PDA

View Full Version : California in October

Tonya
08-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I have a big Halloween party every year. The Pet Talk family is invited. I do not have an exact date yet, but I thought I'd give a heads up for those that would need to make travel arangements. (If anyone even wants to come. :p ) There is plenty of space at my house if anyone needs to stay. It will be sometime at the end of October. I have not decided if I want to have it on the actual Halloween day yet. What do you think? Would it be to disruptive with the trick-or-treaters? Would people not show because it's on Halloween? Last year, I had it on the 18th of October.

I don't know if snapfish links work, but here's the album from last year's party.

http://www.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=9459530/t_=7904283

BCBlondie
08-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Oooo sounds like fun!!:D
What city do you live in? I'm in Berkeley (the East Bay)...
So far I don't have any plans for halloween...
Question: Would I be allowed to bring Megan? (my Pom)

I can't see your album with the pictures from last year :(

Tonya
08-28-2004, 09:30 AM
I live in Modesto. You can bring Megan if you'd like, but I will have my dogs put away. I don't trust that Sarah won't be snippy, and it's going to be at the new house, so I don't trust that Dusty and Roxy won't run away. (We mainly have it in the garage and driveway.) I let Jaden, my son invite all of his friends, and I'm never to sure that some misbehaving kid is going to feed my dogs something wierd or let them loose. Since I'm hostess, I can't really watch them the whole time.

BCBlondie
08-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Hmm.. well I'll see. It sounds like a lot of fun. I need to get my license first though! :)

CathyBogart
09-01-2004, 01:20 AM
Awww, I'll be working at the Haunted House in Hollister.

(I say *the* haunted house because it's the one with the five-acre corn maze that almost everyone has heard of but not many people have been to :) )

flamepony12
09-28-2004, 09:40 PM
:eek: :eek: ooooh! I'm so excited! I didnt think barely anyone else lived in CA! :D:D:D!!! :( how far away are you from LA..... :(

PJ's Mom
09-28-2004, 09:56 PM
Gee, I wonder how I can get to California by Halloween. :D

BCBlondie
09-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Tonya - You're actually only just an hour and a half away from me. If I pass my Driver's Test this Friday, I might be able to make it. What time is the party at? What day are you planning on having it? Are costumes required? Would I need to bring anything with me?

Tonya
10-02-2004, 01:06 AM
I am 4-8 hours from LA, depending on traffic. I always leave LA at 10 am or the middle of the night in order to make it to Modesto in 3-4 hours.

Didja pass your test? Do you really think your parents would let you drive this far right after passing your test?! Mine wouldn't have!

The party starts at 6:00, dinner served at 6:30. The magician is coming at 7:30. It is Saturday, October 30th.

You don't have to wear a costume, but I will give you hell if you don't. :D

Uabassoon
10-02-2004, 03:19 AM
I wish I could make it, but I'm poor and Halloween is my favorite holiday so I always have the night planned out way in advance! This year Alexa and I are going to dress up as Mario and Luigi :)

Tonya
10-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Hehe, that's going to be cute!

This year, I'm a pregnant nun and Mike's a priest. :p

I wish that you could make it too! Maybe next year.

BCBlondie
10-02-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
Didja pass your test? Do you really think your parents would let you drive this far right after passing your test?! Mine wouldn't have!

The party starts at 6:00, dinner served at 6:30. The magician is coming at 7:30. It is Saturday, October 30th.

YES!!!!!! I passed!!! :D
Like I said, I'm only an hour and a half away.. It's not that far. I drove for 5hrs straight from SoCal with no problem, and plus I'm 18 now, so I don't think my parents would really care. Hmm... but then again it's on a Saturday? I work on Saturdays now.. :( and I don't get home until 6:30 - 6:45... So I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it... :( Sorry!
But I still think there should be PT meeting in NorCal sometime really soon!!! :)

flamepony12
10-03-2004, 12:42 PM
:eek: whooaaa,,, 5 hours away... :(:(:( I probably wont be able to make it... WaHH!! :(

Tonya
10-12-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by BCBlondie
YES!!!!!! I passed!!! :D
Like I said, I'm only an hour and a half away.. It's not that far. I drove for 5hrs straight from SoCal with no problem, and plus I'm 18 now, so I don't think my parents would really care. Hmm... but then again it's on a Saturday? I work on Saturdays now.. :( and I don't get home until 6:30 - 6:45... So I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it... :( Sorry!
But I still think there should be PT meeting in NorCal sometime really soon!!! :)

Awww, that's to bad! Well, if you want me to PM you directions just in case, let me know.

I never frequent the Meetings section, so I keep forgetting to check this thread. Sorry for the delays!

pitc9
10-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Total Est. Time: 37 hours, 14 minutes Total Est. Distance: 2490.53 miles

.... uh.... guess I should leave pretty soon if I plan on coming huh!!:D

I love Halloween!! It's so fun!! I have my entire house inside and out decorated!! I wish I lived closer Tonya! It sounds like so much fun!!!

Tonya
10-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by pitc9
Total Est. Time: 37 hours, 14 minutes Total Est. Distance: 2490.53 miles

.... uh.... guess I should leave pretty soon if I plan on coming huh!!:D

I love Halloween!! It's so fun!! I have my entire house inside and out decorated!! I wish I lived closer Tonya! It sounds like so much fun!!!

Well, get on the road! You've got lots of driving to do! I love Halloween too! I have my inside decorated, but I wasn't able to do much outside this year. We're having a hot year, so I can't turn my lawn sprinklers off quite yet. Normally by now, it's cool enough to turn the sprinklers off the rest of October. The sprinklers would destroy my decor, so I just have a couple tombstones up, some bones and a pumpkin patch.

luckies4me
10-26-2004, 11:29 AM
I would LOVE to go! Would it be possible to bring Freckles along?

Tonya
10-26-2004, 01:51 PM
Cool! I pm'd you.