PDA

View Full Version : Collie Version of Play -- Video

ParNone
08-24-2004, 08:11 AM
I've been wanting to share this video for about a month, but I couldn't think of a song to accompany it, until last night. This illustrates pretty good Collies at play. Every once in awhile Oz and Gully get rambunctious, but more times than naught, it's like this video. Your Grandmother's Collie. :) Actually having a small dog like Murph, it works out better that they're like this, because a lot of time he joins in and I don't have to worry about him getting hurt. It usually consists of Oz standing perfectly still, holding one end of a toy, while Murph bounces around, yanking and pulling on the other end and Gully standing off to the side, barking his head off, because he doesn't have an end. :)

Uh, don't strain yourself there, guys

swimma253
08-24-2004, 08:14 AM
awww!!! :D

anna_66
08-24-2004, 08:40 AM
What a smile you brought to my face:D

K9soul
08-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Oh my gosh, that "nibbling" is exactly what my boys used to do when they were playful. Gentle collie nibbles, up and down as if they were gnawing on a corn cob but not painful. Willie was especially nibbly. I used to sometimes play with them by running and they'd do their heel-nipping thing too. Willie used to use his paw to try and trip me! :D

When Cody was playing tug of war or something with me, Willie would just stand there and bark excitedly the whole time, that high pitched excited collie bark :p

Ah Par, your boys bring back such memories :)

ParNone
08-24-2004, 07:17 PM
Thanks swimma and anna!

hey k9soul!

Is the paw thing somewhat Colliesh? Do Tasha and Tommy do that, because Murph and Maddie never really used their paws like Oz and Gully do? Oz and Gully are always reaching out with their paw at me. If you're say moving a toy on the ground, enticing them to get it, where Murph and Maddie would pounce and grab at with their mouth, Oz and Gully will use their paw to grab either your arm or if they can get a paw on the toy, the toy, and pull towards themselves in an effort to get it.

They're constantly waving their paw at me to play or scratch'em too.

Par...

Pam
08-24-2004, 07:25 PM
LOL! Great choice of music again! It looks like my two at times. Bella is the one laying on the floor and Ripley goes over and play bites her on the front leg. She hardly bothers to look up! LOL! :p :p In the words of the late Rodney Dangerfield "I get no respect!" LOL!

Edit: I just heard something on the news tonight about Rodney Dangerfield. Apparently he is not "the late" Rodney Dangerfield but rather very much alive! :eek:

K9soul
08-24-2004, 09:32 PM
Both my collies seemed to use their paws a lot to express themselves and play. Willie used to insist on giving me his paw when he was greeting me, even though he wasn't taught to shake. He would get overexuberant at times though and if I was kneeling down at his level, I sometimes got a paw right in the face. He gave me a few fat lips that way for sure. Tommy is more "paw-oriented" than Tasha, but I don't think either of them are as "pawsy" as the collies were. Tommy will constantly try to give me his paw when he's getting petted but he doesn't use his paws in play as much.

The collies also constantly licked and cleaned their paws too, Mom and I used to joke and call them cats. Cody actually got pinkish stains on his front paws from his saliva, licking them so often. Not really obvious stains but I could see it on close inspection and his white feet weren't quite as bright as Will's.

Spiritwind
08-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by ParNone
Is the paw thing somewhat Colliesh?

All my collies LOVE to use their feet to paw at things, to get your attention, or while playing... all of them - rough/smooth, male or female... they love to use their feet LOL

Janna