PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Starbucks??

sammy101
08-27-2004, 03:54 PM
OMG I LOVE STARBUCKS!!;) i love their Caramel Frappucino with the whip cream and caramel sauce "yum"!!:rolleyes:

Tonya
08-27-2004, 04:00 PM
I like Starbucks, especially the Carmel Machiatto, but it's not my first choice. When it comes to resturaunts and coffee shops, my first choice is always the mom and pop hole in the wall places, not a franchise.

binka_nugget
08-27-2004, 04:04 PM
♥ ♥ I LOVE Starbucks!! ♥ ♥ :D

My favorite is the Vanilla Creme. mmm mmm.

dappledoxie
08-27-2004, 04:05 PM
I love them, :D I love the Mocha Frappuchino (sp) with whip cream.

Tina
08-27-2004, 04:37 PM
I've never been to a Starbuck I don't think we even have one.

But I have had one of their bottled Frappuccino's I bought at a grocery store. They were pretty good.

CountryWolf07
08-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Yep! LOVE LOVE LOVE Starbucks! My friend and I actually go there once a week just to sit and talk, and drink! I love Frappachino Mochas.. YUM!

Harmanie
08-27-2004, 05:18 PM
My idea of heaven is with a starbucks on every single corner!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
DROOOOL

BCBlondie
08-27-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by dappledoxie
I love them, :D I love the Mocha Frappuchino (sp) with whip cream.
Same here, Brandy! :D

Uabassoon
08-27-2004, 05:36 PM
I don't think it's the worst coffee ever, but I'm really not a big fan of it. The coffee itself is a little stale and often burned. The beans aren't roasted in the store so by the time they make it to the store from the warehouse they aren't really fresh. I like the coffee at the place I work at, but it's only a Tucson chain. There is one coffee shop in town that has the best coffee I've ever tasted, but they don't really have all those yummy blended drinks that I like.

dogs_4_me
08-27-2004, 05:36 PM
mmmm yumm!! Notihng like a good ol Strawberry Cream Frapachino!

teenster3
08-27-2004, 05:40 PM
I think it's too strong!:p

RedHedd
08-27-2004, 06:01 PM
Nope, avoid them like the plague. Give me a small local coffeehouse anyday over plastic, over-commercialized Starbucks. Their coffee isn't even that good .... Make mine Peet's, preferably at one of the original Peet's stores here in the Bay Area before they got big too.

Uabassoon
08-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Make mine Peet's, preferably at one of the original Peet's stores here in the Bay Area before they got big too.

I've heard so much about Peet's coffee, hopefully someday I'll actually get to try some!

sammy101
08-27-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by teenster3
I think it's too strong!:p

ya i think that the coffee is too strong for me,but i love their other drinks!

wolflady
08-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
Nope, avoid them like the plague. Give me a small local coffeehouse anyday over plastic, over-commercialized Starbucks. Their coffee isn't even that good .... Make mine Peet's, preferably at one of the original Peet's stores here in the Bay Area before they got big too.

OK RedHedd, it's final...you're going to have to introduce me to Peet's sometime! I haven't been there and I don't know where one is! Perhaps before (or after) a catshow??!! :D Yum! I'm always up for finding good coffee! :D

Dogz
08-27-2004, 06:13 PM
I've never been there. :( I have heard it is such a great place, but I haven't run across one yet.

I have been to a Caribou Coffee though. He he he, close enough. ;)

RubyMutt
08-27-2004, 07:31 PM
I might as well live there :rolleyes: ;)

my usual drink is a grande single nonfat mocha :)

slleipnir
08-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Never been. Is that like Tim Hortons in Canada?

RubyMutt
08-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir

Nope, there's Starbucks in Canada as well :)

CamCamPup33
08-27-2004, 07:46 PM
Tall latte, Extra whip cream. YUM!

So the answer to your question is, YEP! :p

Samantha Puppy
08-27-2004, 08:49 PM
I can count on one hand how many times I've been to a Starbucks. If I do, it's usually in October/November when I'm in the mood for hot cider. Otherwise, if I'm with friends who frequent Starbucks, I'll sometimes order a Chai Tea Latte but usually I pass. Their drinks are overrated - both taste-wise and price-wise. For me, anyway. :)

sammy101
08-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir

Tim Hortons is cheaper than Starbucks,and Tim hortans sells donuts and Starbucks doesnt.I love Tim Hortans too! i love there Iced Cappuchino(spl??),and a canadian maple glazed Donut! lol:p

popcornbird
08-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by RubyMutt

Starbucks is all over the globe!!!

I like Starbucks, but I don't *love* it. I think I like their other drinks more than their hot coffee. :o Frappucino is soooo good.

sirrahbed
08-27-2004, 09:50 PM
I LOVE Starbucks - but not for the coffee - I love their fruit drinks and their scones - epspecially the walnut maple scone.:D I am super picky about my coffee and their is not even *good* I do not think. My favorite coffee is at Bob Evans restaurants and home brewed Jacobs Kronung from Germany.

NoahsMommy
08-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Mmmmmm...LOVE Starbucks for their espresso drinks, but not their drip. Too strong and too bitter....always.

I normally order a decaf Mocha Frap and their new stawberry shortcake scone. YUMMY!!

My favorite hot drink is a decaf Peppermint Mocha. YUM!

:)

jenfer
08-28-2004, 12:32 AM
I love Starbucks and I also love little coffee shops too. :) I agree with PCB, Starbucks is EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RubyMutt: I thought of you when I saw this thread. lol.

slleipnir
08-28-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by RubyMutt

o_O ooo...not where I've ever been so I thought there wasn't LOL. We must be on welfare here.

tikeyas_mom
08-28-2004, 01:05 AM
i like their fraps.

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-28-2004, 05:02 AM
They are OK - but not my favourite. I prefer Costa Coffee, or Seattles Best.

lynnestankard
08-28-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Dogz
I have been to a Caribou Coffee though. . ;)

Me too..........................I love coming over to see Diane (Chicago Area) and going to Caribou Coffee.
I'm not keen on Starbucks - their all over the place here as well.

Lynne

G.P.girl
08-28-2004, 10:46 AM
omg i love starbucks! i'm sooo addicted to them . my coffeof choice is a tall non-fat mocha no whip, and extra foam. i also love the passion tea lemonade. i was so sad when they stopped making the mocha malt frappachino:(

heinz57_79
08-28-2004, 12:26 PM
I love Starbucks! It's the best coffee place EVER! Evrything is SO good! I couldn't even begin to choose a favourite drink! (Note: None of my praise has anything to do with the fact that Bella is training to be a manager at Starbucks here. ;) hehehe)

wolf_Q
08-29-2004, 02:14 AM
Ewwwww NO. I don't like anything with a coffee taste to it....even if it has whipped cream and chocolate in it! *gags*

dogs_4_me
08-29-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Ewwwww NO. I don't like anything with a coffee taste to it....even if it has whipped cream and chocolate in it! *gags*

they have other things there, hot chocholate, iced teas, fruit drinks, frappachinos witch dont have any cofee taste, teas, pops, candies ect.

Miranda_Rae
10-13-2004, 05:12 PM
OH MY GOSH!!!! I *LOVE* it. We just got one where I live and I am SO addicted. YUMMY!! I want one now....:( (there needs to be a crying smilie on here!)

cfuh
10-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Harmanie
My idea of heaven is with a starbucks on every single corner!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
DROOOOL

heehee, go visit NYC...it'll be a dream come true for ya!!! :D :D

over here in DC, it's getting to be like it almost.

i LOVE the Caramel Machiatto and the strawberry creme frap...YUM!! :) :)

lizzielou742
10-13-2004, 05:21 PM
It's OK, but talk about pricey!! :eek:

Sirrahsim
10-13-2004, 05:24 PM
In Japan, Starbucks are almost as common as McDonalds:eek: :eek: and trust me, that is saying a lot! My favorite drink is the Mango Frappachino, I'm not sure if they have that flavor in the states though.

Tonya
10-13-2004, 06:41 PM
I just got an email about Starbucks, I am not sure if it is true, but here it is:

Just an old MARINE passing this scuttlebutt on to all you civilians.

NO MORE STARBUCKS FOR ME!!!!!

Please pass this along to anyone you know, this needs to get out in the
open.

Recently Marines over in Iraq supporting this country in OIF wrote to
Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked =
their
coffee and try to score some free coffee grounds. Starbucks wrote back
telling the Marines thanks for their support in their business, but that
they don't support the War and anyone in it and that they won't send =
them
the Coffee.

So as not to offend them we should not support in buying any Starbucks
products. As a War vet and writing to you patriots I feel we should get =
this
out in the open. I know this War might not be very popular with some =
folks,
but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting
street to street and house to house for what they and I believe is =
right.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it =
and
I'll never know.

Thanks very much for your support to me, and I know you'll all be there
again here soon when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis,
Sgt. Howard C. Wright
1st Force Recon Co.
1st Plt PLT RTO

cfuh
10-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Sorry that Starbucks email is false...

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/starbucks-iraq.htm

Starbucks Refused to Send Donated Coffee to Marines In Iraq and Said the Company Does Not Support the War-Fiction!

Summary of the eRumor
An email from a Marine who says some Marines wrote to Starbucks to say how much they liked Starbucks coffee and to request some donated coffee for the Marines.

The eRumor says Starbucks responded by saying they don't support and war and will not send any coffee.
The writer urges a boycott of Starbucks.

The Truth
TruthOrFiction.com contacted Starbucks about the story.

Starbucks says that the originator of the email, Sgt. Howard Wright, and talked with him about his complaint. He has now sent a follow-up email to his email list, which appears below.

Starbucks assured him of their support of the military and that the only reason any coffee was not donated was because the official Starbucks donation policy authorizes such gifts to officially designated public charities, including libraries and schools, and that the U.S. military or military personnel do not qualify.

It was not meant to be a comment on the war or the service of military personnel in the war. The company said that there have been employees that have showed their support through donations of coffee. Starbucks told us that many of the company's employees (called "partners" by Starbucks) receive one pound of free coffee each week and some of that coffee has gone to members of the military or related organizations.

For example, the employees in the Starbucks in Atascadero, California, decided to send their weekly free coffee to troops in Afghanistan and there are other such stories about Starbucks coffee finding its way into the hands of military personnel.

Here is Sgt. Wright's follow-up email after Starbucks spoke with him:

Dear Readers,

Almost 5 months ago I sent an e-mail to you my faithful friends. I did a wrong thing that needs to be cleared up. I heard by word of mouth about how Starbucks said they didn't support the war and all. I was having enough of that kind of talk and didn't do my research properly like I should have. This is not true. Starbucks supports men and women in uniform. They have personally contacted me and I have been sent many copies of their company's policy on this issue. So I apologize for this quick and wrong letter that I sent out to you.

Now I ask that you all pass this email around to everyone you passed the last one to. Thank you very much for understanding about this.

Howard C. Wright
Sgt USMC
1st Force Rcon Co
1st Plt PLT RTO

Logan
10-14-2004, 11:25 AM
I don't do coffee, so Starbucks doesn't hold any interest for me, but my husband LOVES it!!!! :)

Tonya
10-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by cfuh
Sorry that Starbucks email is false...

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/starbucks-iraq.htm

Starbucks Refused to Send Donated Coffee to Marines In Iraq and Said the Company Does Not Support the War-Fiction!

Thanks! I kind of figured that Starbucks would not be that stupid!

sammy101
10-14-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
It's OK, but talk about pricey!! :eek:

i didnt realize that this thread would get so many replys!:eek:

My mom said that theyre going to be raising the prices by like 30 cents or something like that,and its already pricey:eek:

CountryWolf07
10-14-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

ROFL! :D Reminds me of me and Melissa in SLC.. haha. ;)

carole
10-14-2004, 07:24 PM
I have ventured into Starbucks, but I don't drink coffee, but there eats look yummy, maybe oneday!!!

Mkitty
10-16-2004, 10:40 PM
I LOVE STARBUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love getting a Chocolate Cream with whipped cream and i like chocolate sauce, but they don't put it on i'm fine! I also like Toffe almond bars! Were about to go to Starbucks right now! I like the atmospere in Starbucks as well. Later!

guineapiglover4life
11-17-2004, 07:50 PM
I LOVE STARBUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manda_moo87
11-17-2004, 07:53 PM
Mmmm... peppermint mochas.... and the BEST hot chocolate in the world!

Erg, now I'm craving Starbucks stuff! LOL too bad I can't drive or I'd go to the nearest one (20 mins way)! :p

petslover
11-17-2004, 07:56 PM
We have a Starbucks. Its brand new, but I don't like coffee so I don't think I would like it.

guineapiglover4life
11-17-2004, 08:39 PM
I like alot of frappacinos!

flamepony12
11-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Yum!! I LLOOVVEE starbucks! :D peppermint mocha frap 4 me! :D

mina'smomma
11-18-2004, 12:19 PM
Can't live without it.

heinz57_79
11-18-2004, 02:12 PM
As long as I"m working for the company... I LOVE STARBUCKS!! hehe ;)

Seriously tho, I think we're great. Peppermint WHITE mochas and Caramel Apple are my favourite drinks. :)

For those of you complaining about the bitterness of the coffee, we always have Mild on drip as well as the Bold. If you don't like strong, stay away from the Indonesian ones (Sumatra and Sulawesi). People who are a lot of times used to Folgers and Maxwell house think 'real' coffee is too strong. :) And I've never had stale or burnt coffee at SBux; our standards are way too high. :p

guineapiglover4life
11-18-2004, 09:23 PM
I also like vanilla fraps.