PDA

View Full Version : Veterinarian Sentenced to Probabation for Murdering Dog in Texas

QueenScoopalot
08-29-2004, 12:55 PM
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/9452588.htm

Posted on Fri, Aug. 20, 2004

Veterinarian sentenced to 2 years probation

By Domingo Ramirez Jr.

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

FORT WORTH - A veterinarian convicted last month of killing a neighbor's miniature daschund with a log-splitting maul in 2003 was sentenced today to two years of probation and ordered to attend anger control counseling.

Mircea Volosen, 45, showed no emotion as visiting State District Judge C.C. "Kit" Cooke announced the sentence before a packed Fort Worth courtroom.

Cooke also ordered Volosen to complete 200 hours of community service or make a $2,500 donation to the Humane Society of North Texas.

Cooke gave Volosen the donation option because of repeated picketings at locations where the 45-year-old veterinarian has tried to work since he killed the daschund on July 4, 2003. The dog, Ginger, was bludgeoned in the backyard of Volosen's Colleyville home. He has since moved to an undisclosed location.

The judge declined to suspend Volosen's license. The Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners in Austin is investigating the case. Volosen had no history of disciplinary action, according to the board.

Mick Meyer of Fort Worth, one of Volosen's attorneys, did not allow Volosen to comment on the sentence. He will appeal, Meyer said.

Walt Junker, a Tarrant County Assistant District Attorney, said the sentence was fair. "It's what you would expect for a first time offender," he said.

Before the sentence was announced, Cooke noted that Ginger was illegally in Volosen's backyard, but that she had not killed any of the veterinarian's chickens. Ginger had killed in the past.

She was going back to her owner, who was calling her to get out of Volosen's backyard, when she was killed, Cooke said.

Cooke noted the struggle Volosen had coming to the United States from Romania and glowing reports from employers.

"There was instances of you having a temper," Cooke said. "Employers mentioned having to control your temper, and that's what I believe was at the bottom of all of this."

In September 2002, Volosen killed a black Labrador retriever, , with a blunt object after the dog killed several rabbits and chickens, according to a police report filed by Volosen.

Colleyville police have said that Volosen was not charged at the time because Volosen had a right to protect his animals.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: And he keeps his license to practice? :confused: How does he euthanise people's pets that are elderly and dying? :mad: :(

davidpizzica
08-29-2004, 01:07 PM
That man SHOULD have had his license revoked! A bleeding heart judge lets him keep it in spite of killing two dogs. If he can't cure the animals, IS HE GOING TO KILL THEM??!! This is shameful!

Karen
08-29-2004, 05:48 PM
It would be smarter, more cost effective and easier for him to get a decent fence to keep his chickens safe, don'cha think? I would never bring an animal to him expecting compassionate care.

KYS
08-29-2004, 06:03 PM
I can't imagine anybody bringing their animals to
this %$*@ after learning what he has done.

QueenScoopalot
08-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Karen
It would be smarter, more cost effective and easier for him to get a decent fence to keep his chickens safe, don'cha think? I would never bring an animal to him expecting compassionate care.
My thoughts exactly! And now that he's relocated, and still can practice as a vet, will he change his name to top it off? I'd never bring an animal to him either. :mad:

dukedogsmom
08-29-2004, 06:46 PM
This is so wrong. That's the justice system for you. Protects the criminals to the last.

davidpizzica
08-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
This is so wrong. That's the justice system for you. Protects the criminals to the last. DDM, you're so right. Protect the criminal, but the heck with the victims rights That "man" should NEVER be practicing again!

DJFyrewolf36
08-30-2004, 10:16 AM
He really wasnt a "first time offender" was he? :mad: Anger management issues huh, pfft and since he has to only make a donation Im sure he will find a way around it. Probation?! Thats all? Ugh, I'd never take any animal of mine to his office, thats for DARN sure!

davidpizzica
08-30-2004, 10:27 AM
DJF, If I were the judge(he used poor judgement too) I would have forbidden from even looking at another animal let alone having him retain his license. Nobody in his or her right mind should EVER bring an aminal to him!

Desert Arabian
08-30-2004, 10:43 AM
Sick bastard. Obviously he is not to fond of animals, so why the hell did he become a vet- just for the money!? There is a deep pit in hell with his name written all over it. I want to go down there too so I can chop him up in a log-splitter.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

DJFyrewolf36
08-30-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by david p
DJF, If I were the judge(he used poor judgement too) I would have forbidden from even looking at another animal let alone having him retain his license. Nobody in his or her right mind should EVER bring an aminal to him!

I am in full agreement!