PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear jewellery.....

carole
08-26-2004, 05:15 PM
I love all these threads asking people what are their favourite things etc, so I wondered how many of you are jewellery fans, if so what kind of jewellery do you wear?

I don't own a lot of expensive jewellery, but what I do have is Gold only, as I am allergic to all other metals, and I used to love to wear Sterling Silver, and now I just turn it black within hours of wearing it, so my daughter is getting all my bangles.

I have two nice gold necklaces, my wedding band and engagement ring, an old engagement ring, and a few pairs of earings, that is about it, my favourite is my new chandelier gold earings.

So tell me what are your favourite pieces of Jewellery to wear? do you wear it only to go out or all the time?

I wear my necklace all the time, only change it now and then and my rings most of the time, and earings when I go out.

MariaM
08-26-2004, 05:18 PM
Well, I usually always wear a necklace, I have many assorted ones. I wear earrings lots, right now I have reen dangly stars in =) My rings I wear all the time. I also wear a WWJD and a PUSH bracelet. I wear a watch all the time. Sometimes I will wear other bracelets and anklets.:)

Tonya
08-26-2004, 05:22 PM
I don't wear jewlery at all. I don't even wear a wedding ring. I don't even own a wedding ring. I never wanted one at first, but now that I've been married for a while, I do. If I am dressing up, I'll wear earrings and a necklace, but not on an every day basis.

popcornbird
08-26-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm not crazy about jewelry, but I do wear it on special occasions, or when we have company over, etc. I'm always wearing my earings though...always. I love earings, and just don't look like me without them. I have had pierced ears since I was a baby, so I'm not used to not having earings on. :p Other than that, I wear necklaces, bracelets, and bangles on occasion. I always wear my watch when I go out.......can't leave the house without it. I often wear a bracelet too.

All of my earings are gold because my ears are allergic to any other kind of metal. I can't wear anything else. Some of my necklaces, bracelets, and bangles are gold too, but I also have a good number of artificial jewelry, as well as pearl and silver jewelry, which I prefer to gold. My mom says I don't wear jewelry enough, but I don't see why I should unless there's a special occasion where I need to wear it. I love to wear jewelry every now and then, but not always.

CamCamPup33
08-26-2004, 05:23 PM
Yup!

I *ALWAYS!* am wearing jewelry. I wear one ring on my left hand, and one ring on my right. I also wear a necklace that say's "Amber" on it, and a braclet that say's my name too.

I have ton's of jewelry. Most of it i don't wear though, just because it may look too cluttered. :p

I also have two hole's in my ear, but i never wear my earring's, i think the hole's might now be closed. :o :p

lovemyshiba
08-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33

I have ton's of jewelry. Most of it i don't wear though, just because it may look too cluttered. :p

You should see the jewelry my mother in law wears--talk about clutter!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 5 rings on each hand, 5 bracelets on each arm, probably about 3 or 4 necklaces--ALL THE TIME!!!!! She looks like Mr. T:eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyway, I wear my engagement/wedding ring, a diamond and sapphire band, my antique diamond necklace, and earrings all the time. As soon as I get a new watch I will wear it all the time too---my old one broke:(

wolflady
08-26-2004, 05:49 PM
I love jewelry and feel naked without it! Of course, most of my jewelry is costume jewelry or sterling silver.
I do have some very nice pieces though, that I wear for special occasions. A very very dear friend of mine has given me the most beautiful gold jewelry from India (2 necklaces, some earrings and 2 bracelets). They're gorgeous! I'm always a little nervous when I wear them because they're so expensive, but so beautiful! Definitely special occasion only jewelry!

Normally, I wear either a simple Indian gold chain (also from my friend, but for daily wear), my silver Ohm pendant, or my silver triskel (celtic symbol of maiden, mother, crone). I have all kinds of earrings to wear. On occasion I will also wear bracelets, bangels (I wear these if I'm feeling ethnic with my salwar kameez, churidaars or saris), and ankle bracelets.

Jewelry is fun! :D I can never have too much! :p :o

Amber
08-26-2004, 05:51 PM
yeah

I wear either bracelets, or ankle bracelets. I usually wear my thumb ring, or anyother ones. Not huge on necklaces though.

Desert Arabian
08-26-2004, 06:14 PM
I have a bracelet made out of horse tail on my left wrist and I have a silver necklace with an Arabian head. I also have a watch that I wear once in a while, I am allergic to the metal in it- so I have to try and find a new watch.

I used to have my ears piereced but that did not work out, so I had to let the holes close up. :(

KYS
08-26-2004, 06:21 PM
I am not to big on jewelery because I am to lazy to
change it. :rolleyes:

During the daytime, I always wear a wrist watch, 2 rings (one has sentimental value) and earings.
(when I get home, off comes the jewelery accept for
the earings.)
On some occasions I will wear a bracelet and a neckless.

guster girl
08-26-2004, 06:49 PM
I am cool with all metals. But, I don't wear yellow, only silver colored. I don't have a lot of nice jewelry, but, my ex boyfriend bought me some nice things. One of those eco drive watches (it's a citizen) that doesn't use batteries. An 18k white gold ring with two rectangular sapphires from tiffany. a matching platinum bracelet and necklace, really simple though, i never take them off. and, small platinum hoop earrings. and, when my ex EX boyfriend (ha ha) and i went to amsterdam, he bought me a sterling silver ring that i wear on my thumb. :)

Samantha Puppy
08-26-2004, 06:53 PM
I love earrings and rings and necklaces. The nicest earrings I have are the diamond hoops that my husband (then fiance) got for me for Christmas '03. The nicest rings I have are my engagement and wedding rings.

My favorite stone is tanzanite. I used to prefer just yellow gold but lately I've been alot more drawn to white.

Pam
08-26-2004, 07:00 PM
I have some special pieces that I wear each day and never take off (except for when they get an occasional cleaning in jewelry cleaner). I have recently had some heirloom diamonds re-set and they are all three in a band which I wear next to my wedding band. On my right hand I wear a ruby/diamond ring and also a pinkie ring with a "P" on it. I also wear my cross necklace each day (which hubby gave me long ago) and it has a ruby in the center. I have 2 holes in each ear and try to change those earrings occasionally, most of which were given to me by hubby over the years. Long ago hubby realized that jewelry was the best gift. It is always appreciated and gold always fits! (or can easily be made to fit!) lol!

dogs_4_me
08-26-2004, 07:15 PM
i have a rope bracelet that i wear all the time, i ususally where other braclets, somtimes a anklet, but i almost always where my ramones ring and my whale or birthstone necklace

Kfamr
08-26-2004, 07:15 PM
No. I just make it.

molucass
08-26-2004, 08:02 PM
I wear my thumb ring everyday on my left hand, and i have my tongue pierced, so i wear a barbell in my tongue, but thats it.

heinz57_79
08-26-2004, 08:31 PM
The only jewellery I wear are very small gold hoops in my ears, incl. one in my cartilage, a thin gold band on my right ring finger, my star sapphire white gold ring on my left ring finger (from Bella), and my puka shell necklace.

neko1
08-26-2004, 08:32 PM
Yes I love wearing jewelry! The things I cannot live without are my engagement and wedding rings, my diamond earrings, my diamond necklace, my watch, and my tanzanite ring and amethyst ring:)

I also have other costume jewelry..necklaces and earings mostly, that I will wear on occasion.:)

Cookiebaker
08-26-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm not too big on jewelry, but I wear my engagement and wedding ring, and a cross necklace with a diamond center. Besides that, I have a silver bracelet, and a beaded necklace that I wear sometimes. But that's it.

micki76
08-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Not a big fan of jewelry. I wear my watch, wedding rings, and a plain gold band on my right hand. NO other jewelry. Ears used to be pierced, but I think they've closed.

wolfie
08-26-2004, 09:39 PM
I wear lots of 'cheap' jewelry (not metals or jewels). Hemp especially (I make it all). I usually wear a necklace and bracelets every day.

BitsyNaceyDog
08-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
I don't wear jewlery at all. I don't even wear a wedding ring. I don't even own a wedding ring. I never wanted one at first, but now that I've been married for a while, I do. If I am dressing up, I'll wear earrings and a necklace, but not on an every day basis.

I wear my wedding band but not my engagement ring, I only wear that for special ocassions. I have a cross necklace that I wear everyday. I have other things that I wear to church or other times that I dress up. I sometimes wear an ankle bracelet if I'm wearing shorts, capris or a skirt.

Felicia's Mom
08-26-2004, 09:40 PM
Everyday these are worn:

a birthstone ring (garnet and gold.)
my grandmother's engagement ring (diamond and gold).

a watch
a WWJD bracelet

my ears have been pierced, but I haven't worn earrings for a long time.

jenfer
08-26-2004, 11:36 PM
I love jewlery. But I guess I have more fun "owning" them than wearing them? I used to wear them a lot, but now I have to take all of them off when I am home and most of the time they just sit nicely in my jewlery box. I loooooooooove white metal: white gold, silver and platinum. Though I also have a buch of yellow metal. I usually just wear my white gold band and 2 earrings (1 on each side). It really depends on my mood. :)

Glacier
08-27-2004, 12:02 AM
Tons of it! My husband designed my wedding band. I have my grandmother's engagement ring on top of it. A sapphire my dad gave me on one pinky finger. A turquoise ring on my other hand and the engagment ring my hubby gave me-it's shaped almost like a bird cage, made of platinum with a diamond in the middle. It was custom made for his great-grandmother.

I am obssessed with watches and always have one one. I always have at least one necklace on and I wear a pendant with Hoodoo's ashes in it all the time.

I make alot of my own beaded stuff.

Kater
08-27-2004, 12:03 AM
I used to wear more jewelry but my house was robbed during my senior year of high school and they took every single piece I had! Of course most of it was just costume jewelry and stuff for fun. A few pieces were really special though...family pieces. :(

These days I generally only wear my Hawaiian Heirloom bracelet. My Dad bought it for me after (high school) graduation. They are very popular over here...some women wear many at a time like bangles. What makes it so fun is you get to custom design the jewelry....pick the scroll pattern (geometric patterns, flowers, etc.), how you want the edges, what font you want your name in, etc. You can get just one piece or a whole matching set! It is something I will always treasure. Here's the company's website if anyone is interested: http://www.ch1hawaii.com/rhhj/default.htm.

I don't wear a watch because they drive me crazy for some reason. I usually just use my cell phone to look at the time.

My ears aren't pierced so I don't wear earrings.

I used to love wearing rings but haven't seen any I liked (and could afford!) recently. I'd rather just have the ones that were stolen. :(

Glacier
08-27-2004, 01:08 AM
Oh, I forgot my thumb ring--its silver and has a husky on it. I also have pierced ears, but I usually forget to wear earrings.

BCBlondie
08-27-2004, 01:11 AM
I wear a watch on one wrist, a black with silver sorta spiked type bracelet thing on the other wrist, a choker, and an awesome necklace thing that has one of my guitar picks in it. :D

I have three piercings in each ear, so I wear earrings too! ;)

I also wear a mood ring on my right hand.

NoahsMommy
08-27-2004, 01:52 AM
This is where my true Princess Tendancies show...the only jewelry I wear is my diamond/platinum wedding ring.

I will only wear diamonds/platinum/saphires. I know...I'm a total brat, but I know what I like...and my skin reacts to all metals but platinum...oh darn!! ;)

I really would like another ring, but my tastes are not within our current budget, so I'll have to wait.

Oh, I do wear a silver toe ring. Its silver with inlaid flowers. :)

I forgot one!! I do wear a silver/diamond Hawaiian Slipper necklace my mombroght me back from Hawaii. :)

Aspen and Misty
08-27-2004, 01:57 AM
Not really, but I LOVE necklace's!!

Ashley :D

lynnestankard
08-27-2004, 04:39 AM
Great thread Carole - isn't it interesting to read everyones replies?

I wear my engagement, wedding and eternity rings all the time.
I have a very precious necklace that Don bought me - it's gold and has a Charles Rennie Mackintosh inspired small pendant. I always my watch -(last thing my Mum bought me before she died) - and ear rings. I was very late getting my ears pierced only did it last year - yes 2 weeks before my 57th Birthday!!! I totally love wearing ear rings now - already have about 8 beautiful pairs - but I can only wear gold - Snap Carole!

I have a couple of very precious 'dress' rings - one that Don bought me for my 21st and one that I had made - I've always wanted an Emerald ring (my birth stone) but never found an emerald that I liked. So I went out bought a GREEN sapphire and had it made into a ring - beautiful!

I've lots of older jewellery - you accumulate as years go by - most of it I'll never wear again - but can't get rid of it. Ahh memories!

Lynne

EssTer
08-27-2004, 08:53 AM
I dont have much of jewellery thought, but I love wearing necklaces - especially I love that one, which was made by KayAnn :) I dont by necklaces for expensive prices.. Thought when I'm wearing earrings usually they are silver, because my ears dont 'like' those you know cheap earrings... Thought I can wear them for short time...

trayi52
08-27-2004, 09:10 AM
I wear my earrings, wedding band, a ring on my forefinger and a watch. I have other rings, I just don't wear them, not even my engagement ring. I had my daughter put my rings in the safe deposit box and I noticed she is wearing them except for my engagement ring!

I don't know why, but I just can't wear a necklace. I just can't stand to have anything around my neck! I guess if it was long enough, I wouldn't mind wearing a necklace.

Great thead!

Willie:)

Harmanie
08-27-2004, 09:22 AM
I dont' own much but every time I get a nice pair of earings I loos them. I got my second holes in and i'm like "I'm not going to loose these" what do I do, I loos them. But as for bracelets and necklesses, I like to make my own. I got sick and tired of loosing all of my gold and silver! lol:o :p

It got quite expensive ya know? lol

lizzielou742
08-27-2004, 09:27 AM
Kater, that sucks about your house getting robbed! :(

I looove bracelets, necklaces, rings. I have a ton. I'll just say what I am wearing right now.

My Zoppini charm bracelet my mom gave me for college graduation. It's really cool - the "charms" are actually links in the bracelet, they don't dangle. You can check them out here. (http://www.zoppini.us/)

A cheap silver ring I got at H&M in NYC that I love! Best $3 I ever spent.

A peridot & silver ring I got from my best friend for my 21st birthday.

Two rings I found at Walgreen's yesterday for 99 cents. They're silver with green and red flowers on them - hard to explain, but neat.

Necklace - an amethyst on a silver snake chain my boyfriend bought me last Christmas.

:D

cloverfdx
08-27-2004, 10:00 AM
Nope. But i am always making necklaces and bracelets for people.

dappledoxie
08-27-2004, 10:45 AM
Let's see I usually wear my dachshund charm necklace, my celtic ring on my left hand, and my class ring on my right hand. Oh and I'm naked without my Fossil Blue watch. lol

Tina
08-27-2004, 11:54 AM
I don't really have much jewellery. I do try to wear earrings if I go out somewhere and sometimes a necklace.

I have a few nice pieces that my husband's grandma gave me before she passed away. But I rarely ever wear them.

Last year when I was pregnant we had to cut of my wedding band and engagement ring because my finger was swollen really big! We tried everything to get the swelling down so we wouldn't have to cut them off. We ended up having too anyways.:( :(

We plan on getting them fixed or I just want to get another wedding band.

I feel naked with out my wedding band!

Logan
08-27-2004, 12:24 PM
I have never been a big jewelry person, really, but I always had a few necklaces, a few pairs of earrings and my watch (which I always wore).

I still don't have a lot, but but I love what I do have. Sandra (our own tatsxxx11) bought matching bracelets for Helen and me when we went to visit her. That bracelet stays on my arm all of the time. It is silver with a gold bead (I should take a picture) and it "screws" together. It was made right there in Massachusetts to fit my arm. I also have a very nice watch that was purchased for me, years ago, by a friend. I wear it all the time. I have about 4 pairs of earrings that I wear, all of them the "dangly" type made by one earring designer, that I have purchased at the Mast General Store (www.mastgeneralstore.com). Wish I could remember her name! My engagement ring is a large, dark sapphire, with a diamond on either side, set in Platinum (Kelly, it would swallow your small finger, but I think you would like it). My wedding bands (one for each side) are small diamond bands. Yes, I am quite "gaudy" for a girl who didn't wear much jewelry before!!! Poor hubby says that his Harley motorcycle is on my left hand. And the other, most precious, piece of jewelry I have is a beautiful sapphire and diamond necklace that was given to me on my 40th birthday as a birthday/wedding gift from 5 of my most special Pet Talk friends. On my right hand, I almost always wear my College Ring....I worked hard for that one!!! :)

Tina, there are times when I just can't risk wearing my wedding bands and engagement ring, but I have become so accustomed to wearing them that I feel "naked" without them. Rather than ask for an additional plain band from poor motorcycleless hubby, I went to WalMart and bought a $9 silver band that I use when we are working in the yard, doing heavy housework, boating, etc. LOL!!!! You might decide to do the same thing until you can get what you want. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
08-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Hello, my name is Sara and I am a jewelry junkie....

I have my engagement ring...and like Logan I have a band on each side. One was my wedding ring...the other my first anniversary gift. I have a bunch of other rings but anymore just wear either a garnet or the sapphire ring my husband gave me. (Did I mention my husband is an enabler? He likes to buy jewelry.) He gave me a pearl necklace and earring set one year for Christmas and a sapphire set the next.

For our fifth anniversary (last year) he gave me a fabulous necklace.

I also have a collection of watches....mostly silly like one where the band is made of old watch faces put together.

I never go out without earrings...plain ones most the time. I wear yellow gold.

My latest thing is a charm bracelet. Last week my husband gave me a Chicago charm for it (sniff...)

**** we have friends in the jewelry business so he gets most everything wholesale....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-27-2004, 01:28 PM
Funny, Sara and I were just discussing this the last time we saw each other. :) I really don't wear much jewelry at all. On my right hand I wear my grandmother's engagement ring. My Aunt got it from my grandmother and she gave it to me knowing her daughter wouldn't appreciate it. I wear it everyday except on weekends.

I have 3 holes in my left ear and one in my right ear. In the top two holes in my left ear I wear diamond studs. The bottom hole and the hole in the right ear are for normal earrings which I normally always have in. usually the dangling type because the posts dig a hole in my head when I'm on the phone at work. :p And within the last few months I've started wearing a twisted necklace. It has one yellow gold strand and one white gold strand and they're twisted together. I like that because the engagement ring is white gold and the earrings I usually wear are yellow gold, so this sort of blends them together.

However, as soon as I get home, the dangling earrings, the necklace and the ring come off. On weekends I usually only wear earrings. I just do too much stuff outside and with dirty stuff (like cleaning Corvette wheels) and when I'm exercising, like riding my bike, I can't stand to have jewelry on. I hate it when I get sweaty and the jewelry sticks to me - ick! And my hands usually swell up and then the ring is tight and blah blah blah.

However if Terry was an enabler like Sara's hubby, I might be more inclined to wear more jewelry more often. ;) :D

Oh, and I usually don't wear a watch. I've got plenty of clocks around me (computer, on the wall, in the car, on the microwave, 3 of them in the bedroom....) that I figure I don't need one on my wrist. I have a really nice one that I just never wear anymore. I do have a "sport" watch that I wear when we're in the motorhome and I don't have as many clocks around.

sirrahbed
08-27-2004, 02:06 PM
I have and love some beautiful pieces of jewelry - but seldom wear anything but: plain gold wedding band, gold watch and plain gold studs in my ears! I don't know why because I really do love all sorts of jewelry! Maybe part of my "makeover" will include wearing my jewelry!!:D :D

CatMama78
08-27-2004, 02:33 PM
I've only recently started to like jewelry - mainly earrings. But even the costume pieces are so expensive. I just can't pay 15-25 dollars for earrings. Seems ridiculous! So I"ve been on a cheap earring hunt.

sirrahbed
08-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by CatMama78
I've only recently started to like jewelry - mainly earrings.
Angela - (or anyone) did you see the kitten fund earrings that K&L gave to Tubby & Peanut's mom last week? There is a lady in Arizona who makes them and is just starting to sell them - most are only $5!! They benefit a kitty rescue group. There are adorable!! Here is a website for Kitten Fund (http://members.cox.net/kittyfund/photo.htm) that shows some of the things she makes. She will also do anything custom made that you like - the prices are SO good:D

carole
08-27-2004, 08:47 PM
I have to admit I LOVE jewellery(NB: this is how we spell it in NZ) I just don't own a lot as I cannot afford it.

However I don't like the cluttered look and prefer fairly simple, dainty jewellery.

I enjoy buying my daughter little trinkets, she has this pink heart shaped hanging xmas decoration, which opens up and we always fill it with a piece of Jewellery every xmas.,she is buying her own stuff now, she just purchased this cute silver and gold Dolphin necklace.

It's been fun to read everyone's preferences, lets face it Jewellery is a very personal thing.

I forgot I also own a gold toe-ring its a twist with a fake diamond in it, I have longish toenails, and I like to adorn my feet with the ring, and nail polish now and then.

I hope to get my old engagement ring and eternity ring made into a necklace in the near future, that will be my most expensive piece of Jewellery, just have to come up with the cash to get it done.

Cincy'sMom
08-27-2004, 09:04 PM
I don't wear a lot of jewelry, esp during softball season. I wear both my engagement and wedding ring always, and my watch that Ralph got me as a wedding gift most of the time. If I wear a necklace, it is usually a heart and diamond pendant that Ralph got me as a Christmas present when we were dating. Occasionally, if we are going out I wear one of the necklace's my aunt made me (one is a dog made of dalmatian jasper, the other a dog madeof black onyx) or a necklace bracelet combo my mom made (I have one thatis blue and one that is black)

MariaM
08-27-2004, 10:36 PM
I suppose I recently came an earring junkie too! But its hard for me to find ones that I really like:o I don't want to spend 8$ on some that I only sort of like...that could buy a toy for Major lol. I need to get some new ones though:D

Cookiebaker
08-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Speaking of jewellry, my beloved cross broke today. :( The chain snapped out of the blue. But the cross is still good, so maybe I can find another chain for it?? Made me sad. :(