PDA

View Full Version : kittens

KHATIJA
12-30-2000, 03:22 PM
Hi several months ago i had to put down my 18 year old cat due to ill health the whole family miss him dearly. We are looking for kittens but cant seem to get any at the moment i was wondering if anyone knew of any available. We live in the Birmingham region but are willing to travel.

carrie
12-30-2000, 07:34 PM
Look in the Yellow Pages and the Thompson directory for rescue kennels and animal charities. Phone around and you will make so many contacts with homeless kittens you will be amazed. Most UK shelters won't admit to, or release animals until a few days into the New Year to avoid the problem of pets being given as presents so don't take offence and try again in a week or so.
Again, at this time of year it is rare but try the local newsagents, supermarkets, pet shops and vets for notices of litters.
Good luck and let us know where and how and what sort of cat you end up with.
(It is really worth waiting a couple of weeks to phone the shelters!)

lhg0962
12-30-2000, 09:16 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. But 18 years is a wonderful life! My childhood cat, Tigger, lived to be 18. He died in his sleep.
I know if you look in the classified ads of your local paper, you should find hundreds of free kittens. It's a shame, but they will be there. Good luck and share your story with us when you find the right one. Hope you'll find one at a shelter or from a good home. Can't wait to hear about it.

Pam
12-30-2000, 10:57 PM
My daughter has been looking for a black kitten for a few weeks now but it seems that kittens are pretty scarce at this time of year. A friend of her in-laws let a stray into his porch a few weeks ago and promptly delivered two little babies. Mom and babies are black. How's that for something "magical" happening? They are now 2 weeks old and mom won't let anyone near them but hopefully soon they will be able to have a peek. Maybe you could spread the word by leaving your phone # with a local shelter, post a note on your vet's bulletin board or even on the bulletin board at your local supermarket. Maybe something "magical" will happen for you like it did for my daughter. Hope you won't have to wait too long to find a new little love.

[This message has been edited by Pam (edited December 30, 2000).]

4 feline house
12-31-2000, 04:32 AM
Cats typically breed in the spring, although there are a few rare exceptions. Just wait a month or two (or maybe a little longer if you are in a cold climate - I forget not everyone has eight months of "summer" like we do here) and there will be so many it will break your heart.