PDA

View Full Version : In memory of my rabbits:

wabbitwuver
08-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Silky- Silky was my first rabbit ever. She was born July 22nd 2001, I got her at 4 weeks old, August 18th 2001. I had my Silky for not even two weeks. On August 30th 2001 her life was taken by my dog. My sister had Silky in her arms, bent down to pick clover and Silky lept free from her arms straight into the dog area, when she saw the dog she got scared and ran, the dog(Honey, not very friendly!:( ) trampeled my poor baby, Silky limped into the dog house and was cornered, from there the dog bit her until she was gone,forever. This whole thing happened in about 5 seconds it seemed, I was underwater in our pool half the time, when I surfaced I heard my sister screaming, got out but wasn't quick enough, All I saw was my stupid dog biting her and her lifeless body in the corner, it was HORRIBLE!!!!I cryed for weeks about it. That was almost 3 years ago, I am definitly over it now, I'll never be the same with my dog and always miss my Silky. She was the friendliest,cutest rabbit ever.

Sugar- After Silky's death, I waited 7 months for Silky's mom(my aunt's mini rex) to have babies, when she finally did, I took two, Sugar & Spice. I had both them for a few months then Sugar turned out to be a male, so I got him neutered. He was a sweet adventurous boy but he loved to chew my mom's wicker chairs. Anyways, Sugar was a wonderful rabbit, but by the end of September 2002 he showed signs of sickness, he had a runny nose,swollen eye & lump on his throat. I took him to the vet and they said it was a cold so he got medicine, but instead of better he got worse. It turned out to be Myxomatosis(mix-o-mat-toe-sis), an uncurable disease created by scientists to keep the rabbit population down in Austrailia, well the disease spread all over the world. Sugar unfortunitly caught it from a mosquito, so please screen up outdoor rabbit hutches! Well....Sugar had to be put down October 1st 2002, the worst part, I knew he was being put down and I was at school, it was really hard to make it through the day and when I got home, my SugarBooger was gone forever, I exploded with tears, I cryed and cryed until I felt empty then cryed more. It was horrible, even though he didn't have a painful and horrific death like Silky it was just as awful. I will always miss my Mr. Sugar(his real name)!

Basil- My little Basil! She was born at my house, in my rabbit hutch, she was the daughter of my Spice of course!

wabbitwuver
08-23-2004, 03:19 PM
AHH sorry pressed enter....ok ahem:

wabbitwuver
08-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Basil- My little Basil! She was born at my house, in my rabbit hutch, she was the daughter of my Spice of course! Born July 8th 2003, Basil was ALWAYS special! She was born with a swollen brain which also caused epilepsy. Basil had her 1st seizure at almost 3 weeks of age, I noticed she was away from the others, and wouldn't eat,drink even nurse! I knew this was serious! We took the babies and mom to the vet for a checkup, all were healthy but Basil. Basil was expected to die anyday or anynight. The vet probably how no clue how stubborn me and my sister are, we forced Basil to eat, starting with a blade of grass, later we moved onto bigger foods, Basil had to stand her hind legs and had great difficulty getting one simple peice of lettuce in her mouth, eventually she learned how too though which was awesome! Basil did great for weeks and weeks but at 17 weeks I went down to feed them and Basil was sitting there very lathargic not responding to anything, she obviously had another seizure or two. Later I forced her to eat, but she was standing on her hind legs eating again, I had to hold my hand behind her so she wouldn't fall backwards! Basil got very dirty and stinky and drooly. She suddenly stopped eating all together! It didn't matter anyway she already had an appointment to be put down. The 2 last days with her I payed LOTS of attention to her took videos of her for memories, took some fur,nails and a turd and put it in a tic tac container for more memories(I did this with Sugar too). Basil was put down November 27th 2003, I didn't want to go with to put her down, I went to a dance to take my mind off her death, it worked for a while, but that emptyness always attacks no matter what. I will always miss that spastic goofy rabbit who brought a smile to everyone's face

Cadbury- Cadbury ooooo Cadbury....Cadbury was another rabbit born to Spice. I of course kept her. Cadbury was a bit of a grouch when she was young and a bit on the wild side too. But evetually she grew up into a beautiful,friendly bunny girl. Cadbury was perfectly healthy. She was 5 months old when she died on January 2nd 2004. It was totally unexpected! I came down to the cage, I sorta had this feeling though because the rabbit didn't all come running for breakfast, Spice was WAY in the run at the end paranoid looking, Hershey was nowhere to be found neither was Cads....I went to the other day to open it but had to chisel it open since it was frozen shut, when I opened the door there was Cadmium laying there,on her back,I knew she was dead right away. Turns out she strangeled her self on a towel draped over the door to stop drafts and rain/snow from getting in. And Hershey was trapped in the run with Cadbury's dead body blocking the door. The suffering my baby must have gone through and most likely screaming which probably tramatized Spice & Hershey. It was I would say the worst bunny death of them all. Cadbury was SOOO sweet she loved all people food from candycanes to pizza LOL....without gaining any fat. I will always miss Cads,forever. My poor baby!

wabbitwuver
08-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Pics of them:

Cadbury- http://minirexrabbits.bravehost.com/Cadburycleanear.jpg

Basil- http://minirexrabbits.bravehost.com/BasillookSOcute.jpg

Sugar- http://minirexrabbits.bravehost.com/SugarBooger.jpg

Silky- http://minirexrabbits.bravehost.com/SilkySilksters.jpg

slick
08-23-2004, 05:48 PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear wabbits! What beautiful fluffy babies!!! RIP little wabbits.:(

carla and mike
09-11-2004, 07:51 AM
This is so very sad.Sorry for your sadness.:(

cookieluver7
10-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Awww this is sooo sad. I'm so sorry for all of your lost rabbits. They all sound like sweetie pies and you were probably devistated on each death. I hope that every one will see them again at the rainbow bridge. RIP Silky, Surgar, Cadbury, and Basil. You are all very missed. :(