PDA

View Full Version : The weirdest and creepiest thing is happening...

Cookiebaker
08-29-2004, 04:59 AM
So it's just barely day break out, and I keep hearing this noise out the window. I went to look, and the air is FULL of bats. They kind of freak me out, but I feel safe inside, so I'm just watching them. There are about 15 of them swooping and swirling and coming really close. I've never seen anything like it!!! :eek:

cloverfdx
08-29-2004, 07:04 AM
That is creepy, but at the same time it would be kind of cool to watch. :D

I too would be staying inside ;).

Pam
08-29-2004, 07:41 AM
:eek: :eek: Anna could you grab your camera and take a picture? Even though it is creepy, I would love to see them.

Cookiebaker
08-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Pam
:eek: :eek: Anna could you grab your camera and take a picture? Even though it is creepy, I would love to see them.

I thought of grabbing the camera, but decided it was pointless. They fly soo fast, and are in your view for only half a second at a time. I guess they have all gone to bed now, the air is clear. :)

edit: ps Pam! Empty your PM box! ;)

KYS
08-29-2004, 08:31 AM
I also think it is cool.
(as long as they go back home) :D

Tonya
08-29-2004, 10:39 AM
We don't have a whole lot of bats around here, but the sounds that they make creep me out for some reason. I remember when I was a little girl, we used to go to a Christmas Tree farm to cut our tree down. I grabbed a tree and said "Let's get this one!" Three bats flew out and skimmed over my head. I peed my pants. lol.

My aunt rescued a bat with an injured wing one time. They are actually very cute up close.

HoRsELUvR
08-29-2004, 11:45 AM
That sounds really cool.A few days ago there was a bat on the ground at camp.It was only there for a little while and then it flew away.

sammy101
08-29-2004, 11:49 AM
lol!! that would scare the crap out of me,lol.but i bet its amazing to watch,;)

dappledoxie
08-29-2004, 12:07 PM
Pretty cool! I bet it was neat, but yea, freaky too. lol

moosmom
08-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Cookiebaker,

Actually, bats are harmless. They been given such a bad rap, people think that they will try to nest in their hair, will suck blood from you etc. It's old wives' tales.

When bats "swoop", they eat all sorts of bugs, including mosquitoes. Some people actually have bat feeders hanging from their trees to keep mosquitoes and unwanted bugs from their yards.

smileyiloveyou
08-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Wow, I have never ever seen a bat before. I would love to though! That must of been quite the experience! Did you take any pictures?

QueenScoopalot
08-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Moosmom almost took the words right out of my mouth! :eek: Bats are very beneficial to the environment, and totally harmless creatures. I love watching them swooping and using their radar to zero in on an insect! I used to live in an apartment building, and for some reason our weird downstairs neighbor would get bats in her place every now & then. One day Tina comes screaming up at our door saying "there's a bat in my hamper"! I went and rescued the bat and set it outside again....and was sooo tempted to say to her that it probably fell out of her head! :D But I was nice. ;) Enjoy the show...it's free, and think of all the hundreds of mosquitos being consumed every evening.