PDA

View Full Version : Washington state PT'ers

Corinna
08-23-2004, 09:28 PM
Hey al you western washington pter's I'm going to be in Mt. Vernon the week ofOct.25th I would love to meet you and see all the great freinds from here. I will have a car so I can get just about anywhere. I won't have my kids with me but may borrow moms dauchy .

Corinna
08-24-2004, 11:20 PM
bump

slick
08-24-2004, 11:39 PM
Where is Mt. Vernon in relation to Seattle? I can get to Seattle in about 4 hours.

Corinna
08-25-2004, 07:43 PM
Its about 60 miles north between Bellingham and Everett. Slick that would be so cool to met you .

slick
08-25-2004, 09:54 PM
I'll keep you posted Corinna because I think it may be doable for me. Tell me the days that you will be there. Monday to Friday? Sunday to Saturday????

I do work full time but I may be able to swing a day off. If I'm travelling to the States I like to stay overnight because it's so time-consuming to get across the border. When I met Laurie in Seattle, I left at 8:00 in the morning and got to Seattle at Noon. They are really really picky at the border now and if I don't have a passport with me, I don't get in, regardless.

Anyway, let me know your plans and maybe I can work it in. Would just LOVE to meet you too!!:)

Corinna
08-26-2004, 10:46 AM
I'll be there sunday to sat. My scheduale is really flexable as hubby is working I'm not. I was hoping that some of the Everett and Seattle will be avalible too. I will defianatly keep you informed. You are in BC? You pass Mt.Vernon as you go to Seattle.

slick
08-27-2004, 06:19 PM
Thanks Corinna. I'll let you know closer to the date if it's a go or not and what day I can come down. :)

slick
09-12-2004, 09:13 PM
I did have a major program install happening that week but I've managed to put it off until first week of November....

so I can come down!!!!! :) :)

Corinna
09-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Yahooo!!!!! I am going to pm some of the others and see if you can get a bunch to gether.

Shelteez2
09-17-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by slick
If I'm travelling to the States I like to stay overnight because it's so time-consuming to get across the border. When I met Laurie in Seattle, I left at 8:00 in the morning and got to Seattle at Noon. They are really really picky at the border now and if I don't have a passport with me, I don't get in, regardless.

Sorry to butt in, but really?? I just drove from Calgary to Wyoming and back again and I had no trouble at the border what so ever. I don't have a passport either. Are they just more strict at where you cross over?? (I crossed over into Montana). I was nervous though because I had heard stories of it being hard to get in, but they didn't even ask my for proof of my dogs rabies shots. Maybe I was just lucky?
I will be crossing through the border again in 3 days on my way to Vegas, so we'll see if it's as easy or not. :)

And to keep it related, I wish I could come but it's a tad far for me right now, especially after my two big trips. Maybe next time.

RubyMutt
09-18-2004, 11:02 PM
I'd love to have another PT Meeting :D Mt. Vernon less than an hour drive from my home so I could make it up there easily :) I'm sure Margaret (veegan) and Brock could possibly tag along as well. Hopefully Jennifer and Gigi too :D I'll talk to them about it tomorrow!

slick
09-18-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
Are they just more strict at where you cross over?? (
Sorry you can't make it. :(
My family and I crossed the border in June and my Mom who is 80 does not have a passport (and silly me forgot mine) and only had with her an expired driver's license. They told us then that if the alert level was any higher we would be turned away. Myself, I'm glad they are so strict.

Lindsey, I'm soooo looking forward to meeting you too!! :)

RubyMutt
09-19-2004, 12:08 AM
I've been through the Blaine/Surrey border crossing several times very recently and have had no problems. It can be an hour wait at times, but generally we haven't been hassled at all. I'm actually going across the border again tomorrow, so I'll see how it is then as well.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you as well :D

slick
10-04-2004, 06:07 PM
Corinna, as per my last PM I didn't think I was going to know until week of Oct 18th but I got the OK now.

I'm coming down morning of October 26 and will stay overnight and come back October 27th!

So come on you Seattle people. Who else is going to join us?

Yipeee! Can hardly wait. :)

manda_moo87
10-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Aww... wish I could go! :p

Corinna
10-04-2004, 07:28 PM
I did start another thread about this. I'll check it in a mintue but I could drive to Everett I just don't know where the dog park is there. It started after we moved from there. If someone could e-mail me the directions Slick and I could drive down. [email protected]

RubyMutt
10-04-2004, 09:05 PM
I'll only be able to make it after 5:30pm on the 26th or 27th as I have to work. Will that still be ok with everyone?

I'll PM this thread to Jen, Margaret, and Tom & Katz to make sure they see it :)

Lowell Dog Park is probably the best dog park in Everett

Here's the address:
46th St. and S. 3rd Ave
Everett, WA 98203

Here's directions (coming from the north, heading south):
- I-5 S toward SEATTLE
- Take the 41ST ST. exit- exit number 192- toward EVERGREEN WAY
- Turn SLIGHT LEFT to take the ramp toward BROADWAY/LOWELL RD
- Turn LEFT onto 41ST ST
- Take the ramp toward BROADWAY/LOWELL RD
- Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto S 3RD AVE
- End at 46th St Se & S 3rd Ave

and, a MAP (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtype=address&cat=&address=46th%20St%20Se%20%26%20S%203rd%20Ave&city=Everett&state=WA&zipcode=98203&search=Get%20Map) just for good measure ;)

Corinna
10-04-2004, 11:30 PM
Thanks I know where Lowell park is .Oh yes dating days and Parking.

Slick have you found your motel yet? I think the one we are at is going to be one of the cheaper ones. PM me when you are booked so I know where to find you.

slick
10-04-2004, 11:46 PM
:D :) :) **jumping for joy**

We're going to a dog park???? OMG that's so exciting. I'm going to see some puppers!!! Yeah!!!

Have not booked yet but will do. Probably most convenient if I stay in the same one you are.

EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!

:D :D

Corinna
10-06-2004, 09:10 PM
You sound like me I'm having a hard time at work. It's double for me as I haven't seen some of my school classmates for 11 years. or longer. I already told my hubby I'd be busy all day . He will be working and then dinner at his moms (i get out of it yahoo I thank you.)

slick
10-13-2004, 11:59 PM
Corinna, I've been waiting until payday (Friday) to book my hotel room. When I do I'll let you know.

EEEEEEKKKKKK!!! Can hardly wait. :D :)

tomkatzid
10-14-2004, 12:19 AM
I wish katz and I could come, it sure sounds fun.....we both have to work swing those days and can't really take any more days off right now.......we are going to be at the genesee off leash area halloween bash on saturday the 23rd though if any of ya'll can make it;)........tom

Corinna
10-15-2004, 11:59 PM
I'm so sorry I have to be in portland on the week end for buisness confrence. maybe we could meet with you guys be fore work. I think we could get away from Mt. Vernon and be in Everett by noon. Does that work? I don't know for sure what city you live in.

veegan
10-16-2004, 12:16 AM
I dont know if everyone would be able to, but what do you guys think about going to marymoor park instead?? its about 30-45 mins southeast from Lowell, (its in redmond) so I dunno if thats do-able for everyone or not. The days are getting darker a lot earlier now too. :( I get off work at 5 and would get to Marymoor by 530 if I leave right from work (which I usually do on the days I plan on going there). Its honestly, 300 times better than the Lowell dog park. Marymoor is 40 acres, as compared to Lowell's like, I dont even know, 1 acre or something lol. (The entire Lowell park is only 10 acres and the dog area is just a small fraction of it). Marymoor is also much more populated, and has access to the river for swimming & drinking. But, if that isnt feasible for everyones schedules we can go to Lowell. :) I go to Marymoor all the time so it doesnt matter to me, and Lowell is still big enough for Brock to get good running in, but I thought Id through the idea out there. Marymoor is just so much more impressive! ;)

Corinna
10-16-2004, 12:40 AM
I really don't have much of a prerence but some one suggested Lowell . I can't remeber how to get to marymoor. Is that a good one for everyone else?

veegan
10-16-2004, 01:18 AM
6046 W Lake Sammamish Pkwy NE
Redmond, WA

thats the address, you can put it in mapquest for directions or I can post them later if Marymoor works for everyone else. basically you have to get on 405 S, and take exit 18, then its pretty straight forward from there, just have 1 turn, but it is a ways from the freeway. well anyhoo, let me know if this works for everyone and I can post thorough directions!

tomkatzid
10-16-2004, 02:31 AM
Slick, I just sent you an e mail, as you don't have PM's available.
Katz

Originally posted by veegan
I dont know if everyone would be able to, but what do you guys think about going to marymoor park instead?? its about 30-45 mins southeast from Lowell, (its in redmond) so I dunno if thats do-able for everyone or not. The days are getting darker a lot earlier now too. :( I get off work at 5 and would get to Marymoor by 530 if I leave right from work (which I usually do on the days I plan on going there). Its honestly, 300 times better than the Lowell dog park. Marymoor is 40 acres, as compared to Lowell's like, I dont even know, 1 acre or something lol. (The entire Lowell park is only 10 acres and the dog area is just a small fraction of it). Marymoor is also much more populated, and has access to the river for swimming & drinking. But, if that isnt feasible for everyones schedules we can go to Lowell. :) I go to Marymoor all the time so it doesnt matter to me, and Lowell is still big enough for Brock to get good running in, but I thought Id through the idea out there. Marymoor is just so much more impressive! ;)

slick
10-16-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
Slick, I just sent you an e mail, as you don't have PM's available.
Katz
Got it and responded. Thanks.

slick
10-19-2004, 09:40 PM
I'm booked. See you in a week!!! :)

Corinna
10-19-2004, 11:53 PM
Veegan have you and Ruby mutt decided on which park ? you guys just tell us which one. and see if the wild boar(gigi) and come too. I leave Thursday night and will have no computer til the 1st of Nov. (can i live that long errr I need a laptop. ) You can e-mail me or pm either way .

veegan
10-19-2004, 11:56 PM
I was just waiting to see what everone else had to say about it.. Ill PM this to everyone now :)

Corinna
10-20-2004, 12:09 AM
great just let me know so I can get the map and Slick and I know where to meet you.

RubyMutt
10-20-2004, 01:17 AM
If everyone else is up for it, I'd much rather go to Marymoor :D It's well worth the drive :)

Corinna
10-20-2004, 10:50 AM
I guess marymoor it is unless its not good for jenniffer and Gigi.

tomkatzid
10-20-2004, 12:05 PM
We have to work, but hope you all have fun !!!
Dog-O-Ween this Saturday in Seattle too !!!!
Katz

Corinna
10-20-2004, 04:46 PM
Sorry you 2 can't meet us earlier in the day but I understand Tomkatz. I guess its settled we will meet the others at Marymoor at 5:30 on Tuesday. We are both so excited to meet you guys. I will have pictures of the kids , I can have 3 large-xlarge dogs at the hotel in Ore.on the weekend .So they are helping Ben(my 21yr son) ( single son) watch the house and his cats.

jenfer
10-20-2004, 05:01 PM
I am gonna see if I can take 1/2 day off. Once I got approved, it's all good. Marymoore sounds good to me. :)

Corinna
10-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Sounds really terrific. I guess tuesday at 530pm .We will most likely be there early . I was thinking a trip to the mall (alderwood) sounded good too.

jenfer
10-20-2004, 05:40 PM
I got my 1/2 day off approved. So, it's 5:30? Cool. :) I love it when I only have to work 1/2 day. :D

Corinna
10-20-2004, 05:44 PM
cool !!! Hey Slick how great is this we get to meet each other and 3 other pter and their kids Wahooooo! I may not make it thourgh my converance. I'll leave my room # at the desk on a note so when you get to the motel you can call me . If you get there before me do the same Ok?

veegan
10-22-2004, 01:44 PM
yay! sounds like everything is worked out! :D

does anyone want me to write out directions to marymoor, or can you mapuest it?

RubyMutt
10-26-2004, 09:20 AM
I'm heading off to work now... see you all later :D

I get off work at 5 then I'll meet up with veegan and the puppers back at home and head to Marymoor :D We'll get there ASAP. Hopefully traffic will cooperate since I work in N. Everett and we live in S. Everett...

See you guys soon :D

slick
10-26-2004, 09:47 AM
See ya. I'm leaving home in about 1/2 hour. Don't forget your cameras. :)

Kfamr
10-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Soooo........?????:D

Where are you guys?!

jenfer
10-27-2004, 12:10 AM
I am back home a few hours ago. It was fun... and I was late... stupid traffic. It's nice to see Slick and Corinna. :D Gigi got a bandana from Corinna and some treats from Slick. We walked around Marymoor park once. Met some pups and such. But I only have 1 pic. I will wait until the others to show off their pics. :)

slick
10-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Got home about 30 min ago. Left Mt Vernon just before 10am and the border crossing was a piece of cake. :)
I met Corinna yesterday around 11am and we went for a bite to eat then ran some errands. Met Corinna's parents; really nice people and they have two pups, Beau (T-Bone) and Bud. The pups were a little hesitant to meet me at first but as soon as I brought out the Slickies Bickies I was their friend for life.:)
That afternoon we drove down to Marymoor Park and met up with Veegan (Margaret), RubyMutt (Lindsay) and Jenfer (Jennifer). By the time they got there it was getting dark but that didn't stop us from having a romp around the park (5 skinkids and 3 firkids). I did take a few pics just before the darkness set in but will have to post them when the film is used up. Afterwards we went for some dinner at Denny's and the waitress took some pictures of us which will be posted at some point. Then Corinna and I headed back to where we were staying (about 1/2 hour drive). This morning Corinna and I met for breakfast before I headed out.

Corinna, Margaret, Jennifer and Lindsay: it was so good to meet you and be able to give you all a real hug instead of a cyber one.

slick
xo

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-27-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by slick
I did take a few pics just before the darkness set in but will have to post them when the film is used up.

Which means you have a perfectly good excuse to take more pics of Max and Speckles! Yippeee, we get to see Slick's kitties again! ;) :D

Seriously, I'm glad you had a great time. I'm - as usual - so jealous and wish I could have joined you. But not to worry, our time will come. ;) :D

slick
10-27-2004, 08:00 PM
LOL Debbie, I think I need to find some more "active" starlettes for the camera.

Forgot to tell everyone that Corinna has been gone since last Thursday and she's going into PT withdrawal. She promises to post on Saturday night as soon as she gets home.

Killearn Kitties
10-30-2004, 07:41 AM
Glad you had a great time! I'll be looking forward to those pictures!

I don't mind if you fill up the film with Max and Speckles sleeping! :D

Corinna
10-31-2004, 01:11 AM
I got home a couple hours ago. I had so much fun meeting all of the gang. You can't beleive how cute little Gigi is in person. Brock and Ruby are just so active when they get to go to the park. Saw so many wonderful dogs. Hey Lindsey my hubby says he thinks he remembers your mom . Hes going to drag out his yearbook.
It is so cool where else could a couple of mature teens hang out with a couple younger teens :) :D and have so much fun .together.
Sure glad to be home and seeing my key board .

Killearn Kitties
11-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Have I missed pictures in another thread??! ;) :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
11-04-2004, 06:25 PM
Karen....here's the thread....

pics (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62637)

Least I could do as you were the ONLY one to recognize Eddie's photo issue....;)

Corinna
11-04-2004, 08:24 PM
my camera is at walmart it sould be back by monday.