PDA

View Full Version : bringing an outdoor cat inside with the indoor one

annibale16
04-05-2001, 01:30 PM
I am new to this whole cat owning thing and I was wondering, I have had an outside cat: Jazzie that is due to have babies any day now and I would like to bring her inside because I don't want her to go out in the woods and have wild kittens.But, I just got Maddie, and she is getting settled in her new home. Maddie has all her shots and has always been indoors , Jazzie doesn't have shots and has never been to the vet. Is it safe to let Jazzie inside? I really don't have anywhere else for her to go. The barns have pesticides etc. and I am afraid to shut her up in there. Can preginant cats get shots?
Help! Time is running out and there is no room at the Inn!( or in the barn for that matter) no pun intended!

4 feline house
04-05-2001, 10:39 PM
She can't have her shots while she is pregnant. You can bring her inside, but it would be ideal of she and the kittens could stay seperate from your other kitty. If you have a large house this might not be a problem, but if it is, since your indoor kitty has had her shots the risk of her catching anything from the outdoor kitty would be minimal. Jazzie would probably be more comfortable having her babies in an isolated area away from Maddie, too, though, so seperation, again, is ideal if possible.