PDA

View Full Version : I hate not being able to drive

davidpizzica
08-26-2004, 05:39 AM
This may be a little pointless, but I hate not being able to drive! I don't have the mobility yet to get into a car, and a little tricky to drive with the bad leg. Also this is great timing because I JUST PAID THE CAR OFF!!

slick
08-26-2004, 06:54 AM
Need help? Call 1-800-SLICK :D
I'd feel the same way if I were in your shoes. I've always said that I would sacrifice anything to make sure I had a car to get around in. Don't worry David, it won't be long now. Things could be alot worse.

davidpizzica
08-26-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by slick
Need help? Call 1-800-SLICK :D
I'd feel the same way if I were in your shoes. I've always said that I would sacrifice anything to make sure I had a car to get around in. Don't worry David, it won't be long now. Things could be alot worse. Slick, is that a toll free number? Also, I was thrilled to go OUTSIDE yesterday for five minutes with the therapist!

Killearn Kitties
08-26-2004, 07:04 AM
It's a real bummer not being able to drive if you are used to just hopping in the car and going wherever you want. (Well, you could still "hop" to the car couldn't you? No, no - joking!) Look at it this way, your newly-paid-off car will last longer!

davidpizzica
08-26-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
It's a real bummer not being able to drive if you are used to just hopping in the car and going wherever you want. (Well, you could still "hop" to the car couldn't you? No, no - joking!) Look at it this way, your newly-paid-off car will last longer! KK, When I am able to drive again, that car is going to get a Thorough cleaning inside and out!

Tonya
08-26-2004, 07:44 AM
Congratulations on paying your car off! That is such a good feeling.

I remember when I had my shoulder surgury, my husband left for the weekend with the truck. When it came time for me to go somewhere, I hopped into the Honda, and then realized that I was unable to drive stick shift in my condition. I was soooo mad! You don't realize how much you need your car until you don't have it.

Felicia's Mom
08-26-2004, 08:08 AM
I have never been able to drive and I learned to live with it.

DJFyrewolf36
08-26-2004, 10:47 AM
When I busted up my right hand *Juuuust after I got a stick shift, great timing there* I figured out how to shift by pushing the thing with my wrist instead of using my hand. Took some getting used to! (And Im sure I looked like a complete moron too).

Hang in there David! Soon you will be ready to hit the open road!

and pssst, if you're in to cleaning cars, want to clean mine? ;) lol

davidpizzica
08-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
When I busted up my right hand *Juuuust after I got a stick shift, great timing there* I figured out how to shift by pushing the thing with my wrist instead of using my hand. Took some getting used to! (And Im sure I looked like a complete moron too).

Hang in there David! Soon you will be ready to hit the open road!

and pssst, if you're in to cleaning cars, want to clean mine? ;) lol DJF, how long ould it take t clean a Festiva? Need any parts? There's a Festiva in the junkyard near me!!

moosmom
08-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Davidp,

I'm glad you came through the surgery okay. It does suck not being able to drive, but think of all the gas money you'll be saving!!! You'll be able to take me out to dinner AND a movie!!! Just kidding.

Hang in there. Glad to hear you're home and okay. Will post again soon.

(((hugs)))

carole
08-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Donna me thinks David would love to take you out to a dinner and a movie, oops sorry its the matchmaker coming out in me again. lol.

I don't hold a licence myself David, but I have driven when I was young, well was learning, all legal and above board, can't see me ever getting it now, but my mother was 50 when she got hers, so one never knows, I too like Felicias Mom have learned to live without it, but its darn hard at times, I hate being dependant on others.

My niece was the first of the young ones to get her full licence, then she started having turns, and is now unable to drive, now that really HURTS, so yes David it could be worse, but I can understand your fustration, but be patient, won't be long now and you can take that drive and pick up Donna for a hot date lol.