PDA

View Full Version : The sweetest thing

Karen
08-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Okay, folks, lets have a positive thread! Pick one moment in your day, week or life, that's just so sweet!

Miss Hoppy is so very cute at Raisin Time (11 p.m. every day) - I wish I could manage an extremely high-resolution camera that would fit in the scant quarter inch between her nose and mine when I'm slow getting those three raisins out of the box for her! You'd be amazed at just how many whiskers one little bunny can have, and how wiggly her nose and urgent her eyes are!

Too cute! Too sweet!

Your turn!

aly
08-26-2004, 11:21 PM
The sweetest thing for me right now is this little innocent face:

http://www.rescuedpaws.com/momo1.bmp

http://www.rescuedpaws.com/momo.bmp

He is my new foster as of this coming Saturday! With the help of Micki, we're getting him out of a kill shelter.

dogs_4_me
08-26-2004, 11:30 PM
hmmm theres so many lol ..... Moco and Emma are spoiled and wont drink water without ice cubes:rolleyes: :p Although its sweet, there a bit spoiled!!!:D

I kept my doll baby cradle for years lol. A keepsake that became moco's bed:rolleyes: he ONLY!! sleeps in a doll cradle lol. :D (guess he hasnt quite discovered the comfy bed:rolleyes: :D )

Whenever we come home Emma finds somthing to retrieve and give to us. lol usually one of my slippers and she just comes and drops in my hand, or one of her toys. Or even the newspaper:rolleyes: :D lol shes so sweet

micki76
08-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by aly
The sweetest thing for me right now is this little innocent face:

http://www.rescuedpaws.com/momo1.bmp

http://www.rescuedpaws.com/momo.bmp

He is my new foster as of this coming Saturday! With the help of Micki, we're getting him out of a kill shelter.

Momo!!! :D Isn't he adorable?!?!

jazzcat
08-27-2004, 12:07 AM
OMG Aly, that is the sweetest and cutest looking dog. Is the term 'foster' being used loosely? I think you are going to be wrapped by that little cutie!!!

Karen - just picturing Miss Hoppy at raisin time brought a smile to face. Thank you!:)

aly
08-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by jazzcat
OMG Aly, that is the sweetest and cutest looking dog. Is the term 'foster' being used loosely? I think you are going to be wrapped by that little cutie!!!

Hehe :D I am trying not to use it too loosely but I am such a sucker, who knows :)

CathyBogart
08-27-2004, 12:24 AM
Not *MY* animals, but this morning I took out a spray bottle full of water and gave the birds at work a cool shower....one of the amazons was SO EXCITED....I wish I had a video, he was jumping up and down with his wings out and his feathers fluffed, and within a few minutes he was DRENCHED. He was so excited, begging for more, and being super-playful, and it made me grin from ear to ear....such a sweetie!

jazzcat
08-27-2004, 12:27 AM
The sweetest thing for me is every night after I get into bed when Scout comes up from the foot of the bed and sits at my side, taps on my arm and waits for me to get on my back and hold my arm out. She will then lick my arm couple of times and then curl up into it against my side and I hold her while we sleep. I'm smiling while I type this.:)

NoahsMommy
08-27-2004, 01:22 AM
The sweetest thing is when I look at my little Phoebe and she flops over and starts kneading the air, no matter if I'm next to her or accross the room. :)

She's such a sweet little soul. :)

Aspen and Misty
08-27-2004, 01:31 AM
One moment that means so much to me is when I go in to feed or play with the bunnies.

I always get Julian out first. I rub his head, give him food and water and some treats. He just loves it and it takes me about 5 mins. This WHOLE time Jaxom is doing his happy dance in his cage. He shifts his weight from leg to leg and lifts them up and does circles! I just LOVE when he does this :D

Ash

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-27-2004, 03:53 AM
A few days ago Ally was fast asleep under my desk. Connor walked past and LICKED HER FOREHEAD - BETWEEN HER EYES!!! (Those of you who know how much Ally "loves" her brother will understand the significance).

Of course the next time I saw them they were at war again, but for one sweet moment I had the two loving kittens of my dreams!!!

shais_mom
08-27-2004, 06:16 AM
My sweetest time is whenever Kylie is curled up next to me somewhere and has to touch me, and Keegan is curled on the other side. Especially if Keegan has her had on me somewhere. That makes me so happy, I could stay there all day....

Cookiebaker
08-27-2004, 06:40 AM
Good Golly, Miss Molly! I am so glad to read this thread, and I have a grin on my face now. Thank you!!! :D

Aly, those pictures are so soo sooo precious! What an absolute doll!!!

The sweetest thing for me today is having Malone hop up on the bed and come lay down nose-to-nose with me. He then gave me a big kiss on the cheek. :p He doesn't often give out face kisses, and must've known that I was a bit down. :o :D

robinh
08-27-2004, 07:59 AM
Sweetest things:

Max - When he knows I don't feel well, he'll come lay next to me and take a nap. Makes me feel warm inside.

Carly - She's the only one we let run outside of the fence. Watching the sheer utter joy on her face as she runs full tilt leaping and bounding around the property. It makes her feel special and she shows it.

Molly - When she lays down at night and goes to sleep, she starts to we call it gsnorfle (kind of a snore), I smile every time as I'm going to sleep.

Kirby - When he gets to go anywhere with Mom by himself, his whole face lights up and he smiles. He's such a pain in the behind most of the time, that smile makes it all worthwhile.

Muffin - She has the most adorable face. When she's looking for love, she comes up, puts one paw on you and makes a little sound. The sound is remarkably like what little alligators make. It is so cute.

Having so many dogs sometimes I wonder if we should cut back, but then I think of each of them and I know they are in the right place. I can't imagine my life without them - I'm richer for having experienced all they have to give.

swimma253
08-27-2004, 08:26 AM
When Meeka is running down the stairs... she waits until I meet up with her then proceeds down the rest! :D

anna_66
08-27-2004, 08:31 AM
The sweetest thing to me is when my RB Keisha got older she would come up to you and want to cuddle. If you knew her, you'd know she wasn't a cuddler. And you could only quit when she was finished, not a second before. If you tried she would keep nuzzling you to give her more hugs and love:D Oh how I miss that girl.

Cataholic
08-27-2004, 08:44 AM
A really sweet thing....my neice's dog was beaten (he WILL be okay), and the next day she heard her doorbell ring...it was the next door neighbor's children with a get well card they had made for Nickel! How SWEET!!

Samantha Puppy
08-27-2004, 08:48 AM
My sweetest thing is when I first get out of bed in the morning and regardless of where Samantha is (floor, her bed, the sofa in our room, my bed), she will roll over on her back for me to come cuddle her and give her belly scratches. I'm often late because I can't bring myself to leave her. Forget my husband - it's my dog I don't want to leave!

lovemyshiba
08-27-2004, 08:49 AM
On days when my husband works early in the morning, I have 4 cuddlers who keep me company until I'm ready to get up--it may only be an extra 20 minutes, but I don't want to get up at all!!!!

Kito is already in bed, usually by my feet. As soon as the front door closes, Riley comes up and makes a spot for himself. Then Abbey shows up and gets as close as possilbe to my face, with a few kisses before she settles down. Last, but certainly not least, Jada comes up and works her way into the mix--I wish I had a camera those days!!!!!!!

Randi
08-27-2004, 09:06 AM
The sweetest thing is when I come back to the bedroom from the shower in the morning, and Fister jumps up onmy bed anxiously waiting for his cuddle session. We start with headbumpies, then tummy rubs and we love to lay on my duvet - my head resting gently on him. We then wake John up, and often Fister crawls under his duvet for a while. :) See, it's hard for John getting out of bed. ;) :D

lizzielou742
08-27-2004, 09:48 AM
When I come home, seeing two happy kitty faces waiting for me as soon as I open the door is my sweetest thing. I immediately put down everything I have, pick up Tito (he doesn't stop meowing at me until I do, LOL) and sit on the couch. Tito sits on my chest, kneads his paws into my hair (not my scalp, just my hair), purrs in my ear and gives me headbumpies. I give him scritchies and kisses. Sophie climbs into my lap, purring like a motorboat, and grooms herself. If I'm lucky, Sophie will let me give her some scritchies and sometimes she'll give me headbumpies on my hand, and then they'll both fall asleep in my lap while I watch TV and pet them.

Total heaven. :D

Great thread!

DJFyrewolf36
08-27-2004, 09:57 AM
The sweetest thing for me is waking up cuddled next to John and Remus jumping up on the bead for his morning headrubs. He softly meows and kneeds my chest and rubs his head on my hand. He is so cute! On the weekends (He must know when I have to work lol) he curls next to me and goes to sleep purring. I love that little kitty!

cloverfdx
08-27-2004, 10:03 AM
I was in bed sick all day yesterday, and Penny (JRT x) would not leave my side.

talia22
08-27-2004, 10:06 AM
The sweetest thing is when my jack russel/lab mix gets in my arms at night to spoon and as soon as she closes her eyes she starts SNORING SO LOUD..so cute!

also when my husband gets up early for work i will wake up to Talia (one of my huskys) sleeping facing me with her head on his pillow

micki76
08-27-2004, 10:28 AM
When I ask Chester for a goodbye kiss in the morning. He always comes running and hold his face up for a kiss. :) Or when I have a glass of something that he wants a drink of. He sits on my lap, facing the end table and looks at the glass. Then suddenly he yips quietly and throws his head against my chest, leaves it there for a millisecond and then looks at the glass as if to say, “Was that sweet enough to get me a drink?”. This goes on repeatedly until he gets a drink, or I put the glass in the kitchen.

Or when Millie does her 'low talk'. No way to describe it, you'd have to hear it, lol. And when she throws back for a tummy rub. :D

Karen
08-27-2004, 12:33 PM
When I come in a room and walk over to Miss Hoppy, and she "hunkers down" to be petted. She kind of flattens out and it's so cute because she knows I'm gonna pet her, and who could resist?

Maybe you hafta own a bunny to understand, but it's very gratifying. I know it's not just her, because I was once at a Petco on a Saturday, when they have lotsa of rescue groups there featuring adoptable animals. The house rabbit folks were there with a big grey bunny - probably twice Miss Hoppy's size. I reach inside his open cage and stroke his nose once, and he completely flattened out in pleasure. The woman said "I see you know the RIGHT way to pet a bunny," so I explaind I was trained my a small brown expert! ;)

Glacier
08-27-2004, 12:47 PM
My hubby is away right now, so extra critters on the bed last night...

This morning I woke up with Princess Ivy, my Russian blue kitty tucked in beside me, her little grey head on the pillow, purring away. Right behind her, Chum, husky mix dogger. His big head on my pillow, paw gentle wrapped around Ivy....awww!!

slick
08-27-2004, 01:08 PM
When my Mommy says "I love you"

RobiLee
08-27-2004, 01:14 PM
The sweetest thing for me today has been hearing my Katie girl woo woo woo at me this morning when I woke up. I love that sound. It is the best! Extra sweetness was seeing her so excited just to be going out to potty. She was so wiggly giggly...lol. She is only allowed out to do her business and then has to come back in. She misses the outdoors so much and is becoming very bored in her crate.

I love this thread, Karen. Great idea!

This isn't pet related but another sweet moment was just hanging out and chatting with hubby early this morning before he left for work. He has been working a lot of hours lately and we haven't spent much time together. So that was really nice!

Robin :)

davidpizzica
08-27-2004, 01:47 PM
My sweetest moment happened this afternoon. My physical therapist visited me today and as she was finishing up, Daisy(also known as miss shy around strangers) came right up to her and let herself be petted!!! I was shocked and so happy!

DJFyrewolf36
08-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
The sweetest thing for me today has been hearing my Katie girl woo woo woo at me this morning when I woke up. I love that sound. It is the best! Extra sweetness was seeing her so excited just to be going out to potty. She was so wiggly giggly...lol. She is only allowed out to do her business and then has to come back in. She misses the outdoors so much and is becoming very bored in her crate.

I love this thread, Karen. Great idea!

This isn't pet related but another sweet moment was just hanging out and chatting with hubby early this morning before he left for work. He has been working a lot of hours lately and we haven't spent much time together. So that was really nice!

Robin :)

Hehe Robin, I know how sweet just chatting with the hubby can be! We are both very busy with work and stuff and hardly ever just "hang out" by ourselves. Last night, we just sat in bed and talked for a good long while (just like when we were dating :o :D)

Another sweet thing, at least for me, is being able to see that smile on my hubbys face knowing that I make him happy :D. That always makes me all warm and fuzzy inside (Until I get pounced by the cat lol)

shais_mom
08-27-2004, 02:04 PM
Another thing that warms my heart is when Kylie and Keegan get very close to touch. If you check some of my recent threads you know I NEVER EVER EVER thought that would happen!!! :p

When I was getting my Roadrunner installed a few years ago the guy that came was a very nice man. He and his wife had 5 dogs. Kylie normally scrams when anyone comes in let alone a man and a strange one at that... I looked over and she was sitting there with her paws up on his leg and she was meowing up at him!!! He was very gently trying to pet her!!!
Last summer I stopped at my sisters and my little nephew was sick. He normally is not a cuddle bug at all and doesn't like hugs, or kisses. But he climbed up on my lap and said "TACI, I so sick, taci, I sick...... I don't feel good, taci, I so sick...." I said "I know sweetheart" and then he said "Taci, your'e not my momma!!!" I said "I know" and my sister said "No she is my sister, just like Jake is your brother." he said "No she isn't, she's MYYYYY sister"!!! I said "You might want to talk about that to Grandma!!"
:p Yes, a little attitude but it was sweet!!
And my other nephew, when Shaianne (RB greyhound) died, he told me that Shaianne was in heaven with Jesus b/c Jesus needed her up there." I thought that was so sweet coming from a little boy that doesn't even go to church much!! AND then he told me that he wanted to help me pick out my next puppy b/c he does a good job at that!!!
Lastly, any time I see my parents together, getting mushy. I give them a hard time about ;) (b/c its the daughterly thing to do!) - but at 60 years old and have been married for 38 1/2 years they still act like teenagers in love.....

Logan
08-27-2004, 02:25 PM
but at 60 years old and have been married for 38 1/2 years they still act like teenagers in love.....

Isn't that great? My parents are even older, Staci, but they act the same way!!!!!! :)

teenster3
08-27-2004, 05:48 PM
I LOVE it when Wicket & Waffles lay down by me on the back deck & lick my face & arms & cozy up by me like I'm the only one in the world on their minds at that particular moment!!!!:D

Karen
08-28-2004, 07:05 PM
:) You ARE the only one on their minds at that moment - that's one of the great things about pets, isn't it?

Oh, and non-pet sweetness is okay to post, too - obviously!

chocolatepuppy
08-28-2004, 07:13 PM
The sweetest thing to me is when my Mandy has to get one of her 'bunnies' in her mouth before she can properly greet you at the door! :)

Harmanie
08-28-2004, 07:18 PM
I'd have to say that the sweetest thing that happend to me today was when my boyfriend drove to my aunts house today and told me that I was a beautifull, heart warming young lady!

I don't get complements a lot at all. I don't even get a lot from my mums so its kinda odd to hear them. But when he told me this I cried cause it was so sweet. and sense then I've had the best day ever!!!!http://www.1-2-3-gaestebuch.de/smilies/085.gif

primabella
08-28-2004, 08:40 PM
The sweetest thing for me is to just look outside and see this..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/infiniterain00/Mickey/June%202004/ddf569a8.jpg

He means so much to me. I especially love it when he'll just give me kisses or want to be with me. And I get so proud and excited when he learns something new, it's crazy, hehe.

My birds are so sweet when they give out little chirps and kiss eachother. And I'll never forget when Rocket's leg hurt him so bad we thought we were going to loose him. We took him out of the cage, bandaged up his leg and wrapped him up in a blanket. He just made soft little sounds and it melted my heart.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/_stainedglass/Mickey%20II/f3650ea6.jpg

Harmanie
08-28-2004, 08:44 PM
That is such an adorible picture! Isn't that the sweetest though? your pups saying,"Don't ya love me mummum??"