be about a week, because she is in Parksville with my parents right now. I would also love to post pictures of the stray cats that live in our yard. If people are interested that is! I love them as if they were my own kitties!!! :D

trayi52
08-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

My name is Willie, and you can see my gang in my sig.

I am looking forward to seeing pictures of Smiley, so you keep looking around and posting. I know you will love it here!

Willie:)

davidpizzica
08-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by smileyiloveyou
Thanks David! I can't wait to post some pictures of Smiley. It will probaly be about a week, because she is in Parksville with my parents right now. I would also love to post pictures of the stray cats that live in our yard. If people are interested that is! I love them as if they were my own kitties!!! :D Smileyiloveyou, I think everyone at Pet Talk would be interested in seeing those pictures. By the way, pictures of my two kitties are in my signature!

davidpizzica
08-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Welcome to Pet Talk!

My name is Willie, and you can see my gang in my sig.

I am looking forward to seeing pictures of Smiley, so you keep looking around and posting. I know you will love it here!

Willie:) Willie, maybe you can post a couple of good pictures of Nikki & Daisy for Smileyilveyou. I think she would like to see them. Thanks.

smileyiloveyou
08-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by david p
Willie, maybe you can post a couple of good pictures of Nikki & Daisy for Smileyilveyou. I think she would like to see them. Thanks.

I would love to see pictures Willie. :D

You guys can all call me Lilly, not Smileyiloveyou:p

lovemyshiba
08-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Welcome Lilly!!

I can't wait to see pictures of your dog, and I know everyone would enjoy seeing pictures of all of "your" cats too.
It's great what you are doing for them:)

I am owned by the 4 brats in my signature: Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada:D

KYS
08-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk.

Will be looking forward to pics. :)

davidpizzica
08-29-2004, 05:32 PM
I would love to see pictures Willie. :D

You guys can all call me Lilly, not Smileyiloveyou:p Lilly you got it! and it's much easier to spell!

Karen
08-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Well, Lily, welcome to Pet Talk! It is good that you are saving up to get those cats spayed/neutered. Does the vet know these are strays when you bring them in? Some vets will charge less for TNR (Trap Neuter Return) cats, knowing that doing so helps keep the feral cat population down. Ask around, and you may be able to do it more cost-effectively!

How fun that you just got Smiley! I bet she's lovely, how old is she?

Again, welcome to Pet Talk. My name is Karen, and that's my bunny, Miss Hoppy, there in my avatar.

smileyiloveyou
08-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Well, Lily, welcome to Pet Talk! It is good that you are saving up to get those cats spayed/neutered. Does the vet know these are strays when you bring them in? Some vets will charge less for TNR (Trap Neuter Return) cats, knowing that doing so helps keep the feral cat population down. Ask around, and you may be able to do it more cost-effectively!

How fun that you just got Smiley! I bet she's lovely, how old is she?

Again, welcome to Pet Talk. My name is Karen, and that's my bunny, Miss Hoppy, there in my avatar.

Hi karen, Smiley is 2 years old. We got her from a local Shelter. Miss Hoppy is so cute! My friend has 5 rabbits, one looks like Miss Hoppy does. Yes the vet does give discounts. I have spayed 2 cats, one my parents paid for and one I did. My parents pay for the food to so it all adds up fast!

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-29-2004, 07:21 PM
hi Lily!

Welcome to Pet Talk! I'm 14 too, and live in Kentucky. I know you'll love it here...it's awesome, and I've only been here about 2 months! Congrats on Smiley too! I have a Border Collie--Blaze...you can see him in my signature. (isn't he so cute??) :D

~Katie~

anna_66
08-29-2004, 07:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/wave.gifHi Lily, nice to meet you!

I'm glad that you finally decided to join PT! I can't wait to see some pictures of Smiley:D

smileyiloveyou
08-29-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Buddy Blaze Lover
hi Lily!

Welcome to Pet Talk! I'm 14 too, and live in Kentucky. I know you'll love it here...it's awesome, and I've only been here about 2 months! Congrats on Smiley too! I have a Border Collie--Blaze...you can see him in my signature. (isn't he so cute??) :D

~Katie~

Hi, Blaze is very cute!! Is he a pure bread Border Collie?

slick
08-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Lily!!! It's so nice to have new people come aboard. My name is Vickie but please, call me Slick. I'm owned by two kitties and when I retire, I'm getting a dog. Can't wait to see pictures of your precious Smiley. Congratulations on getting a rescue pup.:)

Edit: Oh my gosh Lily, I just read your other thread and realized that you are on Vancouver Island. I'm just outside of Vancouver and only a ferry ride away. :)

kingrattus
08-30-2004, 12:09 AM
WELCOME Lily :D

I'm Jess, I'm 22 & live in Ottawa, ont.

I have all Aqua Pets.

Axle is a 4yr old Common Snapping Turtle, he weighs about 15 pounds.

Oscar is a 3 year old female Tiger Oscar, shes a foot long.

Jack is a 3 year old felmale Jack Dempsey, shes a midget, shes 6 in long & should be a foot long like Oscar.

Mango is a 2 year old Red Devil. He's not a friendly fishy at all. Hes about a foot long, he's very pretty, but would kill me if given the chance.

Cadeau isn't my dog. She belongs to my landlord/mother-in-law. I rent a bed room from her & Cadeau lives upstairs (I'm in the basement)

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-30-2004, 07:33 AM
Hi, Blaze is very cute!! Is he a pure bread Border Collie?

Yes, Blaze is a pure-bred Border Collie! He's very playful and is sooo energetic, it's crazy! (Border Collie trait) He could play fetch ALL DAY LONG! :D I can't wait to see some pictures of Smiley!! ;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-30-2004, 08:12 AM
Hi Lily, and welcome to Pet talk.

I'm Julie, and I am owned by 2 cats - Ally who is a Bahraini Dilmun, and Connor who is a DSH and is deaf.

Great job you are doing looking after the strays and TNR'ing them - it's such a great way to make a BIG difference in their lives!!

I'm sure you will love it here!

Randi
08-30-2004, 08:15 AM
Welcome to PT Lily! :) Great to hear you're feeding all these strays! I'm feeding one who lives in our backyard in a "house" we built, he's at least 12 years old.

My husband and I have Fister ( see avatar) who was born in the yard and lived there for his first year. He's now 8 years old and an indoor kitty.

Hoping to see pictures of your strays and your dog soon. :)

Tina
08-30-2004, 10:16 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!!

manda_moo87
08-31-2004, 01:16 AM
Hi Lily welcome to PT! :D

I live on Vancouver Island, BC too near Duncan! :p

binka_nugget
08-31-2004, 01:21 AM
Welcome! I'm a fellow British Columbian too! :D I'm right in Vancouver.

Hope you like it here!

popcornbird
08-31-2004, 01:29 AM
Welcome Lilly! I have two cockatiels...Popcorn and Muffin. You can see them both in my signature. Can't wait to hear more about your pets!

smileyiloveyou
08-31-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
Welcome! I'm a fellow British Columbian too! :D I'm right in Vancouver.

Hope you like it here!

I love it here:D Wow your lucky you live in a big city...lol well its huge compared to Parksville!!!! Are Kai & Kaedyn from the same litter? lol they kind of look alike!

binka_nugget
08-31-2004, 02:01 AM
I love it here:D Wow your lucky you live in a big city...lol well its huge compared to Parksville!!!! Are Kai & Kaedyn from the same litter? lol they kind of look alike!

:D I love Vancouver. It's nice to have the luxury of a big city.

Kai and Kaedyn aren't related. Kai came from a breeder up in Hedley, BC. He's 2. Kaedyn came from the VAS (Vancouver Animal Shelter). He's 5 or so.

Do you ever come out here? We're having a meeting on the 19th. If you'd like to join, you're more than welcome to!

manda_moo87
08-31-2004, 02:04 PM
I love BC too...:) its beautiufl here

CamCamPup33
08-31-2004, 03:43 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Lily!

My name is Amber, im 14 year's old too. :)

Im owned by one troublesome dog, and a cat! Cami, is my dog.. She's 1 and a half year's young, and shes a Corgi/American Eskimo Mix! Cali is.. Not sure how old she is, But she's a Calico cat. :)

Nice to meet you. :D

CathyBogart
09-01-2004, 02:55 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

My name's Cathy, I'm 20 and I live in California.

I share my home and heart with two dogs, a kitty, a rat, two snakes, and a tarantula. :)

lynnestankard
09-01-2004, 05:38 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk Lily - lovely to have you here - hope you enjoy yourself and get as addicted as we all are.

Your Smiley sounds goregeous - can't wait to see her. Isn't it nice to rescue animals?

Oh I'm Lynne - I live over in England and am Meowmie to three of the daftest cats around - Bagel, Ketchum and Dan - all rescued.

I think everyone on Pet Talk has given up hope of ever seeing pics of them!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lynne

ChrisH
09-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Hi, Lilly, and Welcome to Pet Talk! :)

chrissycat21
09-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Welcome to PT! I can't wait to see pictures of Smiley and of the cats. :)

I'm Chrissy and I'm owned by a maltichon (bichon/maltese cross) named Snowy who is 3 1/2 years old. I'm also owned by a 6 1/2 year old guinea pig named Taffy. Taffy is my avatar and Snowy is in my signature (if imagestation is back up.)

Killearn Kitties
09-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Hi Lilly. Welcome to Pet Talk. My name is Karen and I have three cats, a mother and two daughters. They were strays who started to live in our garden and gradually took over the house as well.

I'd love to see photographs of all your animals some time. :D

rg_girlca
09-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk Lilly.

You can see my crew in my signature.

I'm sure you are going to love it here.:D