PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see the donkey in tv ad?

gini
08-25-2004, 07:07 PM
While watching the Olympics, the cutest commercial came on for Budweiser Beer.

It shows a little donkey who REALLY REALLY wants to be a Clydesdale.

He practices and practices, even puts on Clydesdale socks.

Then he is introduced to the Clydesdales in person and has a little talk with them..............

The final shot is just adorable - he is the lead in a team of Clydesdales.

He must have done something right.

Cinder & Smoke
08-25-2004, 07:17 PM
That IS a GREAT ad!! :D

I think it's been around for a while - I'm sure I saw it before
the Olympics bagan -

But no matter - I's a MUST SEE ad!! :cool:

(Somewhere there's an Ad Writer making a LOTTA trips to the bank!)

RICHARD
08-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by gini
It shows a little donkey who REALLY REALLY wants to be a Clydesdale.

For a second there I thought you were talking about the guy that says, "and I approved this ad........";)

Great commercial,!!

Should you ever get the chance to see Clydesdale in person....
They are monstrously HUGE....I saw them at the county fair...

They waltzed right by me.....I have this abnormal fear of horses- I want to run when I see a horse approach me....I was so stunned by their size that I panicked and could not move as the went by.

It was better than a roller coaster ride!!
:eek:

They premiered on Super Bowl Sunday.....for some reason I think there is one or two more

See it here!
http://www.ifilm.com/?sctn=collections&pg=superbowl2004&htv=12&htv=12

gini
08-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Oh, Richard, thank you - thank you!

Now I can see it again!

That will make Budweiser happy! Although I hardly noticed which beer they are advertising.

Corinna
08-25-2004, 07:53 PM
As some one who wants to raise Shires I love that ad. If you do get achance to see the Budweisers in person DO its a great experance. A freind knew the groom and so I got to help groom and walk one of the great boys . It was so terrific we go see them every time they come.

Tonya
08-25-2004, 08:37 PM
That sounds soooo adorable! I shut my dish off for the move, so I can't watch it. :(

tatsxxx11
08-25-2004, 08:41 PM
I love it and look for it every night Gini!!! Oh, what a BIG heart that little guy has:D

Karen
08-25-2004, 08:42 PM
I ahdn't seen the ad, it's very cute! I love the Budweiser Clydesdales, I got to see them once when I was a kid. They're just so huge and beautiful and magnificent and awe-inspiring.

Tonya, I'm sure it'll still be on iFilm for months to come! :)

Edwina's Secretary
08-25-2004, 08:46 PM
I saw it last night for the first time and thought it delightful! When all the Clydesdales interviewed the donkey.....Loved it!

BitsyNaceyDog
08-25-2004, 09:07 PM
I love that commercial, but I've only seen it once. I saw it durring the superbowl, but not since.

Cinder & Smoke
08-25-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Corinna

... If you do get a chance to see the Budweisers in person -
DO - its a great experience!

You can say THAT again!

W:cool:W!

The Budweisers and another Clyde Team/Hitch alternately appear
at our local Canfield Fair every few years...

BEST Thing is to watch when they exibit the Hitch out on a huge, open field -
Walk, Trot, Galop in Tight formations and towing their BIG Wagon =
W:cool:W!!!!
They get up to speed and start turning TIGHT Figure-8's -
and you think the lead pair are going to bump into
the Wagon!

And the Dal is ALWAYS Sittin Proud up front!! :D

Wonder when they're Comin to Town next?

AmberLee
08-26-2004, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the link, Phred, it was adorable. I hadn't seen it before.

gini
08-26-2004, 01:04 AM
Hee, Hee, just had to view it one more time before going to bed.

It is a keeper!

My cousin in UpperState NY had a Clydesdale once. He used it to pull a wagon in the local fairs and other events. He would give all of the kids rides.

lynnestankard
08-26-2004, 04:57 AM
Oh BIG thanks Gini and Richard :D :D

We haven't seen the ad. here - so of course having read Gini's description I so wanted to see it - - - - -and along comes Richard with THE actual clip!!! I've only played it about 6 times!! Isn't it just wonderful - I adore his 'clydesdale' socks and isn't he just so proud leading the team!!!

I've seen the fantastic HUGE horses as well - their just jaw-dropping!! There's a brewery over here that uses 'shires to pull their waggons too - magic!!
We regularly go to a Donkey Sanctuary about 30 miles away - these are rescued donkies and you walk in the fields with them and they just mill around feeding and getting patted - if it's winter they tend to be inside and they each have their own lovely warm blanket.
Right I'm away to watch the clip again!!

Lynne

Logan
08-26-2004, 07:53 AM
That is so cute!!!! :)

flamepony12
08-26-2004, 10:56 AM
I LOVE that commercial!!!! :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/flamepony12/JPEGs/0204ringbud2_big.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/flamepony12/JPEGs/bud_donkey.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-26-2004, 12:30 PM
I love that commercial! I saw it for the first time the other night and just loved it. While it was all going on I thought the poor donkey was going to be rejected, so I just laughed my head off at the last shot where he was lead horse. :D

I don't drink Budweiser if I can help it, but some of their commercials are just the best. I like this one, the donkey one, and the one with the baby clydesdale in the pasture watching the big guys go by and dreaming about being one of them. I also really like the one they made for September 11th where you can see the empty skyline across the harbor and there's another one for football where the clydesdales kick the football. They've really come up with some good ones.

I also like the Louie the lizard ones and could never figure out why they too those off? On the other hand, the Miller commercial are just so stupid. I think they need to review their advertising contract....:rolleyes:

RICHARD
08-26-2004, 01:36 PM
http://www.iamwill.com/movies/index.php?category_id=3&movie_id=7

Speaking of commericials......:D :D :D