PDA

View Full Version : Cat Food

Uabassoon
08-28-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm thinking of changing Tibby and Corkscrew's food, they are currently eating Science Diet. I'm looking for something that's higher quality. I'm thinking of getting Nutro Natural, but I'd like to get some other suggestions. I normally shop at PetSmart, so I would prefer that it is a food that is sold there. I would like to feed something like Chicken Soup or Canidae, but the only store in towns that sells it also sells puppies and kittens so I refuse to give them my buisness, so those two brands are out.

catnapper
08-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Even with our finacial problems, I feed all three monsters nutro Natural and LOVE it. It makes a big diffeence in the litter box, thats for sure, and if you go to Nutro's website, you can sign up for their frequent buyer's program. They will send you a big book of coupons.

Equus217
08-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Both my girls are on Nutro Natural and I am very pleased with it. They both love it, actually preferred it instantly to Iams (they actually picked out the pieces of Nutro and left the Iams when I started to mix them to transition them over). The main difference was in their coats....both of them are so shiny and silky now a total turnaround. I definately recommend this brand!:D

Equus217
08-28-2004, 12:34 PM
thanks for the coupon tip catnapper!!!

Uabassoon
08-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the reccomendations catnapper and equus! I feel more comfortable with my choice now :) I also went to the website and filled out the form for those coupons :)

Craftlady
08-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Nutro is the best. Today at PetSmart a rep was there giving $2.00 coupons for Nutro foods. Normally it's $26.99 we got it for $24.99 plus tax. :)

Glacier
08-28-2004, 01:34 PM
Nutro is what I used to feed. The cats did great on it and really liked it. I only switched because one of my males started blocking repeatedly and he has to have CD forumla now--so everyone gets that stuff.

lizzielou742
08-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Tito is on Nutro Max Cat Light (pudgy boy). He wolfs it down and begs for more. Of course, he would always rather eat Sophie's kitten food - Science Diet kitten. Actually, Tito will eat anything. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

catmandu
08-29-2004, 11:16 AM
Nutro,is excellent,with the Customer Service,and they always have Great Rebates! If you call them,at 1 800 833 5330,they will,be more,than glad,to send you Coupons!

Uabassoon
08-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Once again thanks for all the great reccomendations on this food :) I went to Petsmart today and picked up a bag of the indoor formula and some canned food. I still have a lot of Science Diet left, so once that bag gets a little lower I'll start mixing the two and getting them used to it. Thankfully my cats have never been picky, so I'm sure they will like the new food.

NoahsMommy
08-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Nutro is a very good food, I used to give it to my furmonsters, but Noah kept erping it up.

We give them Royal Canin and Innova. (IVD as well, for Hermie's skin and Micah's tummy)

Craftlady
08-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Thanks for information on coupons :)
Interesting fact between Nutro Weight Maintance and Nutro Indoor Cats (new product ). The fat content of NWM was 5% less than the NIC. All the other ingrediants were the same. That surprised the gal working the area for Nutro at PetSmart and us too. So we decided to stay with the NWM for our gang. :)

moosmom
08-29-2004, 03:17 PM
I've tried to put my cats on Nature's Choice and Max Nutro. They just don't care for it. They like small kibble. Nature's Choice's kibble is too big.

boscibo
08-29-2004, 03:20 PM
I've been feeding Precise dry since last winter (on the advice of the lady at the pet food store) and they really like it - but Abby has become such a little butterball on it. I think Hanna is getting a little plumper too (but that could be because she isn't a kitten anymore). I've been thinking about switching to Nutro. I need to put weight on Bo (I pick him up from his I-131 tonight! Yaya! I can't wait) but the two girls might need some sort of lite fomula. I really like the convenience of feeding all three cats the same dry food, though.

Uabassoon
08-30-2004, 03:24 AM
Tonight I tried giving them the Nutro canned food. It was a big hit! Normally Corkscrew doesn't care too much for canned food, he'll eat it because it's there but he really doesn't like it. Tonight he loved it so much that he was trying to get Tibby's share. I'm happy to see him eating wet food because I think if he eats a little of it everyday it's good for him since it has a lot of water.