PDA

View Full Version : Blondie is a natural mother. :)

Fox-Gal
08-27-2004, 11:48 AM
From t he day I got the kittens from the H.S. Blondie seem to want to take care of them. I thought it was the orange color that made her think they where her's. Even though when I found her she had cali's kittens.

When ever I feed the kittens or did anything with them, if they meowed in any way Blondie would come running to see what's was going on. This morning, I saw her doing this to the little girl.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Fox-gal/DSCF0041.jpg

It's not the orange guys that she loves on, but the little dark girl, she now pays no mind to the orange guys, but the little girl she loves. :D She so sweet.

I'm going to miss her if and when she moves on to her new home. It looks like sometime next week Blondie might get a new home. Friends found a very sweet woman that really wants her. Blondie reminds her of her baby that passed a few years ago. I'm going to her home, Monday to check it out and from there we will see. I think Blondie has over come a lot of her stray ways and should make a wonderful house cat for this woman. She has also asked if she could take in Darell too, but I'm not 100% sure about him yet. He not really a good house cat or that loving. Darell is the true meaning of a tom cat. LOL And honestly, I know I took them in, in the hopes, that one day I find a good home for them, but I don't know if I'm ready to part with both of them. yet.

kimlovescats
08-27-2004, 11:50 AM
How absolutely precious! Thanks so much for the update and picture! Here's hoping that Blondie's new hope will be a keeper!!:)

catnapper
08-27-2004, 11:53 AM
That is sooo touching. The little kitten being loved and groomed by its big "sister" :D I know Blondie will find the purrfect home, and become the purrfect companion!

Laura's Babies
08-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Did she ever have kittens herself? I keep telling the guys at work, "Once a Mom, always a Mom"... I just adore it when one cat will adopt a kitten... I had a male cat years ago that I kept having to get kittens for. He LOVED playing "Daddy Cat" to kittens and would even let them "nurse(?)". Oddest thing I ever saw but he was one of those once in a lifetime kitties.

jazzcat
08-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Aww, that is so sweet. I hope things work out for Blondie!!

Fox-Gal
08-27-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
Did she ever have kittens herself? I keep telling the guys at work, "Once a Mom, always a Mom"... I just adore it when one cat will adopt a kitten... I had a male cat years ago that I kept having to get kittens for. He LOVED playing "Daddy Cat" to kittens and would even let them "nurse(?)". Oddest thing I ever saw but he was one of those once in a lifetime kitties.

Yes she had kittens. That's how I found her, she was a stray and had her kitten's in the heater vent of my house. So I guess you are right, once a mommy always a mommy. I just wish she could have nursed them too, saved me many of hours bottle feeding. lol

I hope things work out for Blondie!!
Thanks, so do I. This woman seem to be a real sweet heart and I belive she will give Blondie the best. I'm going to miss her though. :(

catcrazylady
08-28-2004, 06:50 AM
Great news for Blondie but not so good news for Fox-gal. This is exactly why I can't foster. It hurts way to much to give them up!

catmandu
08-28-2004, 09:05 AM
That is wonderful,that Blondie,is making such a Good Mother! In the Found Cat Hotel,it was Cat Angels The Misters Scrappy,and Fluffy,taht were the maternal ones,beleive,it or not!!!

Barbara
08-28-2004, 11:44 AM
Maybe if you show that lady the picture she will adopt a little sister for Blondie in some weeks:)

lizzielou742
08-28-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
This is exactly why I can't foster. It hurts way to much to give them up!

Me too!!! I couldn't do it.

Those pictures were so sweet. :)

Equus217
08-28-2004, 02:13 PM
I don't think I could foster either....actually I know I can't! After my RB Lola passed, I went and "fostered" two sick kitties at the shelter.

Anyone want to guess what became of them?:rolleyes: :D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/equus217/ade42629.jpg

The best way to look at this is you have possibly found them a wonderful home, and if so, can open your heart and home to new foster babies that need you!!!
:D