PDA

View Full Version : I am finally back!

Meow101
07-23-2001, 05:41 PM
Hello everyone,
I am back, finally! I am Boogie's owner, Mary, and we just moved to Louisiana, but before then, I completely forgot about pet talk! :eek: I have been VERY busy! I am glad to be back, and hopefully I can post everyday, if I can remember. :D LOL.
Purrs,
~Mary

4 feline house
07-23-2001, 09:38 PM
Mary! You're back! I've been wondering about you! I knew you had posted several months ago that you would be moving this summer, and I was afraid that somehow the computer didn't come along (like maybe you had been using a friend's or relative's). I'm glad to see your handle on the boards again. Welcome back!

Meow101
07-23-2001, 09:50 PM
Yep, I'm back. :) Thanks for the welcome. :)
Purrs,
~Mary

aly
07-23-2001, 10:41 PM
Welcome back Mary!!!

Meow101
07-24-2001, 10:02 AM
Thank you Aly! :)
~Mary

Logan
07-24-2001, 10:37 AM
Hi, Mary. Hope everything went ok with your move. It is nice to have you back! :p

Meow101
07-24-2001, 11:59 AM
Hi Logan,
Thanks. :)
In our old home in Alabama, we had the nicest house in the neighborhood, and now, I think we have the worst. :( I really don't like the house, and the people had hidden the flaws with rugs.. when we saw the house without rugs, we discovered stains in the carpet, cracks in the tiles, and even the grout was coming out around one tile! We are trying to fix up this house as nice as our old one. Hopefully we can. But we do have a huge yard, and it's really nice. The yard is actually big enough to have a swimming pool, and still have lots of room to play in. And it's fenced in too! :)
I am also kind of upset because I am away from my sisters and Aunt and Uncle and Grandparents, but at least Boogie is with me, and that makes me feel better!
We also are having trouble with one computer. But we are going to get tech support on it.
Another thing is Boogie was "lost" for almost 2 days, my Mom had made him sleep outside, and I was sooooooooo worried he had tried to go back to Alabama, but finally he appeared. :) I was so glad! But then, my Mom made him sleep outside again and he disappeared for about a day, then came back. She finally let him sleep inside last night, but he knocked over a lamp and used the bathroom on a rug in the kitchen, so he's out again. He's smart, he can find his way back here very easily.
Okay, I'll stop my "complaining" now. ;)
~Mary

Logan
07-24-2001, 01:26 PM
Mary,
I'm back again. I appreciate your opening up to us about your move. It has to be hard, being 9 years old, moving away from old friends, family and a home you loved. But you know what, you'll be fine, and so will Boogie. When you get back into school, make new friends and learn your way around your new neighborhood and town, I'll bet you'll feel much better. And isn't it wonderful to have the internet and email to keep in touch with your buddies?

I also want to congratulate you on being one of the most well spoken, articulate, and mature 9 year olds I have ever come across!
We're so glad you're back! :D

Logan

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

4 feline house
07-24-2001, 01:30 PM
Mary, Boog is probably peeing on the rugs becuase he is upset about the move. Throwing him outside will just upset him more, and delay his ability to become used to his new surroundings. The best thing to do for him is put him in a confined area by himself with his food, a bed, and a litter box for a day or two while he gets used to the smells. After a day or two let him out supervised, but when everyone leaves or goes to bed, put him back in his "room". Do this for a day or two. Visit him often so he doesn't feel like he's been abandoned. Then make sure he knows exactly where his litter box will be once he's free, and that should solve the problem. This would have worked better after you first have moved, but it may not be too late now.

I know you'll have to somehow convince your mom of this, but maybe if she also reads the posts she'll be willing to give ol' Boog a second chance.

Meow101
07-24-2001, 01:36 PM
Hi Logan,
It is hard, especially because I only have 2 friends in Alabama, and my sisters have lived in the same town as I have all my life, so I am more attached to them. I am already a little better because I have met some kids here, and I can email, call, or write to my family in Alabama. Actually, I am homeschooled, but that's good because I'll get to get together with other homeschooled kids and go to movies, etc. And yes, I love having email!!
Thank you for your compliments! I wouldn't know lots of stuff I know now without my Mom. She teaches me. :)
~Mary

Meow101
07-24-2001, 01:40 PM
Hi Leah,
Boogie doesn't have a litter box. My Mom won't let him have one. The reason why is because she hates the smell and says that Boogie is used to being outside. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I don't know what to do.
~Mary

4 feline house
07-24-2001, 03:43 PM
Mary,

That's too bad. I wish I knew some other solutions, but I am at a loss. Even when I allowed my cats to go outside unsupervised, they still had a box to use when they were inside. Maybe someone else has a solution. Or maybe a cat door if your mom is willing?

Meow101
07-24-2001, 03:59 PM
Hmmm.. a cat door might work, but the way my Mom is, she might be afraid he'd catch a chipmunk and bring it inside!!!! :D LOL :D I'll ask her, though.
~Mary

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: Meow101 ]

Logan
07-24-2001, 10:20 PM
Hey, Mary, maybe you could offer to keep the litterbox in your bedroom. Do you know that my 10 year old daughter has one in her room? And my cats both go outside, but prefer to spend most of their time indoors. Helen takes responsibility for keeping the box clean. My cats rarely use it, but it is nice that they each have a place they can "go" if necessary. One is in my bathroom, and the other in Helen's room. Maybe if you offered to keep it clean (and that's not hard with a "pooper scooper", your mom would give in. Maybe you should share some of our responses with her.

I think Leah is right, and I know you agree, that Boogie would be much better off inside most of the time, if not all of the time. My cats go outdoors because that's what they like, but I am lucky and they hang out pretty close to our house all the time.

Good luck...maybe you and Boogie can prove to your mom that it would be much better with a litter box inside. I'll bet he would rarely even use it. But it is nice to know he would have a place to go besides the carpet or floor! You know how it is...when you gotta go, you gotta go! :eek:

Hope it all works out, Mary.

Logan, Butter, and Mimi

Freckles
07-25-2001, 08:44 AM
Mary, if you choose to edit your PetTalk profile to LA, USA, I'll change it in the next edition of Names/Pets List coming out soon!

Meow101
07-25-2001, 09:31 AM
How do you edit your profile?

Freckles
07-25-2001, 11:53 AM
At the very top of this screen, toward the right, are the words "my profile", "register", "search", etc. Click on "my profile" and follow the instructions. There is a lot more information than there was the first time you signed up.

thelmalu99
07-25-2001, 12:50 PM
Hi Mary,
I really hope everything works out with Boogie! Hopefully your mom will let you put a litterbox in your room and let Boogie spend more time indoors. :)
I just wanted to say that I know what you're going through with your move. When I was 15, my parents decided to move back to Brazil, and I had to go with them, of course! I was very sad for a long time and I missed my friends here in NY so much. It does take a little time, but you will eventually get used to your new home, make new friends and start feeling happy again. Take your time, don't rush yourself and things will fall into place, I'm sure of it!
Oh, and don't feel as if you are "complaining" when you share your feelings with us. That's what we're here for! :D :D :D :D

Meow101
07-25-2001, 01:02 PM
Thank you, Thelma!! :)
Leah, I asked my Mom last night about a catdoor, and she said "Humph" (not in a mean way, she just meant it as, yeah right) and she asked my Dad, and he said that we don't really need a catdoor. :rolleyes: He doesn't know. My parents aren't really "cat people", they just got Boogs after our dog, Sweeney was stolen. They both like Boogs and everything, but they like dogs more than cats. Anyway, I'll try to convince them that it's the best thing to do, but I probably won't have much luck. But I am suprised that my Mom didn't say right off "Boogie doesn't need a catdoor! I don't want a cat in my house!" :p
~Mary

4 feline house
07-25-2001, 01:09 PM
Poor Boog. I can't imagine how anyone could not be a cat person! :confused: :D I'll keep my fingers crossed for y'all!

Meow101
07-25-2001, 01:26 PM
I know Leah!! :D