PDA

View Full Version : I've gone a WHOLE YEAR without getting another cat!!!

NoahsMommy
08-29-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm amazed! A whole year and no new furkids!! My usual rate was a new cat about every six months. :eek: (That is so wierd to see in writing! Thank God I'm at PT and not confessing that to others.)

The only new animals are the birds, but that's different. Wow! That's just wierd....

;)

While I adore all 8, I'm so glad we've reached our limit. I figured out the other day I have time for the following: work, school and petcare. ;)

cubby31682
08-29-2004, 03:36 PM
I think you should celebrate by getting another cat. :D

Katie

wolflady
08-29-2004, 04:02 PM
LOL LOL Good for you Kelly!;) I think you have met that comfortable limit where everyone is settled and content. It's hard to resist getting new kitties though....;) :D

**hugs**

krazyaboutkatz
08-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Good for you!!!:) I know that I've been very tempted during kitten season but I know that 4 is my limit too.:)

catnapper
08-29-2004, 04:49 PM
Yahoo! Anywhere else in the world, they'd think you were slightly strange! ;) Here, we get excited about things like this! :D Congrats, and celebrate by becoming a Foster Mom!

MULTICATMOM
08-29-2004, 05:05 PM
IT STARTED WITH ONE...SHE NEEDED A FRIEND...
THAT WAS LAST NOV. AT LAST COUNT: 5 LIVE INDOORS!! THEY HAVE THIER OWN ROOM, THEY GO IN & OUT THE WINDOW... ONE LIVES OUTDOORS (HIS CHOICE)... THE ONE YOU SAW I'M ADOPTING FROM KIM!!!
I APPARENTLY, HAVE NOT REACHED SAID "LIMIT"!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! REMEMBER THE SHOW '8 IS ENOUGH'? ONLY WITH THEM IT WAS KIDS, NOT FUZZ BABIES...

shais_mom
08-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Yea for Kelly!!
I too have been bitten by the kitten bug but and trying to restrain myself...... ;)

NoahsMommy
08-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Congrats, and celebrate by becoming a Foster Mom!
Um..that's how it went from 6 to 8...I can't bear to let them go. That...and any new additions, even if they're "just visiting" drive my furkids crazy.

;)

jenluckenbach
08-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by cubby31682

Katie

ROTFLOL (sounds like something I would say)

Russian Blue
08-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
It's hard to resist getting new kitties though....;) :D

I went shopping at Petsmart today for a cat bed for Nakita. Yes, I'm a bad cat mom since I never bought her a cat bed before, but I thought she would never use it! :o

Of course, Petsmart had their adoption day on, and of course I had to go over and look at the cats. Of course, there were 3 beautiful cats...one that looked like Nakita's sister and two completely black 3 month old kittens that were tumbling everywhere. OMG they were sooooo cute! :D

I almost added to my furkid count today by 3!!! But I resisted since I know we will be doing major construction in the house over the next year or two. BUT, Nakita would have made an excellent sister to those adorable Petsmart cats!

Kelly, I'm so proud of you resisting the urge, the impending construction at my house is the only thing holding me back right now!

;)

kimlovescats
08-29-2004, 06:47 PM
Good job, Kelly! Wish I could say the same. Right now especially I am feeling very overwhelmed ... all of these cats, a crappy house, and a grandbaby on the way!:rolleyes:

christa
08-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Congrats! lol . . . I'm at ONE for now . . . but I have a feeling that my limit will be bumped up to TWO in the near future!!! (hopefully)

Laura's Babies
08-29-2004, 07:17 PM
I wish I could have MORE!!!:rolleyes:

lizzielou742
08-29-2004, 09:32 PM

Katie

LOL!! Fuunnyyy! I agree!!! ;)

moosmom
08-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Way to go Kelly! I've been holding firm at 8 cats myself. Although I've been seriously thinking about taking in the 16 year old Pinkie from the shelter.

Cubby31682,

I think you should celebrate by getting another cat

ROFLMAO!!!!!

catmandu
08-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Its been a while since there have been any found Cats,about a year too,I guess! But there always New Faces,on the Front Porch,last night,a skinny Balck Kitten,ravenous,and EAT! My Lord I thought,that she wouldnt stop,Poor Thing!

catcrazylady
08-30-2004, 09:10 AM
I made it for 6 months and here come these two adorable rescues! I'm so proud of you Kelly! It's hard to do isn't it?

Please help me find the strenght to give up these two babies!!! HELP ME KELLY!!!;) :D :D

NoahsMommy
08-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I made it for 6 months and here come these two adorable rescues! I'm so proud of you Kelly! It's hard to do isn't it?

Please help me find the strenght to give up these two babies!!! HELP ME KELLY!!!;) :D :D
Its soooooo hard! Especially working at a vet where I see kittens every day. At least once a week, someone finds a stray kitten....eeeeep!!! Its soooo hard!!

Give up babies?? Uh oh, I'm not good at that one...hence Phoebe and Sami. ;)

You can do it!! (There....I can at least try to be supportive. ;) )

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-30-2004, 01:00 PM
I can't decide whether to commiserate or congratulate so I'll do both (just pick the appropriate response)

A) Congrats, thats WONDERFUL!!!
B) OMG you poor thing! Need to get #9 sorted ASAP!!!

(((HUGS)))

Julie

Pam
08-30-2004, 01:06 PM

Katie

LOL! LOL! It almost sounds logicall!

:D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Cataholic
08-30-2004, 03:04 PM
Am I supposed to congratulate you? :D :p :D :p

catcrazylady
08-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Its soooooo hard! Especially working at a vet where I see kittens every day. At least once a week, someone finds a stray kitten....eeeeep!!! Its soooo hard!!

Give up babies?? Uh oh, I'm not good at that one...hence Phoebe and Sami. ;)

You can do it!! (There....I can at least try to be supportive. ;) )

Uhhhh, never mind.:( I caved and they are staying!:D

NoahsMommy
08-30-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Uhhhh, never mind.:( I caved and they are staying!:D
Then a BIG CONGRATS goes to you!!! :D :D :D

How exciting!! :)