PDA

View Full Version : Wagger, Waver, Whipper, or Wigglebutt?

wolf_Q
08-24-2004, 05:01 PM
There seems to be kind of a bad mood around PT lately, so here's a really stupid thread to lighten things up. ;)

When your dog is really happy, are they a Wagger, Waver, Whipper, or Wigglebutt?

Wagger: A medium speed back and forth motion, any tail works
Waver: A fairly slow and gentle motion, most commonly a fluffy tail
Whipper: A rapid motion which usually results in smacking, or whipping nearby human legs, most commonly a long tail
Wigglebutt: A motion involving not just the tail, but the whole backside, most commonly those lacking in tail length

Nebo is a waver. His tail gently moves back and forth, you can hardly feel it if his tail hits you when he's waving it.
Reggie is a wagger. Even though he just has a little stub, he wags it when he's happy.
Sydney is a wigglebutt. She gets her little stub moving but her whole back end wiggles too!

Kater
08-24-2004, 05:04 PM
My Jack was definitely a Whipper!!! If you weren't paying attention he could smack your shins pretty hard! *Ouch*

Great thread topic, Amy! :)

Kfamr
08-24-2004, 05:08 PM
I think Nala falls under more of a "thumper"
She slowly wags her tail, and thumps it on whatever is closest. She's often thumped it so hard that Simba thought someone was knocking at the door and started barking.

Simba is a waver.

Kiara is a wiggler.

Kater
08-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I think Nala falls under more of a "thumper"
She slowly wags her tail, and thumps it on whatever is closest. She's often thumped it so hard that Simba thought someone was knocking at the door and started barking.
ROFLMAO! I think Nala needs a new nickname...Thundaaaaaaaa!

sammy101
08-24-2004, 05:11 PM
kodie is a Wigglebutt!! lol you should see him when we come home from somewhere...:)

wolflady
08-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Ha ha! Funny thread! Priya tends to be a wigglebutt, maybe because she's little??!! LOL When she's really happy her whole backside gets into it.

If she's sleepy and hears her name, her tail will thump a little bit, so that could be a thumper, and she sometimes wavers if she's not as excited as she is when she wigglebutts! :p

micki76
08-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Millie's a waver, but instead of back and forth, her tail goes front to back since it's curled over her back. :p She's such a weirdo. :rolleyes:

Chester is most definitely a wigglebutt!

Jeez, Kayann! You made me LOL. :eek: :D That would be Millie and Chester if Ches had a tail. :rolleyes:

K9soul
08-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Cute thread Amy! :D

I'd say Tasha is a whipper, she has a long tail, reaches past her hocks.

Tommy is a wagger, though if he's REALLY excited (like when Daddy first gets home) he can be a wigglebutt too :D

jazzcat
08-24-2004, 05:51 PM
Disney is pretty much a wigglebutt.

ComedyDevil
08-24-2004, 05:52 PM
Cool thread

Squid is a Wagger, he'd probably be a Whipper but he doesn't have much of a tail :rolleyes:

Toby is a Whipper, he smacked my sister in the face with his tail the other day and she had a bruise from it! Whoops! :eek:

Ollie's not just a Wigglebutt, he's a WiggleBODY. His tail is too big for the rest of him. :p

primabella
08-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Mickey is a wagger, waver and wigglebutt. :p It all depends on his mood. He'll wave if he's happy, wag or sway it when he's playing and when he's really excited, his whole body wiggles.

When he's really happy, he'll just wave his tail so much it's almost as if he's going to take off flying. :p

dogs_4_me
08-24-2004, 06:03 PM
Emma is a major Whipper lol Moco is a wigglebut--because of his short curled around tail lol

Amber
08-24-2004, 06:11 PM
My 2 are definatly waggers. :p

CountryWolf07
08-24-2004, 06:14 PM
Rosie's a Wigglebutt... Anna's a Waver.. :D

KYS
08-24-2004, 06:16 PM
I picked wigglebut, but depending on
how excited they are it could be a wagger too. :)

dappledoxie
08-24-2004, 07:11 PM
hehehe Great post!

Rebel and Claire are mostly waggers, Rebel will become a whipper alot of times when he's really happy. hehe I don't see how he doesn't kill his tail smacking it on things.

Niki is a major wigglebutt! Her whole body wags, lol! I love it!

ParNone
08-24-2004, 07:24 PM
When Murph is really excited, his tail goes in a circle, while he bounces and spins at the same time. Not sure any of those categories really does it justice. Label his the Twizzle. :)

Oz has kind of a swishy motion. Almost cat like, so I'd probably put that in Waver.

Gully is somewhat of a Whacker right now. As he grows and his tail gets longer and thicker, he may become a swisher like Oz though.

Great topic!:)

Par...

Samantha Puppy
08-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Samantha begins by wagging and sometimes that's all it is, but sometimes she can't or won't settle down and then it turns into a full-butt event - wigglebutting.

dukedogsmom
08-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Duke's a wagger, as you can tell by his avatar :D

robinh
08-24-2004, 07:42 PM
Good question - made me smile when I think of mine. I have to two waggers (Carly and Max), one waver (Kirby) and two wigglebutts (Molly and Muffin).

You'd think the two dachshunds would be the same (Max and Muffin), but they have totally different personalities too. Muffin's little behind just shimmies when she gets happy - her tail wags her butt. It's so cute.
:D

anna_66
08-24-2004, 07:47 PM
The name of this thread made me laughhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/mutley-ani1.gif

Angus is of course a wigglebutt and the girls are waggers:D

Holly's mom
08-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Holly is a big time wigglebutt! :D

guster girl
08-24-2004, 07:55 PM
Finn is a wigglebutt for sure, his front feet almost come off the ground. But, he also will clear a coffee table with his tail and just about bruise you if his tail hits your legs, so, he's kindof a whipper, too! :) He's confused. But, then, I think he's still trying to figure out if he's a fish (I can't keep him out of water, he was 2/3rds of the way off the boat yesterday going 45 mph; he had to pee apparently, and, ended up doing it on me and the seat!), a bird (he sounds like a bird when he barks this one particular bark, like when i was in the water and he couldn't be with me), a rabbit (he literally hops over other dogs and hops straight up from a stand still position). Whatever he is, though, he's all labrador. ha ha, he swam forever yesterday and spent his whole day trying to retrieve everyone out of the water.

DogLover9501
08-24-2004, 08:13 PM
Jasper is definatly a Wigglebutt, my grandpa always says "he doesn't have a tail so he wags his body" :p

lovemyshiba
08-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Abbey is a wagger
Riley is a whipper
Jada is a wigglebutt
Kito is a snob

:D

aly
08-24-2004, 11:01 PM
I got a wagger and a wigglebutt!

Corinna
08-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Merlin having only a stub is a wigglebutt. (voted him) Lady is a waver, but she can clear off the table (being newfy)

cloverfdx
08-28-2004, 08:48 AM
How did i miss this :D.

Clover will have to join Murph in the "Twizzle", her tail goes around in circles and she bounces it is very cute LOL.

Elvis is a wigglebutt definatly, he will wag his whole rear end when realy happy and excited.

Penny and Theo are both waggers :D.

senorita02
08-28-2004, 09:15 AM
Face is definitly a wiggle butt and Senorita is a whipper, her tail is dangerous, to anyone who comes near her when shes excited,

RubyMutt
08-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Ruby is most definitely a Wigglebutt :D And occasionally a Whipper as well :)

Cincy'sMom
08-28-2004, 10:53 AM
ummm..yes? I think all three dogs vary between all descirptions. Cincy is most often a wagger, but can become a whipper. Sadie is a whipper, who sometimes wags, and sometimes wiggles. Spot is a thumper, a wiggler, a whipper and a wagger.

Tina
08-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Ginger is a Wigglebutt
Ember is a Whipper
Reggie is a Wagger

swimma253
08-28-2004, 11:09 AM
Meekas a waver. Like you said... most likely with fluffy tails! heheh! Such a cute idea! We need more threads like these! :D

chrissycat21
08-28-2004, 11:32 AM
Snowy is a whipper. I swear her tail could go flying off of her body! lol

BitsyNaceyDog
08-28-2004, 12:26 PM
Bitsy is a wiggle-butt
Charlie is a wagger, even if he does just have a stub.
Buster is a wagger
and Nacey is a big wiggle-butt (sometimes it gets a little out of control)

cocker_luva
08-28-2004, 12:29 PM
well since jess is a cocker, theres not much of a tail. so shes a wigglebutt and a wagger.

RobiLee
08-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Katie is a definite wigglebut. She is so cute. When she is excited her whole back end gets going and her curly fluffy tail falls from side to side.

Tori, I would have to say is a wagger....hmmm....maybe even a waver. I'm not for sure. Oh, that sounds bad. I'm going to have to check this out the next time I come in. I know she isn't a wigglebutt or whipper, just not for sure if she waggers or waves...lol. Very cute thread, Amy!

Robin :)

kingrattus
08-28-2004, 04:15 PM
RB Max was a Whipper & a Wigglebutt. His tail was a deadly weapon & was known to leave brusings & knock over kids. But the kids loved his tail, they always giggled & Max would pinn then down & attack them with kisses. Max was always gentle with kids & never hurt one, not even when one grabbed his pee pee & tried to rip it off his body (the girl was only 2 yrs old & we were testing him with little kids). But ya, he had a killer tail.

manda99
08-29-2004, 04:35 AM
I think Smokey is a Whipper, Wigglebutt and a Thumper!
His tail friggin hurts, man. And has definitely knocked over a beverage or 8.

ChrisH
08-29-2004, 08:07 AM
Bob is definitely a major wigglebutt. :) And sometimes, because of his uncropped tail he becomes a whipper and wigglebutt combined - cute, but dangerous to be near. :D

Chris