PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody!!

moosmom
08-25-2004, 02:02 PM
I have had problems getting into PT and like a jerk, decided to uninstall Juno and reintall it, figuring that would fix the whole problem. Well it didn't. All it did was unable me to have internet altogether!!!!

I just want to thank Karen for what help she gave me. I will be on sporadically until I get another install disk from Juno and am up and running. It could take another week to 10 days. In the meantime, I'll go to the library in my spare time (what little I DO have now that I'm working crazy hours) and check in with all of you. I can't tell you what PT withdrawal does to a person. I'm sure you all know.

I've been working at the Mazda plant through Kelly Services. Basically I just drive new cars off the assembly line and park them. It's a fun, non-boring job with alot of great people. After 800 hours, I can apply for full time. It'll include benefits and my hourly rate will go from $8./hr to $11.54/hr. The only downside to that is my hours are nuts. I work from 4:30 pm to 3:00 am until after Labor Day. Then the hours change to 7 pm to 5:30 am. It's guaranteed overtime too. I can use all the help I can get.

I miss you guys!! I'll be back probably on Saturday to check in. Love you all!!! :(

slick
08-25-2004, 02:08 PM
YIPPPEEEE!!! Donna's back!!!!!

Glad to hear you've been working, but what crummy hours. Oh well, if it pays the bills, what the heck. Soooo good to see you back.

dukedogsmom
08-25-2004, 02:09 PM
Hey, glad to hear from you! I think the job sounds cool, despite the hours. Even though I'm on day shift, I'm really a night person. Maybe you can get a good discount on a new car? Good luck with your computer. I know how frustrating it can be.

Cinder & Smoke
08-25-2004, 02:35 PM
WELCOME BACK!! ;)

Happie New Job, too! :)

Hey -
You gonna be able to *squeeze in* the Findlay *Bash*
on September 5th??? (Labor Day Weekend ~ Sunday)

They put enough *gas* in those new buggies - that you could
drive one down to Findlay?
Jest tell em ya made a wrong turn commin outta the plant! :p

Logan
08-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Donna, I'm so glad you checked in! The job doesn't sound that bad to me, even if you're having to adjust for the new hours. I'm glad you found something that works for you !!! :)

Randi
08-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Donna, it's nice to hear from you - and nice that you got a job. :) It doesn't sound bad at all, except the hours. You'll get used to it! ;)

Hope your computer will be running smoothly after the new install! Chin up!

Dogz
08-25-2004, 03:25 PM
Welcome back, Donna!

I am glad that you got a new job. It sounds like a lot of fun. Like Randi said, you will get used to the hours!

I hope you can come back for *good* now! :)

RICHARD
08-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Basically I just drive new cars off the assembly line and park them. It's a fun, non-boring job with alot of great people. After 800 hours, I can apply for full time.

800 hours?

How many miles is that??

----------------------------------------------------

Things to do to make your job exciting.

Move the seat all the way forward for the next guy.

Turn the volume on the radio all the way up for the next guy.

Tune in the worst radio station.

Leave pet hair on the upholstery.

Practice second gear peel outs.

Leave notes in the ashtray.

Take a car to lunch and drive backwards to work off the
excess miles.

Break in the 'makeup' mirrors.

Have some stickers printed up with "This car was first driven by Donna" and place them on the dashboard.

Practice your "burma shave" on the horn every fifth car.

Drive around the parking lot aimlessly looking for a parking spot.

Take a part off of every car until you have enough to make one for yourself....

The DOWNSIDE to your job??

Every car you get into will not have that New Car smell you are used to.

;)

Miss Meow
08-25-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
800 hours?

How many miles is that??

----------------------------------------------------

Things to do to make your job exciting.

Move the seat all the way forward for the next guy.

Turn the volume on the radio all the way up for the next guy.

Tune in the worst radio station.

Leave pet hair on the upholstery.

Practice second gear peel outs.

Leave notes in the ashtray.

Take a car to lunch and drive backwards to work off the
excess miles.

Break in the 'makeup' mirrors.

Have some stickers printed up with "This car was first driven by Donna" and place them on the dashboard.

Practice your "burma shave" on the horn every fifth car.

Drive around the parking lot aimlessly looking for a parking spot.

Take a part off of every car until you have enough to make one for yourself....

The DOWNSIDE to your job??

Every car you get into will not have that New Car smell you are used to.

;)

Ba ha ha! ;) I love the idea of taking one part off every car. Hmmm RX-8, here we come!

Glad you are back. I'm sure crazy working hours are much better than not enough hours so I hope things settle a bit soon (and you have time for the Findlay bash!)

Lillycat
08-25-2004, 05:46 PM
sounds like a fun job.....money sounds good too......glad you are nearly "back" and soon will be "all back"........miss meow your response was a hoot.....i loved it!

shais_mom
08-25-2004, 11:47 PM
Take care Donna!
we miss you too!

lynnestankard
08-26-2004, 05:16 AM
Hi Donna - missed you. Glad the job is going well even if the hours are C%£$! Keeping fingers crossed for you. Hope the 'puter is soon up and runnning properly - knowing your at the library spoils the mental pic., of you being surrounded by your fur crew!!!

Lynne

davidpizzica
08-26-2004, 05:16 AM
Donna, oh brother did I miss you!!! I'm glad that you are adjusting to your new job and the crazy hours. I'm slowly on the mend, but I have lots of physical therapy to endure! My two brothers are nearby if I need anything. I "zip" around the house withth aid of a walker(yuck), The upside is that I'm on PT alot!

ramanth
08-27-2004, 10:40 AM
Hi Donna! :D *waves*