PDA

View Full Version : Dear Life with the furry kind, vol 1. The late night intruder

DJFyrewolf36
08-25-2004, 09:55 AM
Twas 3 am and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, the rats had even decided to be quiet.
I was snoring away, all tucked in my bed
and then....

Crash, thud, mmmmerrrooow!

I nearly jumped out of my skin at such a fright! I sit up to see what was the matter and to see if anything on my desk had suffered a Cat Casualty.

Nothing is broken...good. Now...why is there a cat tap dancing on my desk?

Then I hear buzz buzz buzz

:confused:

The cat does not buzz!

John grabs a flashlight, saying astutely "Remus dosn't buzz...what the H**l is buzzing?"

Swipe swipe swipe....crash goes the kitty

"I'm trying to find that out, dear. Forgive my brain for being slow it isn't used to these hours!"

Suddenly the flashlight beam focusus on our nightime invader...a big big BIG monster of a yellow jacket!

And Remus is being the mighty hunter.

The battle ensues. The yelow jacket manuvers quickly but Remus has some great skills too. Buzz buzz swipe swipe! The yellow jacket looks like it might get away...then...

SQUISH! With a mighty leap and a yowl Remus catches his prey...and eats it! Oh NO! Visions of making an emergancy vet trip played in my mind. You dumb cat!

Luckily, he suffered no ill effects. He sat on the end of the bed smiling as if saying "While you wusses were petrified in fear, I got rid of the big icky bug for you!"

Good boy, Remus, good boy...next time sharpen your hunting skills later in the day!

~end

catmandu
08-25-2004, 10:34 AM
And,of couse,this has to happen,as The Found Cats do,in the middle,of the night,just when,you are getting,to sleep! Thats when The Found Cats.rember,how,much FUN,thier Toys are!

catlover4ever
08-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Bugs can never invade during the daylight hours. They are out to get us...that's why they only come out at night.

Remus you did a wonderful job...but please be careful when it comes to bees...they do sting and that does not feel so good when they do.

catnapper
08-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Remus to the rescue! You now can sleep soundly at night knowing that you have such a dilligent bug crusader on your side! :D

kimlovescats
08-25-2004, 11:16 AM
tee hee hee!!! Thanks for my morning giggle! :D Good boy, Remus!

AmberLee
08-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Remus, the mighty hunter! Wow, what a cat.

BCBlondie
08-25-2004, 11:56 AM
Aww, what a great kitty! Job well done, Remus! :D

Barbara
08-25-2004, 12:41 PM
:D :D :D

Love that story! Remus is a hero:D

DJFyrewolf36
08-25-2004, 01:51 PM
Remus sends his thanks! Now he will spend the day lounging, recaping his acomplishment for all his kitty friends!

I know now I never will have to worry about invaders of the insect variety ever again. I'm glad my exterminator accepts payments in kitty treats and toys :D

Laura's Babies
08-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Wonderful story! Glad he was there to save you for the icky bug while you slept!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Remus to the rescue! :D :D