PDA

View Full Version : Working for a living????

RICHARD
08-24-2004, 12:31 PM
'Hard-working' job ad banned to protect the lazy

A businesswoman has been banned from asking for 'hard-working' staff in a job ad because it discriminates against the lazy.

Beryl King was told by a Jobcentre that her advert for warehouse workers discriminated against people who were not industrious.

Beryl, 57, told the Daily Mirror: "I couldn't believe my ears. Has our world gone mad?

"I've been running my business for 27 years and it's getting harder to find people who want to do a fair day's work for a fair day's pay.

"How long before someone says you can't pay people for working because it discriminates against those on benefit who are paid for not working?"

Beryl, who owns two job agencies in Totton, Hants, offered £5.42 an hour for "warehouse packers who must be hard-working and reliable".

The Southampton Jobcentre is investigating. A spokesman said: "Words such as 'hardworking' can be accepted if used with a clear job description."

-------------------------------------------------------

But just TRY and post an ad for lazy people!
:rolleyes:

Harmanie
08-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Wow thats too much! what has this world come too? lol!

Lillycat
08-26-2004, 06:48 AM
thats a hoot!!!

slick
08-26-2004, 07:00 AM
Around my neck of the woods the "squeegie boys" are seen all the time especially in this one intersection by a big house. I guess the owner of the house got tired of seeing them so he/she painted in huge letters on his fence....

"Will do anything for food except work". The SB's have not been seen there since. :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
08-26-2004, 07:23 AM
:D Excellent story!

Tonya
08-26-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by slick
Around my neck of the woods the "squeegie boys" are seen all the time especially in this one intersection by a big house. I guess the owner of the house got tired of seeing them so he/she painted in huge letters on his fence....

"Will do anything for food except work". The SB's have not been seen there since. :rolleyes:

Haha. We don't have many squeegie boys around here, but I hate when they do approach me. I'm such a sucker, and they always seem to catch me at a bad time, so I just give them money and run.

That's pretty sad that hard working is a bad word these days!

DJFyrewolf36
08-26-2004, 10:43 AM
Needed: Lazy unreliable individuals to sit around and pretend to work. Must be willing to take a break every 15 minutes. Call....

Better? :D

micki76
08-26-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Needed: Lazy unreliable individuals to sit around and pretend to work. Must be willing to take a break every 15 minutes. Call....

Better? :D

When do I start? :D

DJFyrewolf36
08-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by micki76
When do I start? :D

I think theres an opening in my building lol! You can start right away!