PDA

View Full Version : Philly: Sanitation Crew Finds Dog In Trash

Samantha Puppy
08-28-2004, 04:24 PM
If this doesn't make you sick and want to hunt down the !@#$!#@$ low-life that would do something like this, I don't know what would. Poor thing. Thank God for those sanitation workers. I hope they find those responsible and put THEM in a vinyl bag and throw it away. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Aug 26, 2004 6:22 pm US/Eastern
PHILADELPHIA (KYW) It is a disturbing case of animal cruelty that only has a happy ending because of some alert sanitation workers.

As CBS 3’s Cydney Long reports, his name is little Oscar. The one-year-old mixed Terrier got his name after he was rescued from a trash can. Someone apparently put the dog in a vinyl like sac, bound it tightly with wire, and deliberately threw it away.

“It's horrific anyone would do such an evil act. When I saw the bag I couldn't believe it, I thought what else do people throw away that the trash guys don’t see, if he wasn't alert, Oscar wouldn't be here today,” said SPCA Veterinary Manager Lisa Rodgers.

Long reports that Philadelphia sanitation crews, who asked to remain anonymous, saved Oscar’s life.

It was along B Street, underneath the bridge near St. Christopher Hospital that garbage collectors realized a trash bag was moving.

Despite the fact Oscar was not physically bruised or harmed otherwise, Rodgers says he in fact had a full tummy when he arrived at SPCA: “He had eaten and had a stomach full of food on x-ray, so someone fed him then threw him away. Who would do that?”

“It's more than just a case of abandonment, this was cruel intent. If we catch them, we can get more than abandonment,” said Charlene Peters of the North Philadelphia SPCA.

Although Oscar still needs about a month of therapy and rehabilitation before becoming available for adoption, Long says the hope at the SPCA is that someone recognizes the dog, knows who did this to him, and turns that person in.

DogLover9501
08-28-2004, 04:26 PM
Omg :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :(

That is so cruel :( :mad:

Im glad they found him, and I hope he gets a furrever home, and I hope they find those idiots!!

sammy101
08-28-2004, 04:30 PM
GRRR!!!!:mad:

how terrible!! i hope he finds a wonderufl home with people that care about him!!:mad:

kingrattus
08-28-2004, 05:20 PM
Poor little guy. Remember he could have been stolen by kids right after his owners fed him & put him outside to potty. So u can't always blame the owners for horrible things done to doggies. So whom ever did this should be shot.

KYS
08-28-2004, 05:41 PM
Very heart breaking.

cfuh
08-28-2004, 05:56 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: i really don't understand why people do that!?!?!?!? :mad: :mad: :mad: why can't they just take the dog to the shelter/spca or something?? it's sooooo sad that people think it will get rid of their problem (i.e., the dog). :( :(

chocolatepuppy
08-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Sick,sick people:mad: That's where my Mandy was found with her three littermates, in a dumpster. Luckily a man and his little boy saw a man throw a bag in the dumpster and then walked by and heard the puppys!Then took them to the shelter.

Smilla
08-28-2004, 06:13 PM
I don't get it. This happens so often that people like this must be all around me and I don't even realize it. :(

LorraineO
08-28-2004, 06:39 PM
Pretty darned sick......
Lucky for the pup he was found

manda99
08-29-2004, 04:25 AM
That is so foul. The things people do...

Ug.

Dot
08-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Take a look at this adorable little dog, Oscar! He's certain to find a loving home!

You can also watch a video of him in the entire report, showing the bag he was found trapped in, at:
http://kyw.com/Local%20News/local_story_239171243.html

Click on the link there to see the video.

Dot