PDA

View Full Version : Pee problem...

cali
08-27-2004, 11:39 AM
umm ok, odd problem lol ok somebody is trying to make a statment, this is too planned to be an accident lol we think its Misty, because Blair and Perky have no access to the basment, happy will not go upstairs, and the pee is never near a vertical surface so chances are its not Ripley. that only leaves Misty. ok now what happens is that somebody has been peeing on the beds, it is ALWAYS right in the center of the bed, and its never just my bed or my moms bed its ALWAYS both at the same time. now while my mom can close her bedroom door I cant close mine because the house has shifted and now my door cant close enugh to keep the dogs out(they just push it open) we have a baby gate but that it at the dog of the stairs, Misty has no problems whatsoever getting past that thing and we need it up their to keep blair out of the basement. ok first any ideas on what the heck statment Misty is trying to make? lol their is no way she could always have accidents in the center of the beds, both in the basement and on the very top floor, always at the same time. and any ideas on how to stop this? we are running out of sheets faster then we can wash them!

LorraineO
08-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Well,, can you get a hook to keep your door from being opened? It could be easily screwed into the door and the frame without much damage if youre renting the house.... that would cure the problem,,, but it doesnt explain the problem?

Are there any obvious changes in your life? Are you away more then normal... is misty acting differently to anyone or the other pets? Is he depressed looking?

Glacier
08-27-2004, 01:13 PM
I'd start with a vet check to rule out a urinary tract infection. She may be trying to say "hey i'm sick".

Then get some Nature's Miracle and clean the spot completely. She'll keep peeing there as long as she can smell it. You probably have to clean the mattresses too.

cali
08-27-2004, 01:23 PM
lots of people have suggested UTI, but the only way she would ever be at the vet is if my mom was convinced. we are still recovering from Happys vet bills and we are VERY short on money right now. as for things that have changed... well one thing that occured to me is my grandpa was here for 3 weeks, and they only left fairly recently, Misty and my grandpa were really close..so I supose that is a possability... we have also been doing lots of renovations on the house, and carpet cleaning, the bathroom got a lot of work the curtains are now vertical blinds.. etc..

manda99
08-29-2004, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Glacier
I'd start with a vet check to rule out a urinary tract infection. She may be trying to say "hey i'm sick".

You know, the one and only time Smokey went potty in his crate I *knew* something had to be wrong, and yup, turned out to be a UT infection.
It was like I got home and he saw me and THEN did it in his crate to really let me know somethin ain't right. I have always found that facinating.