PDA

View Full Version : The cutest thing a dog does is...

bizdevguy
08-27-2004, 04:45 AM
...when their top lip gets curled underneath the lower one...You guys know what I mean! Does anyone have a photo of their dog when this has happened?

Smilla
08-27-2004, 05:09 AM
No! I'm not even sure I understand what you mean. I hope someone posts a photo, because I would love to see this. :)

bizdevguy
08-27-2004, 05:28 AM
Sorry...it's super-cute...kinda makes them look goofy. Imagine taking the corner of your lower lip and pulling over your top lip a little bit...sometimes when a dog does it even a little tooth will show...it's kind like having an underbite. VERY cute.

Smilla
08-27-2004, 07:47 AM
Hmmm...DogLover9501 said that her dog Wiggles had an underbite, on the thread I started yesterday about doggie body parts. Maybe she'll have some pictures of Wiggles doing this! :)

LorraineO
08-27-2004, 09:02 AM
Well Lucy will get her upper lip stuck up under itself and show me her teeth after giving me her toys... its actually a sign of submission.... most ppl think she is being nasty,,, :D Its really quite cute to see....

does anyone elses dog do that?

I am trying to imagine how an upper lip can get curled around the lower..... that would be a funny pic!

Smilla
08-27-2004, 09:26 AM
I've heard of that, LorraineO. I've heard it's the dog's attempt to "smile" and is indeed a submissive gesture. I saw a picture of a Greyhound doing it; it does look quite threatening but the poor thing meant no harm!

micki76
08-27-2004, 09:31 AM
Chester's lip often gets stuck on his dry teeth after we've been playing a lot. Only one lip, so it looks like a sneer. :)

LorraineO - my Dad's dog Bob does that a lot.

LorraineO
08-27-2004, 09:42 AM
:D :D the first time I saw ANY dog do that,, was at my moms friends house,, I was sitting on the floor and thier huge greyhound came and sat in front of me,, eye to eye level and smiled,, I thought she was gonna bite me,,, Everyone was laughing at us..... I did too once they told me she wasnt gonna kill me,, she just wanted some of my goodies I had....