PDA

View Full Version : Jeez.. another trip to the vets

binka_nugget
08-24-2004, 05:12 PM
The dogs had a fight. Kai bit Kaedyn so off to the vets we go. It doesn't seem to be too bad. It's not bleeding much. But it is pretty deep so we'll see what the vet will do. Please keep Kae in your thoughts. I'll give the full story and uppie-date when we get back.

Kater
08-24-2004, 05:14 PM
Oh no! :( I will be praying for Kaedyn!

chocolatepuppy
08-24-2004, 05:27 PM
Oh no! What the heck's going on with your two? Hope everythings ok!

KYS
08-24-2004, 05:39 PM
Good thoughts being sent your way that Kaedyn
will be just fine.

Don't forget to get her lump checked on her neck too. :)

ComedyDevil
08-24-2004, 05:45 PM
:eek: Poor Kaedyn! I'm sure he'll be fine, good thoughts being sent your way :)

Kai - be nice to your brother! I know brothers can be a pain in the butt sometimes but you dont want to worry your Mom do you?

Hope everything's ok, waiting for an update. :)

binka_nugget
08-24-2004, 06:34 PM
Well, we're back! I think the fight was at the fault of this stupid hooman. I gave Kai a treat (Chicken!) for doing a trick and Kaedyn got jealous. He gave a grunt. Kai usually avoids fighting by running away when Kaedyn gets grumpy but this time he didn't. They normally break up when I shake a can of coins but they were really determined this time. I grabbed the closest object (their dog bed :o) and used it to pry them apart. Kaedyn was pinned down with Kai on his neck. I could hear Kaedyn crying while it went on. Kai escaped with nothing but Kaedyn actually had three bites. Two are on his left side, one on the right. The one on the right isn't bad but the ones on the left are pretty deep.

The vet had to shave the two areas to see how bad it was. He gave him a shot with anti-biotics, another shot to freeze the area and stitched up one bite (the deepest one). The other ones were left alone so they can drain. We're going back on friday to check up and then on the 3rd to take the stitches out.

I asked about the lump; he didn't seem too concerned.

Both dogs are going back to some hard-core NILIF. They were fine for about 6 months but started going at it again this past month. *sigh*.. the joys of owning two males.

Here's a picture with the two bite marks circled.. you can't really see it though.
http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/kae.jpg

sammy101
08-24-2004, 06:37 PM
ohh im sorry! at least they didnt get badly hurt. both my RB dogs used to fight alot,and not just play,but like they would really get into it,and my dalmation bit a hole through my Rb beagles EAR!!:eek: which wasnt very good but it healed pretty quick...

dogs_4_me
08-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Oh no! I'm gladd Kaedyn is ok though!

chocolatepuppy
08-24-2004, 08:20 PM
Glad she's gonna be okay. I'm sure they gave you a scare!

Corinna
08-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Glad all are ok including their mom. I haven't had 2 nutered males fight but 2 spay females , I will never have 2 girls togeather a gain.

anna_66
08-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Oh your poor boy! I'm glad to hear all is well now.

BCBlondie
08-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Poor Kaedyn!!!:( I hope he gets better soon.

Kai, be nice to your brother! :mad: No more hurting him!

CountryWolf07
08-26-2004, 12:23 AM
Wow!

Glad he's OK!

Jods
08-26-2004, 01:06 PM
You know after you said that..the joys of having two male dogs i thought back and I've never had two male dogs... we've had poodles, and mix's and little dogs and big dogs never two males.. wierd... sorry kaedyn hope your feeling better