PDA

View Full Version : Foster kittens coming!!!

catnapper
08-25-2004, 04:16 PM
They're coming!

Looks like I'll be getting THREE 4 week old bottle babies. I don't know when, but soon! I wonder if I'll get to name them! :D

I pulled the cage out of storage, and found that I lost the long metal rods that you use to hold the cage together... does anyone know what I could put the cage together without the rods? Can I wire it together

I'm scared and excited at the smae time... three babies! Wow... I have no idea what I'm doing but i sure am looking forward to learning!

PS: Just when I'm getting these babies... my camera gets sick again. :( I'll be sending it back to Nikon Friday.

QueenScoopalot
08-25-2004, 05:13 PM
YIPPEE!!! If the kittens are that tiny, a cat carrier is all they'll need for now provided it's long enough. As far as the rods go for the cage, I've been given cages where rods are missing, and any large hardware store sells long threaded pieces of rod the same thickness most likely. You have to bend them over to make the hooked end (if that's the type of cage) and they work just as well as the original parts! Can't wait to see pictures! :D :D ;)

kimlovescats
08-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Bread twisty ties!!! Great for everything!!!!

Congratulations! Those babies should be fairly easy for your first time... they will be able to nibble wet kibble before long. Also you can supplement their bottles with chicken baby food (jar)! :D

catnapper
08-25-2004, 05:24 PM
Pooo.... they just called to say that the babies I was supposed to get won't be able to come because the people who were taking care of the mama decided to try and take care of the babies too. They are not happy because htey know the babies will be wild before long, but their hands are tied.

So now I'm waiting to hear about another set of kittens.

kimlovescats
08-25-2004, 05:51 PM
Things will happen as they need to! Yours will come at the proper time!;)

jenluckenbach
08-25-2004, 06:15 PM
:(
But remember how hard it was to get my first fosters? Things always happen for a reason.
You can ask to take Rex and Roscoe (just e-mail and ask) I was going to take them but SHEESH!!! I have plenty and I know there are more waiting.
As far as the cage goes, if you cannot get it to stay together, ask for one, there are PLENTY!

leslie
08-25-2004, 10:22 PM
what do you mean, "the kittens will be wild in no time"?
Get the "owners" address and when the babies are age 6 weeks (assuming they are outdoors) go steal them! Have stolen plenty of babies and moms with jan from bad owners- just be careful not to get caught. If the shelter ( 2 or 3 weeks later when you say you have babies up for adoption and possibly a mother) asks where they came from, "someone dropped them on my doorstep" if they say it looks like the ones that came from... say back to them, "Yeah, I thought so too! Funny coincidence huh?"

catnapper
08-25-2004, 11:12 PM
Leslie, this is my very first fosters and I'm a bit intimidated at the prospect of these poor bottle babies- I might consider doing that once I'm a veteran foster mom, but now I'll have to leave the stealing to the more senior people in the rescue organization. I can see myself stalking ferals. :D

catcrazylady
08-26-2004, 06:14 AM
How could you possibly get fosters without a camera!??;) We would go crazy!!

I'm sure you will get the perfect babies for you. Don't be nervous about bottle babies. You would be fine and I think you would not only do a wonderful job with them but I really think you would love it!

Tonya
08-26-2004, 08:06 AM
Shucks! I got all excited when I saw this thread. Well, when the time comes, and the right foster kitty(s) come, I'll be very excited!

catmandu
08-26-2004, 08:35 AM
Concatulations,on the New Little arrival,and Bless You,for helping the Helpless! And Ace Hardwarw,should carry those Rods!

K & L
08-26-2004, 08:36 AM
How wonderful and exciting!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Congratulations on your new status as foster mom! Now all we need is some kitties for you to foster. ;) Like Jen, they might not appear right away, but things always work out for the best and I'm sure you'll have some real soon. Get that camera fixed pronto so when you do get them you can take pics. Like CCL says, how in the world can you foster without a camera? ;) :D

christa
08-26-2004, 04:01 PM
You'll have to at least get a disposable camera until your camera is repaired!!! You don't want to miss your first moments with your first fosters!!!

They'll probably come when you least expect it.