PDA

View Full Version : Dave Matthews Band SUED!

CountryWolf07
08-25-2004, 11:53 AM
The state of Illinois has sued the Dave Matthews Band for allegedly dumping up to 800 pounds of liquid human waste from a bus into the Chicago River.

The foul liquid doused a tour boat filled with passengers.

The lawsuit accuses the band and one of its bus drivers of violating state water pollution and public nuisance laws. And it seeks 70-thousand-dollars in civil penalties.

A band spokesman says its bus driver denies involvement in the incident.

But according to the lawsuit, the driver allegedly emptied the contents of the septic tank through the metal grating of a downtown bridge into the river below.

More than 100 people on an architecture tour were showered with foul-smelling waste. Everyone received refunds, and the boat was cleaned with disinfectant.

BCBlondie
08-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Ewww :p

Aspen and Misty
08-25-2004, 12:07 PM
OMG

DISGUISTING :mad: :mad:

Ash

kingrattus
08-25-2004, 12:09 PM
GROSS!!!!
Those poor people!!
They should be sued more then 70K, each person should sue for that amount!! I sure as hell would have.

Something like that happened back home in Smiths Falls/Ontario/Canada.

A personal american boat (one that can house a family, so its huge) dumped their sewage into the canal (which runs through my town). They were parked at the park & let it all go. Little did they know but the water is covered in cameras & no one in our town looks away from that. They were kicked out of Canada & banned from our waters :)

YAY CANADA!!! :D :D :D

Saddly the doo doo floadted my my fishing area so ya, ewwwwwwwww. catching doo doo is not what I had in mind of fun.. I don't eat fish, I do catch & release ONLY.

ewwwwww doo doo :eek: :eek:

sammy101
08-25-2004, 03:33 PM
i heard that on the radio this morning!! and i couldnt help my self from laughing...:o i like Dave Matthews Band,but you shouldnt dump in in the river!!

im glad i wasnt on of those passengers!!!:eek:

CatMama78
08-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Ok - ew and lol. I shouldn't laugh, but the DMB is not exactly the most stable of people, so I'm not surprised. Dave Matthews the person is a little messed up - too many drugs.

Logan
08-25-2004, 03:39 PM
The poor anchor woman trying to report this today on our early morning NBC news (local station) could not stop laughing as she was trying to report it. I felt horrible for her! I have never seen an anchor person giggle before, but now I have.

I was appalled!!!! :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Living in Chicago, we of course heard this news way back when it happened, we just didn't know who did the dumping. To me, it's not the band's fault at all, but the driver. I'm not really sure of details, but on the radio this morning they said something like "as they were over the river the driver flipped a switch and dumped....." Whoever it is that "flipped the switch" is the one that should be fined, but of course, the DMB is ultimately responsible since it was their bus.

My question is, why in the world is it as easy as flipping a switch to dump, and how in the world do we get that on our motorhome? ;) Dumping is quite the process with hooking up hoses and connecting to the drain and pulling this lever then that lever, etc. It would be sooo nice if we could just pull over a grate, flip a switch, wait a minute or two, flip the switch back and drive off. Of course I don't see that happening anytime soon. :p

But really, I'm glad they caught them - I think I heard that one of the people on the boat got the license plate from the bus as it drove over. Evidently that person wasn't hit. :p I'm also glad they are fining them because people cannot get away with this sort of thing. If one gets away with it others are going to try it too and there are just way too many bus/motorhome/campers out there for people to be dumping this stuff just anywhere they please.

And I couldn't agree more - EEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!

Edwina's Secretary
08-25-2004, 05:51 PM
Even more eww.... Barbara, her husband Siegmar, my husband and I all went on that tour in June........would I have been angry!!!

kimlovescats
08-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Thoroughly disgusting ... and we wonder why disease is running rampant in our society!!!!:mad:

RICHARD
08-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Thoroughly disgusting ... and we wonder why disease is running rampant in our society!!!!:mad:

That and Dave Mathhews music!;)

Just kidding.......

I wonder how many DMB fans were on that river cruise???
What a souveneir!!

T&P.......

A word of warning. THIS actually happened to my brother and me at a dumping station.....

The fitting at this station was cracked so you had to set the hose into the opening and put your foot on it to keep it from whipping around.....Tank one goes nicely and the switch on tank 2 gets stuck.....we both look at the valve and WHAM the force of the 'flotsam and jetsam' flicks the hose free of the opening and
there is a rush of water that goes over my sandals........

Now my feet smell!

Keep a package of disposable gloves, baby wipes, a bottle of alcohol and a pair of cheap plastic eye protectors/glasses in the bin near the valves/outlets...and some bleach, too!!!

----------------------------------------------

There is no way that this moron pushed a button....he was just too lazy to have taken care of the tank sooner...

BTW,
800 lbs is close to 100 gallons!!!:eek:

Tonya
08-25-2004, 06:41 PM
If I was one of the people on the boat, I would want more then money, I'd want blood! That is so disgusting and horrible!