PDA

View Full Version : A Hearing Test!

RICHARD
08-24-2004, 01:04 PM
After years of listening to LOUD music and going to concerts I have noticed that my hearing isn't what it used to be...This worried me more when I thought my hearing was totally gone.

So I developed a hearing test.

I can guarantee that most of you have the same type of hearing loss that I have.

Grab your keys to your car (for those who do not drive, you can still participate......you just have to wait until you go somewhere....)

Open the car door.

Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn.

Turn off the car and start the car again.

-----------------------------------------------------

Now,

Did you hear that 'idiot buzzer' - the one that lets you know you left your keys in the ignition???

I didn't hear the one in my car for a long time....until I payed attention to it! :rolleyes:

Just another reason to pay attention to the small things around you!!!:D

Harmanie
08-24-2004, 01:16 PM
wow! I listen to loud music all the time! Thats kinda scary to think that I can loose my hearing because of it. I guess I'm gunna start waching my volume controle! lol

slick
08-24-2004, 01:27 PM
I thought it was called "selective hearing"!!;)

RICHARD
08-24-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by slick
I thought it was called "selective hearing"!!;)

It also happens on Saturday mornings when your SO asks you to to work around the house.;)

Tonya
08-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Haha...that reminds me...I was partenered up for a while with this old racist deaf guy. He supposedly could never hear a word I was saying. So, one day, when he got into my truck, I had Spanish music turned on super duper low. *I* could barely hear it. He was all "Turn that Gawd D@^! Sh$$ off!" I was all "I thought you were hard of hearing?!"

lynnestankard
08-24-2004, 04:22 PM
Pushing against the open door again Richard!!! I always seem to be asking folk to repeat what they've just said - and if there's music in the background I seem to get one word in ten!! Don always has the radio in the car on full blast - which everyone else notices - except me! Worrying eh..............

Then there's this 'thing' they have about printing things SO small!!
So much so - I've started to take my specs off so I can read labels in stores - (I'm short-sighted so can see perfectly if I hold the print at the end of my nose!). Now I've seen 'old' people doing it - aaarrggghhhhhhh!!!!

(Little OLD lady wanders off - - - - -mumbling to herself and shaking her head....................................)

Lynne

DJFyrewolf36
08-24-2004, 05:02 PM
My car never had an idiot buzzer. It has NO buzzer/warnings at all! (then again the only "power" option in the thing is the radio, and the motor itself lol) The owners manual said there was a low fuel warning. When I first got the car, the gas guage was messed up so I had no idea when complete empty would occur. The stupid light is supposed to come on (and its supposed to chime too) when you have two gallons left (its on different sensor than the fuel meter). Well...I ran out of gas and no light! (Had to call the MIL for a rescue) I thought "well there must be something wrong with my sensor thingy!" so I check it out...turns out that the owners manual was wrong :rolleyes: and there is no sensor/light at all! Grrrr stupid off year cars...

My husband had a car that had this anoying female voice tell you that the doors weren't fully closed. He figured out a way to reprogram the car to say it in Japanese...it really confused people!