PDA

View Full Version : Furry Mice

Uabassoon
08-29-2004, 01:54 PM
Since I know that most cats LOVE furry mice, I was wondering how many of you have kitties that love to kill their little tails. When I buy one for Tibby within seconds the tail is gone. I don't even know how it happens. I hand her the mousie, then 10 seconds later I look at her and the tail is gone! Fur mice never last very long in this house, but they sure do get used! Sometimes after Tibby destroys the tail she feels the need to drown them in her water bowl.

What strange things do your kitties do with furry mice?

Barbara
08-29-2004, 02:20 PM
I must admit Tigris not only eats their tail but he skins them:rolleyes:

nibblets
08-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Julie used to eat the tails and bat the mouse around for kicks...until the dog discovered them and decided to eat them and then bringing them back up. ewwww!
Here favorite is pompom balls...especially the ones with the glittery mylar threads in them. We play this game daily...she bats them under the microwave or computer stand and I dig them out. There are at least a dozen of them MIA. They seem to show up on cleaning day.

boscibo
08-29-2004, 03:09 PM
I cut the tails off before Hanna gets them - I think she was eating them. I don't know how healthy that is, so now they get cut. She also loves to drown them, they tend to fall apart after soaking. ;)

Hanna is weird with her mousies - she will fetch them but she will totally ignore the white ones. :confused: She loves playing fetch with the colored mousies!

I used to buy them at the grocery store and each pack would have 4 mousies - one red, one green, one yellow and one white. Since she ignores the white ones the white ones would stay lonely - I finally found a pack of multi colored mousies at Wal Mart - no white ones, so all is well with the world again.

She drags them out to share with the dogs. Before Bandit passed away if he would get ahold of them he'd chew them up. The other two dogs totally ignore mousies - poor Hanna wants to share, but they don't want to play with her and her mousies.

Hanna thinks Bo and Abby are strange cats - they ignore the mousies too.

Before I fall asleep I have to make sure all stray mousies are safe under my pillow or else Hanna will wake me up at 4 AM playing toss the mousie by herself. :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
08-29-2004, 03:11 PM
ha ha! Funny thread! :)

My cats usually tear off (and swallow) the tails too.

Micah LOVES to play fetch with those mice, Hermie LOVES to stalk, kill and then carry them around in her teeth.

boscibo
08-29-2004, 03:16 PM
I forgot one other thing Hanna does - she loves hiding them in shoes! I have found so many mousies in the toes of my shoes.

Uabassoon
08-29-2004, 03:16 PM
My moms cat Kitty sort of has a love/hate relationship with her mice. First she will treat it as if it's her baby, she'll clean it and move it to a safe location. Then 10 minutes later she'll put it in her mouth and shake it around trying to kill it. WHen she's done with that, she'll put it back down to bathe it and start the process over again.

catnapper
08-29-2004, 05:02 PM
I've heard of this phenomenon, but little fur mice retain their tails around here. :)

christa
08-29-2004, 06:58 PM
Josie has a FAVORITE mousie . . . she soaks it's tail with slobber. It's got fur that feels just like hers and she cuddles it and even grooms it! It's so funny to see her laying there giving this fake mouse a bath!!!

Nomilynn
08-29-2004, 07:31 PM
I always cut the tails off. Tilly would eat them, but then she would be sick several times trying to get it up. Silly girl.

Laura's Babies
08-29-2004, 07:35 PM
No matter what toys my gang get, if it can be chewed or ripped apart, GIZ will do it first!

molucass
08-29-2004, 09:56 PM
My moms cat, Lilly, stays on our front porch most of the time, so I gave her a couple of those mousies to play with.... She's kinda old, and doesn't really do much besides eat and sleep, but when I gave her the mouse, she started playing just like she did when she was a young kitten.

Well, I let Annie (my dog) out in the front yard to go potty a few days ago, and Annie stole the mouse and brought it back in the house with her... I didn't know what she was chewing on at first, but she ate the tail, and then she skinned the mouse.

So I went outside to see if Lilly still had her other mouse, and I couldn't find it, so I was about to go get her another one to play with, but she hopped down off the chair she was laying on and she had been laying on the mouse.... So, I threw it under the bushes and she went running after it and play with it for a few seconds, and then grabbed it in her mouth and put it back in the chair, and then laid back down on it. Lol...

heinz57_79
08-30-2004, 02:03 AM
i don't know what happens to the 'skins' of the mice... but I usually find the little plastic carcass laying in the middle of the floor, cold and lonely. :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
08-30-2004, 07:09 AM
Our girls love small furry mice, but yes, they lose their tails pretty quickly!

catlover4ever
08-30-2004, 07:44 AM
My cats eat the tails off of most ever mouse....now my mom's cats, well they skin the poor thing and end up playing with a plastic mouse. :eek:

catmandu
08-30-2004, 08:54 AM
I ahvent had those mice,as THE AWA Mice,are much better,and more durable,and they cant eat the tails,of these Mice!And The money goes,to the Homeless Cats,of my region!