PDA

View Full Version : Weepy eye

catnapper
08-28-2004, 10:26 AM
I just noticed that Allen's left eye is runny, and glazed looking. I've never noticed it before. He let me look at it, and I don't see anything in the eye that couls cause irrittion. He and Pouncer were having a good old round wrestling earlier. But I didn't see a scratch on the surface. Should I worry about it?

I'm such a scardy-cat cat mama!

Laura's Babies
08-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Being a worrier myself, I would watch it real close... He could have had trash in it and the tears washed it out... But I would worry and watch..

jazzcat
08-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Is he having any colored discharge? When Scout has problems with a clogged tear duct her eye will sometimes even get a milky looking film over it and it waters when she eats or drinks. The vet told me not to worry about it since it always clears up in a few days.

Better keep a close eye on Allen to make sure it isn't a scratch or some other irritant. If you start seeing any green discharge then you need to get him to the vet for sure. Please keep us posted.

kimlovescats
08-28-2004, 11:29 AM
I honestly think that kitties suffer allergies from weather changes too. A couple of mine have had sporadic runny eyes that haven't amounted to anything so far! Just keep a watch, and try not to worry!;)

Equus217
08-28-2004, 12:29 PM
My vote goes with Kim and allergies. Reno has very runny eyes, some days more than others....and she has gotten a clear bill of health repeatedly from the vet (noooo.....i'm not a worrier:rolleyes: ) Vet says just allergies and not to worry unless eyes produce a colored discharge or are red and/or swollen.

I know what you mean though....Vegas and Reno tumble around and beat the daylights outta each other....so I worry about scratches too. Just keep a close watch!

:D

catnapper
08-28-2004, 12:34 PM
Whew, thank all of you!

The liquid is clear and watery. No color or thickness to it at all. Allergies could be right, since I know I'm going nuts right now with allergies, why not the cats? With all that rain, mold & ragweed is flourishing this year! :D

lizzielou742
08-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Every once in a blue moon, I notice something like what you described wth Tito's eyes. Not really glazed, just runny. I worry about it too. Usually it just goes away. I tell myself maybe he just got something - a hair or dust or something - in there and (obviously) that is nature's way of getting it out. But I feel your pain!

jenluckenbach
08-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Lucas just had that (those orangies sure stick together). But Lucas had a bit of the sneezes too. This stuff comes and goes all the time. My plan of action is noting it (so I can remember when it started if it SHOULD turn out to get bad) and then watch for it to make sure it doesn't worsen.

Kitty kisses to Allen.

catmandu
08-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Thats funny,as I just noticed than one of John Hancocke eyes,is watery, I wonder if,in playing,with JJJ3,it got bruised? I hope taht both,of Our Cats,will be All Right!!!

kuhio98
08-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Well, count Halo into to the "Goopy Eye Club". It was her left eye yesterday and this morning it's her right eye. Some goopy yellow/green discharge that she hates me cleaning. She's not sneezing but I think it's alergies also. The Fireweed seed is blowing around like crazy and she loves to roll around in it.