PDA

View Full Version : New to site too, think it's great!

cr7clark
07-23-2001, 12:06 PM
I've been looking at this site, especially Cat of the Day pics, and just happened onto the Pet Talk area. It's really nice to be able to chat with other folks who love cats as well. I'm Mom to Miss Bo, a thirteen year old tuxedo Manx. Miss Bo came to us two years ago via the Internet....we wanted to find a sweet older cat or cats, so we started to search the Internet when the local adoption center had only kittens and not older cats. We found a breeder that had two older "retired friends", show cats that needed a retirement home. For $50.00 each, we got Miss Bo and her daughter Abby, and we would do this again if we ever want another cat. Abby passed away this June due to intestinal and bladder troubles, but Miss Bo is the cutest and best cat we could ever ask for. I will be developing a roll of film this week and hope to get a picture up of her. Bo's real name is Lupracan Mus Bolero of Vagary, and she granded in regular class and in premiership. Not that this makes any difference, but Bo came to us with every good trait imaginable....doesn't claw the furniture, impeccable grooming habits, playful, affectionate, talkative, lets me clip her claws and give her baths, and a host of other wonderful attributes. I call her Miss Bo because she's such a priss, posing for the camera and grooming herself constantly.

Karen
07-23-2001, 01:56 PM
Welcome to Pet of the Day and Pet Talk! We're glad you found us, and you sound like you belong here already! :) Give Miss Bo scritches for me! ;)

4 feline house
07-23-2001, 02:02 PM
Can't wait for those pix!

wolflady
07-23-2001, 03:38 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! You and Miss Bo sound just wonderful. What a great thing it is to adopt an older pet :D Can't wait for those pics!! *hugs* to you and Miss Bo.

Cynthia
07-23-2001, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by BosMom:
<STRONG>I've been looking at this site, especially Cat of the Day pics, and just happened onto the Pet Talk area. It's really nice to be able to chat with other folks who love cats as well. I'm Mom to Miss Bo, a thirteen year old tuxedo Manx. Miss Bo came to us two years ago via the Internet....we wanted to find a sweet older cat or cats, so we started to search the Internet when the local adoption center had only kittens and not older cats. We found a breeder that had two older "retired friends", show cats that needed a retirement home. For $50.00 each, we got Miss Bo and her daughter Abby, and we would do this again if we ever want another cat. Abby passed away this June due to intestinal and bladder troubles, but Miss Bo is the cutest and best cat we could ever ask for. I will be developing a roll of film this week and hope to get a picture up of her. Bo's real name is Lupracan Mus Bolero of Vagary, and she granded in regular class and in premiership. Not that this makes any difference, but Bo came to us with every good trait imaginable....doesn't claw the furniture, impeccable grooming habits, playful, affectionate, talkative, lets me clip her claws and give her baths, and a host of other wonderful attributes. I call her Miss Bo because she's such a priss, posing for the camera and grooming herself constantly.</STRONG>

Hi, Bos Mom, and welcome from another newcomer. I, too, have a thirteen-year-old tuxedo Manx! (And I'm a little slow in getting photos up!) I've had Stump since he was 7 -- the first cat I've ever owned, and he turned me into a cat person right away. There are so many special things about Manx cats, not the least of which is their affectionate and companiable nature. Can't wait to see your photos...and I'll work on getting some of my big guy!

aly
07-23-2001, 10:25 PM
Hi BosMom and manxcat, Welcome to Pet Talk! I am mostly on the dog side of this board but I really am trying to keep up with cats too. I keep getting so busy during the days then I konk out at night. Anyway, i am looking forward to pictures of both of your kitties! :)

Gio
07-24-2001, 04:25 AM
A warm welcome from me too!

cr7clark
07-24-2001, 06:52 AM
Wow! This is really neat, being able to talk to so many pet lovers. Manx are indeed quite companionable, Miss Bo just really enjoys our attentions and is probably the best cat I've ever had the privilege of living with. I try to tell people to adopt an older pet, and if you can't find what you want at a rescue place or the local animal shelter, please consider adopting a retired show cat. These "retired friends" make wonderful indoor housepets because they are raised with other cats and dogs, are used to being groomed and handled, and are completely up to date on their shots. Plus they come with impeccable manners. I've found several wonderful cats this way, and have even located cats for other persons (my Mom and Dad have a calico Manx as a result). Once breeders know you and trust you, one E-mail request will result in tons of offers for cats from all across the USA. Gio, I'll bet that European breeders have the same kind of network. Breeders will often ship cats to owners, and all they care about is that the cats get a loving, caring home. Plus, if you run into health problems, the breeder you got the cat from is the best source of advice on how to deal with it. I could talk about this forever, but I have to go to work now, I'll sign on later. Best wishes to all of you who kindly welcomed me to Pet Talk. :D

Logan
07-24-2001, 08:50 AM
Miss Bo sounds marvelous! And as an owner of a "senior" cat myself, I understand completely how special she is to you. I am fortunate that Mimi has been with me for her whole 12 years, but even if she hadn't been, I would love her just as much.

Welcome to Pet Talk.

tatsxxx11
07-25-2001, 09:57 AM
A big welcome to you! I try (it's hard!!) to post on both the dog and cat forums! I too have a senior kitty, Mr. B, who will be eleven soon and a recent addition, Oliver, who just turned 1. I recently lost my precioius Lizzy. She was 19....Miss Bo sounds so sweet! Such a lovely senior. What a perfect match! Can't wait for the pictures! Sandra, Mr. B and Oliver

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

cr7clark
07-25-2001, 11:36 AM
Thanks again to all of you for the warm welcome, especially manxcat. Bo is the first Manx I've had, although I've had cats before. She is just so special, and I'll be getting that roll of film back from the developer any day now so I should be able to post a picture of our Queen of the House. :D