PDA

View Full Version : Kitten Potty Problem...

Mil0Luv3r
08-23-2004, 06:38 PM
When Milo (my kitten) uses his litter box then gets back into bed he sits down and then he gets well.. Poop spots!!:rolleyes: :eek:
All over my bed!!:o :eek: :rolleyes: :mad: And this is EVERY day! And I'm tired of changing my sheets EVERY day! What could I do to stop this Behavior?

Mil0Luv3r
08-23-2004, 06:43 PM
He also has a Cold follow this Link:http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=813259#post813259

Laura's Babies
08-23-2004, 06:45 PM
If you can catch him when he leaves the box, clean him yourself.. But I think something is wrong if he don't clean himself so when you clean him, check out the "parts dept" and see if things look normal.. I would have him check at the white coats to make sure....

Mil0Luv3r
08-23-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
If you can catch him when he leaves the box, clean him yourself.. But I think something is wrong if he don't clean himself so when you clean him, check out the "parts dept" and see if things look normal.. I would have him check at the white coats to make sure.... I will do that... And well.. His umm well poo kinda stinks REALLY bad to!

wolflady
08-23-2004, 07:05 PM
This could be part of his kitty cold. Definitely get him to the vet for a proper diagnoses. Is this diarrhea that he's having? what sort of food is he eating? How long has this been going on? I hope he feels better soon! Let us know what the vet says!

Mil0Luv3r
08-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
This could be part of his kitty cold. Definitely get him to the vet for a proper diagnoses. Is this diarrhea that he's having? what sort of food is he eating? How long has this been going on? I hope he feels better soon! Let us know what the vet says!
It started ever sense I changed his food to Eukanuba.....

Craftlady
08-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Could be the food, if you suddenly change food without mixing old with new food for week or so, runny potty is the result. But since kitty has cold symptoms along with potty problems, You need to take kitty to the vet. Diarraha is nothing to fool around. A vets advise and treatment is needed.

Mil0Luv3r
08-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Craftlady
Could be the food but since kitty has cold symptoms along with potty problems, You need to take kitty to the vet. Well he got the cold today and where we got him he had barrley any room to go to the bathroom... His cold has FINALLY passed!

Craftlady
08-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Mil0Luv3r
Well he got the cold today and where we got him he had barrley any room to go to the bathroom... His cold has FINALLY passed!

Symptoms can appear to be over but kitty can still be sick. Allot of times kitty colds run through kennels and show themselves later. Antibotic treatment is needed.

Eleanor who we adopted from PetSmart had the "kennel cold" symptoms appear within a few days after we brought her home. We later had opportunity to find out they had outbreak of "kennel cold" at shelter where she was first brought to before Petsmart.

We had her on antibotic for 10 days and she is fine.

Mil0Luv3r
08-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Craftlady
Symptoms can appear to be over but kitty can still be sick. Allot of times kitty colds run through kennels and show themselves later. Antibotic treatment is needed.

Eleanor who we adopted from PetSmart had the "kennel cold" symptoms appear within a few days after we brought her home. We later had opportunity to find out they had outbreak of "kennel cold" at shelter where she was first brought to before Petsmart.

We had her on antibotic for 10 days and she is fine.
I hate to say this but... We had/have black mold.. So thats probaly we he got it from.. But it is getting better....

Craftlady
08-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Mil0Luv3r
I hate to say this but... We had/have black mold.. So thats probaly we he got it from.. But it is getting better....

I dont' agree that it's the mold but you know your kitty better than I. Good luck I hope your kitty gets better.

catmandu
08-24-2004, 09:52 AM
I sometimes,had that problem,so I bought,some handi wipes,to clean,the sheets,off!