PDA

View Full Version : is she trying to tell me something?

ashleycat
08-27-2004, 03:41 PM
my kitty.. keeps peeing on the floor,.. i swear she does it on purpose.. right in front of us.. or me atleast.. she has a litter box in that room.. our computer room where we are most of the time.. she pees on floor. poos on carpet.. the thing is, i know she pees in her box too.. why the carpet?

Equus217
08-27-2004, 03:52 PM
I would first get her health checked out by a vet...if she isn't feeling well (maybe a urinary tract or bladder infection?) she could exhibit some of these behaviors.....

or if you have another animal in the house she doesn't get along with it can be a territorial thing too....good luck.

kimlovescats
08-27-2004, 06:27 PM
Definitely get your kitty a vet check asap! This behaviour could very well be caused by some sort of illness. ;) Good luck!

ashleycat
08-27-2004, 07:01 PM
if she was sick, dont you think she would do it all over? she uses the same room, and same well, along the wall.. she sniffs first before she does it, thats how i know shes getting ready to..i see her walk right past the box... i tone my voice and tell her no, go to box, and she slowly goes to the box, like shes in trouble or something. i dunno . she dont act in pain or if anything is wrong.. she has been to the vet after she started doin it, everything was fine. she has no problems with my bunnies.. the previous owner of this house did have cats.. maybe the smell isnt totally out.. what brands of cleaner do you recommend

kimlovescats
08-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Maybe try Nature's Miracle ... I've heard it works pretty good. Good luck.

MULTICATMOM
08-27-2004, 10:54 PM
A GOOD OLD FASHIONED "PISSING CONTEST"!! IF SHE'S HEALTHY? THEN I'D SAY SHE'S PEEING TO MARK HER TERRITORY, SHE SMELLS OTHER CATS?? OR SHE WANTS YOU TO LOOK AT HER NOT THE COMPUTER!! MAYBE SHE HAS 'CATATTIDE' ISSUES...

BOILING VINEGAR WILL TAKE SMELLS FROM THE AIR. YOUR HOUSE WILL SMELL LIKE A PICKLE THOUGH...(IT GOES AWAY!)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-28-2004, 06:30 AM
As the others have posted, I think you would need to rule out illness and other cat's scents as the possible causes! Good luck!

moosmom
08-28-2004, 09:54 AM
Great advice here. Peeing in places other than the litter box is a sign that she might have a Urinary Tract Infection. It's best to get her to a vet to rule it out first.

lizzielou742
08-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Maybe get that room cleaned (paint or shampoo carpets if you have to) and/or use some
Feliway (http://www.feliway.com/), if indeed it is a territory thing.

Maybe she doesn't like her litter or litterbox. Try changing those - that worked like a dream for Sophie. We got her a covered box and all her accidents stopped.

Can you ban your kitty from that particular room - is there a door you could keep shut all the time?

Does she ever go in the box, or is it always on the wall? What about going #2, does she go in the box for that?

Sounds like you've been patient with her, and I commend you for that. Cat messes are definitely not fun. Please keep us updated on what you try, what works and what doesn't, etc.

Good Luck!
:)

catmandu
08-29-2004, 11:32 AM
It might,be a dominance behavior,over the Other Cats,asSam,does this,the odd time,especially if he sees the Visitors,outside!