PDA

View Full Version : Today at the shelter

Laura's Babies
08-26-2004, 04:54 PM
We had a BIRTH!! Sweetiest pregnant Mama cat, very demanding of attention, non stop the whole time you are in there cleaning.. Today she was VERY gald to see me and started almost screaming at me so I watched her. I saw her squat and push and scream so I told the boss that I was sure she was getting ready to have them. I took a kennel and put it in her cage (I know they like privacy) but she would have nothing to do with the kennel. She demanded I be right there with her and keep petting her. She had 3 just one right after the other... took a break and started again and she had 4 by the time I left. One light gray tabby, one black, one orange and one lighter orange. I got pics of the first 3 for PT.. Here they are..BRAND NEW babies..

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p017a6634068351ad14b7f52bcf35c8ca/f7453bb5.jpg

This beauty was broght in because it's owner is getting married and the soon to be spouse is allergic to cats. She is fixed, declawed and up to date on everything and she is horrified that she is in a cage... SCARED TO DEATH! Her name is Cairo and she is a real BIG girl, would make Chester look like a baby!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p9bb7648f8e01be551daf48838dd1aade/f7453bc9.jpg

And NOW..... Sherry had asked if I could make some hammocks for the kitty cages instead of pallets for the cages. This was my trail one to see what changes I needed to make...IF any (and I need to make some) This kitty is one of those adorable, one in a million kitties. You pick him up and he head bumps you and licks your face, purring his heart out and goes from side to side of your face..

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p68c9c449c47954b4ee9c77ba5292385c/f7453bbe.jpg

He really liked it and stayed in it forever, trying all positions...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/pbb5ea6f709334ffda6679cef6aeaab1f/f7453bd5.jpg

Russian Blue
08-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Wow! I really like the hammocks what a great idea. And the picture of the mom cat who just gave birth is gorgeous! Love her stripes!

AmberLee
08-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Awwww! Those kittens are adorable.

And that hammock looks like it must be super comfortable.

Well done!

QueenScoopalot
08-26-2004, 05:04 PM
What a stunningly gorgeous mama cat! :eek: :eek: :eek: It never ceases to amaze me just how many gorgeous cats are dumped out unaltered to try and survive on their own. She looks like she's part bengal, and some other exotic breed. And so content looking and proud of her new kids. :D The hammocks are a great idea! The lil' guy trying them out is adorable too! :) :) :) It breaks my heart to see cats dropped off at shelters when lives change...geesh, my life revolves around the cats here! :rolleyes: Bet the marriage won't last. :rolleyes:

christa
08-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
We had a BIRTH!! Sweetiest pregnant Mama cat . . .

Wow, she looks like the sweetest momma cat!!! Looks young too.

This beauty was broght in because it's owner is getting married and the soon to be spouse is allergic to cats.

Goodness, this makes me want to cry!!! How stupid can people be??? There are plenty of solutions, rather than abandoning an animal that knows nothing else but a life with you . . . You're right, their marriage probably won't last. Sounds like he's demanded it, because I couldn't imagine . . . (i'm so mad now!)

And by the way, I LOVE the hammocks!!! They look VERY COMFY!

catcrazylady
08-26-2004, 07:29 PM
That momma kitty is so pretty and the babies are adorable! Cairo is a heart breaker. Poor baby:( I hope she finds a wonderful home and new parents that really love her. The way people treat animals makes me so mad!!! That woman will be miserable in her marriage and wish she had her cat back I bet!
I love the hammocks! What a great idea and you did a fantastic job on them.:D :D :D

kimlovescats
08-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Awwwww, wook at da babies!!!:eek: :D So precious, and mom is so pretty! Thank you for helping her stay comfortable through the beginning deliveries!!!;)

WOW! I love your hammock, great job!!!

Praying that all of these precious creatures find loving, permanent homes soon!;)

catmandu
08-27-2004, 08:55 AM
That was onderful,to share those Cat Momma picture,she is a Beautiful Cat,and the Kittens are so gorgeous! The Found Cats,hope that there are Furr Ever Homes,for them ALL!

catlover4ever
08-27-2004, 09:48 AM
OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Look at those darling babies. They are so tiny anc cute!!!

Poor Cairo, I hope she finds a home soon. I think I would have told my soon to be spouse to see an allergist!!!! and deal with it!!!!!

Laura your hammocks came out great. That was a great idea. I think we all know how much our babies love to be snuggled into things....now they can swing and snuggle at the same time. :)

sirrahbed
08-27-2004, 10:03 AM
That mama cat, Cairo, is just the prettiest thing! So sad to hear about her situation though - and how bewildered she must be to go from home to a shelter and right when she is to deliver her babies in a strange place:( I am glad that at least you were there to calm and comfort her Laura.
The hammocks look like a terrific idea! Gives them so much more space in the cage and also so comfy looking.

jazzcat
08-27-2004, 10:24 AM
That mama cat is gorgeous. She look's like Fox-Gal's kitten. Her little kittens are adorable too. I don't see how you do it Laura. I'm so glad there are people like you out there who can help these sweeties. I don't think I could handle it.

Love your hammock too, you are so creative!