PDA

View Full Version : Hazel's Vomiting Blood

K & L
08-29-2004, 02:20 PM
OMG! I'm so scared and on my way to the emergency room. Hazel keeps vomiting blood. I can't quit crying. She was acting funny all day and now this began. This isn't our regular vet which bothers me all the more.

Barbara
08-29-2004, 02:25 PM
Oh Lisa, I am just concentrating of as many helping thoughts as I can get. All the best for you and Hazel!

nibblets
08-29-2004, 02:26 PM
My prayers are with sweet Hazel.

Uabassoon
08-29-2004, 02:32 PM
Poor Hazel. Good luck at the emergency vet and I'm sending prayers that everything will be ok with Hazel.

Randi
08-29-2004, 02:33 PM
Oh Hazel, poor girl. I hope it's nothing too serious!! I'll send lots of postive thoughts for you! Hope the vet is good one!

Get better, Hazel!

boscibo
08-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Good thoughts for Hazel are on the way. Poor kitty.

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Poor darling. Hope the white coats can figure out what's the matter and get her healthy again!! Keeping you both in my prayers.

QueenScoopalot
08-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Sending prayers for dear Hazel. :( I hope she'll be alright. Things always seem to go wrong on weekends. :(

NoahsMommy
08-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Oh no! :(

Prayers being sent now. Please update us when you can.

Take care.

Craftlady
08-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Keeping good thoughts and prayers.

wolflady
08-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Oh my gosh! I do know how scary that can be. Please know that we are thinking of you and Hazel. Please update us as soon as you can.

**hugs**

sirrahbed
08-29-2004, 04:00 PM
How very scary:( Prayers are on the way for your sweet Hazel, and for you.

Cataholic
08-29-2004, 04:03 PM
Oh NO! Prayers on the way for Hazel. :(

Karen
08-29-2004, 04:08 PM
Oh dear, let us know what you find out! How awfully, awfully scary!

Joannie
08-29-2004, 04:24 PM
We'll be thinking nothing but good thoughts for Hazel and you. Joannie and the boyz

krazyaboutkatz
08-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I sure hope it's nothing serious. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care and update us when you can.

catnapper
08-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Oh no! I'm praying that she'll be ok! {{{{HUGS}}}}

kuhio98
08-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Oh, poor Hazel! We're all praying for you and Hazel. :(

catcrazylady
08-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Oh PLEASE let hazel be ok!! Prayers for Hazel and you Lisa. Poor baby girl.:(
We are thinking about you all and please let us know how she is when you can.

Grace
08-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Praying for both of you.

kimlovescats
08-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Oh Lisa ... praying for you and Hazel!:(
Please try to update us when you can.

Kim

jenluckenbach
08-29-2004, 05:48 PM
Lisa! How is Hazel? I just read this and it has been a few hours. I am praying all is going to be fine.

K & L
08-29-2004, 06:06 PM
We just got home and it's not looking very good. Hazel's xray's showed some calcium deposits in the kidneys and one kidney larger than the other. I feel terrible. I just knew this was weird, and afraid of this. She also had blood in the urine. They gave her a shot to settle the vomiting down and 2 prescriptions. They put her on a kidney diet, which will be very difficult with all the other cats, but it will be done! One prescription I give 20 minutes before eatiing, it's called Sucralfate. The other prescription is cosequin and if I remember right, it's for the urine. I'm just so depressed. They said this is progressive.:(

catnapper
08-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Poor Haxel. I hate to hear that this is bad news. :( But I know you will do everything to make her as healthy and happy as possible. I hope the medications and special diet help her.

QueenScoopalot
08-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Poor Hazel. I'm sorry to hear she's in such tough shape, but at least she's on meds now to hopefully help her along. Cosequin is for athritis, and skeletal pain in older animals. Any idea how old she is?

K & L
08-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Poor Hazel. I'm sorry to hear she's in such tough shape, but at least she's on meds now to hopefully help her along. Cosequin is for athritis, and skeletal pain in older animals. Any idea how old she is?

Her micro chip said she was 12 years old.

Russian Blue
08-29-2004, 06:34 PM
How scary for you Lisa. :( I'm sorry you had to go through that but I also hope that the medications can bring some relief.

Sending many positive thought to you and Hazel.

NKBurlington
08-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Sending kitty prayers your way :(

kimlovescats
08-29-2004, 06:45 PM
So sorry to hear of all of Hazel's ailments, Lisa ... and sorry that you are having to ride this emotional roller coaster for her!:(
So, if she was microchipped, what about her previous owner? Did I miss something on this? :confused:

christa
08-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Hazel, sweetie, we hope you get to feeling better!!! Let's just hope that the whitecoats caught this in time to do something about it!

So sorry Lisa . . . I know how hard this is going to be. Let's hope that it turns out good in the end. You're in our thoughts and prayers!

Hang in there, both of you!

K & L
08-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
So sorry to hear of all of Hazel's ailments, Lisa ... and sorry that you are having to ride this emotional roller coaster for her!:(
So, if she was microchipped, what about her previous owner? Did I miss something on this? :confused:

Her chip information was never updated and we could never locate the owners. She came from Kansas.

Laura's Babies
08-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Prayers for Hazel are on their way. I am so sorry she is ill and you are having to go through this. This is SO upsetting!!

Craftlady
08-29-2004, 07:29 PM
Will continue to keep good thoughts and prayers for Hazel.

krazyaboutkatz
08-29-2004, 11:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Hazel is so seriously ill.:( Hopefully the meds will help her and make her feel better. Once again prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

Barbara
08-30-2004, 03:02 AM
Poor Hazel, I hope you feel better now... at least a little....

Kirsten
08-30-2004, 05:57 AM
Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry!!! :(

And poor Hazel, I hope she'll get some relief from the meds.

Does your vet think the kidney problems are causing the blood vomiting? I cannot see how this is related but I'm no vet. :(

Poor girl, this sounds so scary. :(

Kirsten

catmandu
08-30-2004, 08:59 AM
All The Found Cats,are Praying,for Hazel,we hope that she gets better!

catcrazylady
08-30-2004, 09:15 AM
Lots of prayers and good thougts for sweet Hazel and you Lisa. What a shame that such a sweety has to feel so bad. I know this has to be so hard on all of you. I hope you can get some good news and find some way to offer her relief.
We are thinking about you all!

K & L
08-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot

Cosequin is also given to help a cat's bladder. The inner lining of the bladder wall is protected by a layer, which contains some of the same compounds as are found in cartilage. This layer prevents urine and the waste products contained within it from seeping into and damaging the lining. Since the components of Cosequin are available to more than just cartilage cells, the bladder may use them to help support this protective layer. Since Hazel had blood in her urine, they prescribed this to see if it helps.

K & L
08-30-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Kirsten
Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry!!! :(

And poor Hazel, I hope she'll get some relief from the meds.

Does your vet think the kidney problems are causing the blood vomiting? I cannot see how this is related but I'm no vet. :(

Poor girl, this sounds so scary. :(

Kirsten

Yes, one of the symptoms of Renal failure is vomiting. Since Hazel has been doing this continually for sometime now, they feel irritation may be part of the reason for the blood.

She held down her dinner last night, and so far her breakfast this morning. I hated going to work! After the vet bills this past couple of weeks, I had no choice!:)

smokey the elder
08-30-2004, 09:27 AM
Poor Hazel! Be good and let meowmie give you your meds. Get well soon!