PDA

View Full Version : So what's for dinner tonight?

Christiansmommy
08-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Silly thread, i know...but i am sitting here eating dinner and surfing a little, hubby is working a little late...and was just wondering what you had for dinner? :)

Just hot dogs and home made potato salad here :)

Robyn

carole
08-23-2004, 05:17 PM
Chicken Herb and Garlic sausages with potatoes, kumara, and salad for hubby and Grilled chicken and the same for me and a pasta dish for my daughter., we are a fussy lot here, everyone likes different things.

chrissycat21
08-23-2004, 05:19 PM
Right now, nothing yet. :) I might make pasta or pancakes. Or something.....

catnapper
08-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Left over pizza from lunch. :D

MariaM
08-23-2004, 05:49 PM
:rolleyes: Funny how I think about making a thread and then I see it in General!:eek: Except mine was going to be, what was the last thing you ate? Lol. Anyway, I don't know...we usually don't have too much for any meal...maybe potatoes or something.

Pam
08-23-2004, 05:51 PM
Only salad. Once again I'm trying to lose a pound or two. We'll see how long this lasts. :rolleyes:

slick
08-23-2004, 05:57 PM
MMMMM leftover curried chicken with coconut milk sauce.

binka_nugget
08-23-2004, 06:06 PM
Chips, Pop and whatever else I find. :D

KYS
08-23-2004, 06:23 PM
posted by catnapper: Left over pizza from lunch. :D >>>>>

That sounds good right now.

I was boring and made soup with healthy veggies.
(but than I was bad and dipped crackers in lots of ranch
dressing)

wolflady
08-23-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by slick
MMMMM leftover curried chicken with coconut milk sauce.

Yum! Sounds good!! I knew I liked you! ;)

I'm with Pam in the "losing a pound or two" category. Tonight, I'm going to make dill/lemon salmon and green beans!
:)

slick
08-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
Yum! Sounds good!! I knew I liked you! ;)
:D :D Do want to come over have dinner with me?? Maybe we can think up some new posters to create. :D ;)

heinz57_79
08-23-2004, 06:47 PM
Haven't made dinner yet, but I'm thinking about porkchops with grilled onions and roasted potatos with garlic and chilis. :)

dogs_4_me
08-23-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm having a stir fry.:D

wolflady
08-23-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by slick
:D :D Do want to come over have dinner with me?? Maybe we can think up some new posters to create. :D ;)
:D :D LOL LOL
I would LOVE to! ;) :D

Lillycat
08-23-2004, 07:00 PM
i had browned and baked about 8 or so pork chops over the weekend......i also had frozen waxedbeans/and green beans...the truly young and tender ones.... all from the famous cinti findley market.....a marvelous place....alll this was frozen and defrosted so i could fix dinner for johanna.....who is verrrrrry pregnant and ready to be spoiled a bit.....and i try to help.....after all i will be the grandma.....only 2 weeks from this friday!!!!! how about that!!!!!!!!

popcornbird
08-23-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Lillycat
i had browned and baked about 8 or so pork chops over the weekend......i also had frozen waxedbeans/and green beans...the truly young and tender ones.... all from the famous cinti findley market.....a marvelous place....alll this was frozen and defrosted so i could fix dinner for johanna.....who is verrrrrry pregnant and ready to be spoiled a bit.....and i try to help.....after all i will be the grandma.....only 2 weeks from this friday!!!!! how about that!!!!!!!!

Oh, lucky Johanna to have such a good mommy. :D

My mom's making gooooood food today. Just the smell of it coming from downstairs is making my mouth water.

She's making fresh naan (an Indian/Pakistani bread), with a traditional stirred fried beef dish (its called Pasandai). I just finished working out and lifting weights for over an hour, and I can't wait to eat dinner. :D I have to go downstairs and make the salad though...

Tina
08-23-2004, 08:00 PM
We had Chili Dogs and Tater Tots.

Kfamr
08-23-2004, 08:03 PM
We didn't have dinner today because I was sleeping and my dad was gone on a "job" (Helping a friend of his with some repairs)

Samantha Puppy
08-23-2004, 08:08 PM
I made chicken fried steak, rice-a-roni and spinach. For dessert, Samantha and I went to get a snowball in honor of her Gotcha Day. :)

Tonya
08-23-2004, 08:24 PM
Artichokes with butter and cucumbers and salt. I know...wierd! What can I say, I'm pregnant!

I fed my son left over chicken and pasta with the artichokes. Hubby is at work.

Uabassoon
08-23-2004, 08:45 PM
Pizza and cheesy bread sticks :)

sirrahbed
08-23-2004, 10:32 PM
For some reason, this what is for supper thread is always fun to read!:D Hubby and I drove up to Indiana to visit Sirrahved and seminary son so we took them out to eat at a little Greek place and had Gyros. I love that onion and cucumber sauce on them. YUM!! The kids had coneys- All you-can-eat:p And they ate allot! We had to roll them outta there!!

molucass
08-23-2004, 11:03 PM
We had spaghetti with meat balls, and garlic bread tonight.

It was really good... My mom always makes great spaghetti.

Aspen and Misty
08-23-2004, 11:07 PM
BLAH!

We had spaghetti....EWWW.

Ash

Toller 42
08-23-2004, 11:08 PM
I had chicken with ceaser salad.

Rio and Me
08-24-2004, 05:47 AM
I'm not eating much latly because of the dog, nothing in the house and no money left so i guess i will scape up some money and get a take away, hummmm chinese sounds good.
Ky

lbaker
08-24-2004, 07:12 AM
Left over roast chicken w/ noodles, fresh green beans and bisquits & gravy (left over from Sunday dinner :rolleyes: ) Fresh peaches w/ ice cream for dessert. Could not eat but made it for the family. Whole roasting chickens were on sale Sunday at the Safeway - buy one, get one free.. sounded like a deal to me.

Stenograsaurus
08-24-2004, 09:35 AM
I had a whole chicken cooked in the Nesco (slow roaster), mashed potatoes, noodles with gravy and carrots. It was pretty good. And since I was supposed to have a long day today I made enough for leftovers for tonight also.

Samantha Puppy
08-24-2004, 09:55 AM
I'm debating on whether to make chicken tonight, or Italian sausages with spaghetti... Everyone else's talk of spaghetti made me hungry for it!

cloverfdx
08-24-2004, 10:53 AM
Raisin toast ;). I am going to cook a proper meal tonight any ideas???

lynnestankard
08-24-2004, 11:03 AM
Just reading this has made me so hungry!!

And tonight I'm not cooking - Yippeeee - Elizabeth's taking me and Don out for dinner - I think I fancy Italian - yummy :D

Lynne

NoahsMommy
08-24-2004, 11:54 AM
I always LOVE food threads! :)

Last night I had fetuccini alfredo. Tonight I'll have spaghetti or some tuna caserole. Not sure what I'm in the mood for yet.

David's at church camp (he's a jr. high youth sponsor) this week, so I get to eat all the stuff he doesn't like. Yay! ;)

lynnestankard
08-24-2004, 04:27 PM
We didn't eat Italian - went down to our local pub and ate big and hearty - I had cheesy potato skins with garlic mayo then Gammon Steak and salad and chips - couldn't manage pudding but did have a lovely Baileys coffee - I'm absolutley stuffed and feel like a beached whale! :D :D

Lynne

sirrahbed
08-24-2004, 04:36 PM
Hubby cooked tonight and it was a nice meatloaf, mac & cheese, peas, sweet tea and apple pie. How American is that??;)

slick
08-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Hubby cooked tonight and it was a nice meatloaf, mac & cheese, peas, sweet tea and apple pie. How American is that??;)
I keep reading this thread and thinking "what do you mean cooked tonight!" It's only 2:30 in the afternoon!!!" Then I remember how far behind we Wet Coasters are. :o :o

Christiansmommy
08-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed

Very American!! :)

Hubby has never cooked dinner...so lucky for you! ;)

Robyn

DJFyrewolf36
08-24-2004, 04:48 PM
Gee, you guys sound like you're eating great! Sigh everyone at my house is in between paychecks so I think we have about 10 bucks until next week *and its only tuesday, woo* so we had "Ghetto mac" last night for dinner and probily whats left over for tonights dinner. It isn't as bad as it sounds! My BILworks for a snack bar in a bowling alley so he snaged some leftover chili and put it with mac n cheese along with some hamburger and stewed tomatos. Yummy yummy, just like Army food!

BitsyNaceyDog
08-24-2004, 04:55 PM
PIZZA!!!

Kfamr
08-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Yummy Jet's Deep Dish Pepperoni Pizza and Jet's Cheesy bread.:D

Christiansmommy
08-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Yummy Jet's Deep Dish Pepperoni Pizza and Jet's Cheesy bread.:D

Is Jets' like a Pizza Hut? I have never heard of them...or just a local place?

Samantha Puppy
08-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Italian sausage in (homemade) tomato sauce with spaghetti noodles for me, and over cheese ravioli for my husband. And garlic bread. Nummy!

wolflady
08-24-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
...I'm absolutley stuffed and feel like a beached whale! :D :D

Lynne

LOL LOL ROTFL...I had to laugh, because I say this to people when I'm full all the time! I know exactly what you mean!!! ;) :D :o

Logan
08-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Helen and I are having twice baked potatoes (left over baked potatoes from Sunday, mixed up with good stuff) and chicken salad for dinner tonight. It's just us "girls" as Scott is out of town. :( :)

carole
08-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Well since i managed to burn our potatoes last night, what was I doing , I was on PT, when I should not have been lol, oh well lucky for those emergency potato oven baked wedges in the freezer.

Tonight we will have grilled bacon, and salad again and potatoes , not burned hopefully, little gourmet ones, so yummy, followed by Jelly-tip ice cream.

Tonya
08-24-2004, 07:53 PM
Stew and french bread.

anna_66
08-24-2004, 08:09 PM
We had grilled Mahi Mahi, baby potatos and green beans. And for desert sour cream pudding cake...YUMMY!

micki76
08-24-2004, 08:11 PM
I had a Hot Pocket. Blech! :rolleyes:

buckner
08-24-2004, 08:16 PM
Tomato soup and soda crackers for me. That was followed up with Mini-Wheats and Soymilk.

Toller 42
08-24-2004, 08:40 PM
I had more chicken, I had patato's with it tonight though. I think i'm having spaghetti tommorow.

Kfamr
08-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
Is Jets' like a Pizza Hut? I have never heard of them...or just a local place?

Jet's is NOTHING like Pizza hut! It's MUCH better. :p

Their deep dish pizza is so delicious. It's not soggy and dough like alot of pizzas.

I think they're mainly in FL and MI
http://www.jetspizza.com/

dogs_4_me
08-24-2004, 09:49 PM
I had homeade chicken noodle soup lol:D

Logan
08-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by dogs_4_me
I had homeade chicken noodle soup lol:D

I LOVE homemade chicken noodle soup, but I usually make it in the wintertime. Our summers are too hot for soup!

popcornbird
08-24-2004, 10:19 PM
I just ate a big bowl of salad tonight. I think I want to lose a few pounds, so I'm going back to working out and cutting down on calories for awhile. I've taken a break too long.......now back to losing weight! Still need to reach my goal. :p

dogs_4_me
08-24-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I LOVE homemade chicken noodle soup, but I usually make it in the wintertime. Our summers are too hot for soup!

me to but i couldnt wait till winter lol:D

talia22
08-24-2004, 10:57 PM
I ATE OUT AT OLGAS..I DONT KNOW IF HTEY HAVE THOSE EVERYWHERE OR NOT BUT THEY ARE IN MALLS. I HAD THE 3 CHEESE WITH BACON AND A BASKET OF SNACKERS..SO YUMMY!!

Kfamr
08-29-2004, 07:06 PM
We had BBQ ribs that just fell off the bone, yellow rice, baked beans and a yummy homemade pie (Mom made it for Lauren/BluStang24 and her birthday that was a few days ago)

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-29-2004, 07:15 PM
Turkey, baked potatoes, and brocali (spelling?). Yummm...:)

anna_66
08-29-2004, 07:35 PM
A big grilled sirloin steak, baked potato and corn...YUMMY!

carole
08-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Homemade small Meatballs, with sphaghetti for Hubby and Baked Beans for me, and whatever I can find for Miss Fussy boots Melissa, followed by Cadbury Top Deck Ice Cream.

buckner
08-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Tonight I had Spanish fried rice (the rice-roni kind :p) and peas. Yummmmy. It was either peas, corn, or more beans. I guess I'll have the corn or beans tomorrow night.

But I'm going to have start backing off on some stuff, like the white breads and cooked veggies. In order to lose weight while still being a vegetarian with vegan habits, there's like one way to do it. I'll get around to doing that sometime, I guess. More raw veggies, fresh fruits, all the beans I want. I can't wait!

lizzielou742
08-29-2004, 10:21 PM
Tonight I had a late lunch at a barbeque restaurant and then made some chocolate chip cookies by hand for dessert. ;) :)

popcornbird
08-30-2004, 01:04 AM
I didn't even eat dinner tonight! No wonder I'm so hungry. :o

I'm not sure if I should eat anything now.....11am's too late for dinner. Hmmm...

I can't believe I forgot to eat! That's what happens when I miss out on eating at dinner time with the family. I forget to eat completely, and don't remember until I see a thread on PT about food. :o

NoahsMommy
08-30-2004, 01:43 AM
I made a tuna melt and had mango juice. :) Mmmmmm....

Samantha Puppy
08-30-2004, 09:03 AM
Tonight, I'm making bacon-wrapped chicken rolls, steamed corn on the cob, and a salad.

Christiansmommy
08-30-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
Tonight, I'm making bacon-wrapped chicken rolls, steamed corn on the cob, and a salad.

Bacon wrapped chicken rolls sound delicious!!! I love bacon :) How do you make them?

Samantha Puppy
08-30-2004, 10:01 AM
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Rolls

You will need:
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (atleast 6oz each)
1 (8oz) package softened cream cheese
2 tablespoons chives (snipped)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 slices bacon
2 teaspoons melted butter
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon paprika (or cayenne pepper or cumin or chili pepper)

Serves: 6

Step One:
Preheat oven to 375 (F). Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness between two pieces of plastic wrap or wax paper

Step Two:
Spread cream cheese on chicken. Top with chives. Roll up to enclose filling. Sprinkle with pepper. Wrap with bacon.

Step Three:
Place rolls seam side down in a baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes. Mix melted butter and bread crumbs in a bowl.

Step Four:
Preheat broiler. Broiler rolls for 3 minutes on each side to crisp bacon. Sprinkle crumb mixture over rolls. Top with paprika (or spice of your choice).

Tina
08-30-2004, 10:06 AM
We had a Whole Chicken Stuffed with Stuffing,mushrooms,rice and potatoes.
We also had:

Homemade Mac & Cheese
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Salad

My parents were over for dinner last night.

I had made a small turkey also but ended up accidently burning some of it.:o

I'm not sure what I'll make tonight.

Christiansmommy
08-30-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Rolls

You will need:
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (atleast 6oz each)
1 (8oz) package softened cream cheese
2 tablespoons chives (snipped)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 slices bacon
2 teaspoons melted butter
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon paprika (or cayenne pepper or cumin or chili pepper)

Serves: 6

Step One:
Preheat oven to 375 (F). Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness between two pieces of plastic wrap or wax paper

Step Two:
Spread cream cheese on chicken. Top with chives. Roll up to enclose filling. Sprinkle with pepper. Wrap with bacon.

Step Three:
Place rolls seam side down in a baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes. Mix melted butter and bread crumbs in a bowl.

Step Four:
Preheat broiler. Broiler rolls for 3 minutes on each side to crisp bacon. Sprinkle crumb mixture over rolls. Top with paprika (or spice of your choice).

MMMMM!!! I think i may be heading to the foodstore to get some bacon and cream cheese :) They sound delicious!!!!

Samantha Puppy
08-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Not to brag, but this recipe won me $100 first place prize at another forum I frequent. :) I hope you enjoy them!

teenster3
09-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Anything you can throw in the microwave or something instant in the stove! I can't cook to save my life!!! Hubby does that, I do everything else!:D