PDA

View Full Version : Cat Resolutions for 2001

Pam
12-30-2000, 11:30 PM
Well the dogs have started making their resolutions for 2001 so I thought anything they can do us cats can do.

I think a resolution that my human would appreciate is when she is kind enough to open the basement door to let me go downstairs to my private lavatory I really should stop looking up at her like she has a screw loose. She seems to expect me to go down immediately but I like to look up at her for a couple of minutes to really decide what I want to do. I don't like to rush into anything. Sometimes she gives up and closes the door and I have to go through my flap. I prefer the open door, but I like to go down at my leisure. I guess she doesn't understand. Anyway, I'll try to be a little more responsive in 2001.
Yours truly, Trevor

lhg0962
12-31-2000, 12:52 PM
I'm typing for Mimi.....

"I am too old to have anything to change. I think I have finally got these big, rowdy dogs under control. They stand at attention now. I sleep wherever I want to, whenever I want to. My mom thinks I should change my ways and like other cats, maybe even let another one come to live with us. HA!!! I'm going to live a long life and she better give up on that idea. I will not be very nice if she decides to do that. My resolution is to keep everything just like it is. Hopefully my mother will respect that."

4 feline house
01-01-2001, 12:26 AM
Well, we don't have any resolutions, because, like all cats, we are perfect. But we wish the humans that we own would consider these resolutions:

Buy more tuna
Buy more catnip
Stop squirting us just because we like to stretch up against the couch when our claws just happen to be extended
Let us out to catch those birds that keep teasing us outside our window
Buy more tuna
Stop pushing that big loud sucking machine around the carpet
Stop reading the newspaper and let us use it for what it was obviously intended - a comfy snooze place
Buy more catnip
Lose weight so all four of us can fit in your lap at once
Stop making us get out of the basket of freshly dried laundry
Stop laughing at us as we gaze at you from the top of the refrigerator, or the top shelf of the pantry, or the shelf of the closet, or the middle of the tree you haul in every time about this year
Stop shooing us away from this thing with all the buttons on it that makes these letters
Buy more tuna
Buy more catnip

We could come up with more before tomorrow, just give us time. In the meantime if our people would adopt the above habits, our lives would be even more comfortable than they are now.

Peaches, Big Mac, Cookie and Pepper (Peaches, our mom, is the smartest so she typed this out for all us kitties)

luvdemabys
01-01-2001, 01:13 PM
2001 Abyssinian Resolutions

PEREGRIN TOOK, THE THANE (aka PIPPIN): if I had a fault, I guess it would be excessive modesty, so I will be more expressive of my self esteem.
EOWYN (aka WYNKIE): This year I WILL find a way to get these insensitive bipeds to leave every faucet running in a slight stream 24/7 so I may have a drink whenever I jolly well please!
LEGOLAS (aka L'IL GUY): Play, eat, nap, eat, snuggle, eat, play, eat.................

Phred
01-02-2001, 09:21 PM
Dad says I gotta agree to this, "or else".

"Or else" what? Sometimes I really wonder if that silly Twolegger understands who runs this house. He seems to forget that I'm here 24/7, no days off, no "outside" privilages like the stoopid Dog - I've got total responsibility for the whole house while Dear Ol' Dad and Cinder, the Dog, both trot off to what they call "work" every day.

Here's his list of "Kat's Resolutions"...

I will STOP calling attention to the need to change the litter box by doing a pee over the edge, onto the floor.
I won't un-spool fresh rolls of toidy paper.
I'll stop over reacting when Dog butt-sniffs me at 3 AM.
I won't push all the loose stuff off the dresser every night.
Tell my mouse buddys to go back outside 'fore Dad gets home.
No more than 2 mices allowed in house at same time.
Have said mice pee & poop in litter box, not beside my food bowl.
Stop rubbing on phone, which knocks it off-hook.
I'll not chew off Dog's whiskers.
Stop *screaming* when I get tired of wrasslin' with Cinder Dog.
Hold off dipping paw in Dad's ice cream bowl till he's mostly done with it.

Cripe sakes! What's he want - a new Kat? http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/eek.gif Cinder Dog said she also had to agree to mend her ways, so I'd better OK these res'loozshins if I want to keep eating and sleeping inside.

Since it's winter outside, OK - I agree. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif

/s Boots, the Kat

4 feline house
01-04-2001, 02:08 AM
Boots, you sound like a naughty little kitty! Your dad must really love you to put up with all your shenanigans! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

lhg0962
01-05-2001, 01:02 PM
Hi. This is Mimi. I told you earlier that I basically felt very in control of my household. Everyone jumps to attention when I say so. Now, there's this new guy hanging around and do you know what he had the nerve to do last night? He went to sleep on my mom's bed. The Nerve!!! My mom and sister, Helen, are giving me lots of treats and attention, so I'm trying to behave a little better. Still don't get why they like this thing called Butter. He doesn't look or taste anything like one of my favorite things to sneak..butter.

Pam
01-05-2001, 04:37 PM
If my people leave butter on the table (unguarded) it will definitely show an imprint of my tongue. Love that stuff! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif
Sincerely, Trevor

4 feline house
01-06-2001, 04:40 PM
So, Mimi, you actually tasted your new brother? Haha, just kidding, but I get a mental picture of your little pink tongue flicking out tentatively, expecting a treat, and getting instead a mouthful of interloper!