PDA

View Full Version : Going to try a video.. My 1st.

Laura's Babies
08-27-2004, 09:25 AM
You have all heard me talk about Amy being a special needs kitty and heard me worry about her "condition" and me thinking it keeps getting worse. I just wanted to show you what her handicap is....if this works. Pay attention to her back end and her balance..

(Keeping fingers crossed) It appears to work!

sirrahbed
08-27-2004, 09:33 AM
The video worked perfectly Laura! Now, I have not seen Amy *before* so I can't compare. I DO see her balance problem but she gets around very well and it doesn't seem to bother her. What a sweetie:D

catlover4ever
08-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Amy you sweet baby!!! You sure seem to do pretty well with your back end wanting to go in the other direction.;) What a sweetie-pie. She does wonderful with her handicap. I would think that when she is tired you can probally really see a difference in her walking.

jazzcat
08-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Amy is such a beauty! So is that at her normal or is she a bit worse still from the ride home? She seems to be handling it well.

Hugs to the little sweetheart!

kimlovescats
08-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Laura, Amy is precious!!! Bless her heart, she sure doesn't let it stop her ... maybe it slows her down a bit, but I don't see it as being uncomfortable to her. Thank you for showing her such love and care, and THANK YOU for the precious video! Now that we know you have audiovisual capabilities, WE WANT MORE!!!!:D

Love,
Kim;)

Killearn Kitties
08-27-2004, 11:37 AM
The video shows her condition very well. She is a lovely little thing. Do you think she is getting worse?

catnapper
08-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Thank you for the video! It seems as if she doesnt notice her wobblyness. What a sweetheart! How could you not love that "special needs" kitty?

I agree with Kim, we definately need MORE! :D

Laura's Babies
08-27-2004, 12:23 PM
That video I got during the winter months and like I have said before, COLD and STRESS makes her worse. This tho, is a NORMAL day for her. She does wear out and tire faster and prefers to do most of her playing laying down.. I hardly ever see her sit anymore... BUT, when she is in "WILD" play mode, she can run and jump exactly like a normal kitty! I do hear "thunp, thump" more these last several times she has been home, that thumping means her legs gave out and she has fell over. You noticed in the video that she stays close to table and chair legs (and other stuff a lot) to catch her from falling and she has done that since the first day I got her. She has never displayed any signs of ever being in pain, even when the vets work that back end to see if they can figure out what is wrong... But remember, them doing that makes her a lot worse for days!

I have to capture ON VIDEO, the way she looks at me that just MELTS my heart! She has this way of looking at me that can reduce me to tears at times, so sweet, innocent and pleading... (She also uses this look begging for treats and she KNOWS she will get them with "that" look).

She gave me the honor of letting me pick her up and love all over her and purred while I did it. Normally, she does not want to be held. She is ever bit as sweet as she looks and she knows I love her dearly.

BCBlondie
08-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Awww what a lovely kittie. :) The video shows her condition very well. She looks like such a sweetie! ^_^

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Oh Laura, I just knew she was such a little sweetie!! She is adorable and if this is a normal day, I don't think she's that bad at all. Like you say, as long as she's not in pain....

As long as she's in a loving mood, please give her smoochies from me. :D

PS - I am so thrilled that I could see the video!! I got my viewer fixed so I can now see videos, so brin 'em on!!! :D :D

catcrazylady
08-28-2004, 07:17 AM
Oh Laura what a little beauty Amy is!! You can definetly see her legs are wobbly but she goes right on. She is precious and I can see why you love her so very much.
As long as she's not in pain I wouldn't worry about her. We will all pray that she doesn't get any worse.

{{{{{HUGS}}}} to you sweet Amy girl!!! Magoo sends you kitty nose rubs too!:D :D :D

Great video Laura. Now you will have to give us MORE!!:D

smokey the elder
08-28-2004, 07:21 AM
What a sweety! Diva was like that when I first got her; her CH got worse with time but has leveled off. Be careful about high places, Amy!

QueenScoopalot
08-28-2004, 07:37 AM
Wow...the video is almost like watching Noel walk! The thing about ch is it's not supposed to get worse with time. Amy is a darling, and I can see how she has your heart wrapped tightly in her little paws. More videos please! :D

catmandu
08-28-2004, 08:54 AM
As I was getting,the video,the Library Cat Club,came over,and we all AWWWWED at Amy! More Videos,PLEASE!

trayi52
08-28-2004, 09:16 AM
What a sweetheart Amy is! Her handicap is noticeable but she doesn't act like she notices it herself. I think she really enjoyed being in the spotlight!

Thanks for the video, Laura, I guess you know this means MORE!!

Willie:)