PDA

View Full Version : flabby skin from spay

ashleycat
08-25-2004, 12:04 PM
how many of your cats have that flabby skin hanging from tummy from spay? and how many people keep telling you your cat is fat, when its only the flab of skin? my cat is 8lbs, thats normal right? not fat.!!!!!!!!!! i get mad .. well not really, but it frustrates me and makes me think im a bad mommy when they tell me shes fat,, when shes not..

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-25-2004, 12:22 PM
WOW - this is like Deja Vu!!!

One of my FIRST posts to this brilliant place called Pet Talk was about my cats flabby belly!

The thread I started is here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22844&highlight=belly+skinny) and halfway down the page is a link to another thread with more "kitties worst belly secrets":D

By the way, welcome to Pet Talk!

ashleycat
08-25-2004, 12:28 PM
my kitty is a grey & black stripped tabby.. i think shes part bermese, she has a small face, not smashed, just small, her face looks like a kitten, but her body looks like an adult, shes really spoiled too, im worried about when my baby arrives that she might get jelous. she had no problems with my bunnies, but this one is diff. its human, lol.. she hates closed doors...

Laura's Babies
08-25-2004, 02:49 PM
ashleycat, my big guy Chester has the biggest flopping flab I have ever seen on a cat.. It don't bother him so it don't bother me. He is 15 to 20 pounds though, but he is l-o-n-g and TALL and I knew he was going to be a big boy when I got him because his feet and ears were so big.

slick
08-25-2004, 03:18 PM
:D :D My 17 yr old Speckles has the flabbiest skin ever and when she runs (which isn't too often these days) it flaps back and forth. It's soooo funny to see.

RedHedd
08-25-2004, 04:18 PM
Aww! I love my Mishi's flubby. It's funny, Mitzi is/was the overweight one, but now that she's sleeked down to a mere 10.5 lbs., she's still round, but no flubby at all - it's solid Mitzi!

catnapper
08-25-2004, 04:24 PM
My Allen has the belly flab, and his also flaps back and forth when he runs! :D He's always running these days to chase or be chased by Pouncer.

catmandu
08-26-2004, 08:49 AM
The onlyones,who dont have that flabby belly,male or female,are Rocca,the Oriental Shorthair,and Precious,and Diane,the Flame Point Siamese!The Others,al have that belly,as does The Feeder!