PDA

View Full Version : The Christmas Stocking

gini
12-10-2000, 09:12 PM
I needed to share this with all of you, because I knew that every one of you would understand.

I got a Christmas tree today and brought out the boxes with the decorations and ornaments.
When I opened the first box - there it was,
Magic's Christmas stocking, hand embroidered with his name, right on top. He was with me last Christmas and he loved the Christmas tree. He curled up right underneath the tree and became the best present I could every receive.

When I saw that stocking I just lost it. But I was very fortunate that he came to live with me, picked me out and gave me so much love. He will not be opening any presents this year and I won't find him underneath the tree. But I will shut my eyes and wish him the very best Christmas ever and send him all my love across the
Rainbow Bridge.

------------------

Karen
12-10-2000, 09:37 PM
From the Cat haiku thread, for you and Magic ...

One small cat, curled tight
Into a heart's warm corner
There forever more

gini
12-10-2000, 11:01 PM
Oh, Karen, thank you.

I have already printed this out to place by Magic's painting. Isn't it amazing that in your heart there is always room for one more.

------------------

Karen
12-11-2000, 05:21 PM
I think, really, the human heart expands to fit as many animals as possible - maybe that was the Grinch's problem, originally, though Max the dog surely had a spot even when the Grinch's heart was 4 sizes too small!

But even when we think our hearts are animal-full, along comes another, padding in on soft little feet, and makes itself home! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

4 feline house
12-15-2000, 06:10 AM
Yes, Gini, I can relate. Every new cat I acquire gets a stocking his or her first Christmas. I buy those little ones about four inches long. I sprinkle glitter on glue for their names and hang them on the wall next to any cats that already have their stockings. And right along with those I hang the stockings of all the kitties waiting for me at the rainbow bridge. I always shed tears, even for my first cat who died an old guy over five years ago.

tatsxxx11
12-15-2000, 06:43 PM
Oh gini. I know exactly what you are feeling. Magic sounds so special. The first Christmas without them is so hard. It's so hard to believe they are not there. I know in exactly which box all my kids stockings are. It is always so sad and I always lose it. My precious labbie Jing would prance around with her reindeer ears on. Even the kitties had little Jr. reindeer ears with bells...Fritz, Tuna and Chessa. This is just the price we have to pay for all the years of incredible love they give us. A small price to pay, perhaps, but a very painful one none the less. I feel so for you. I will think of you and Magic this Christmas when I hang my stockings for all my kittys, even those who have passed. I know Magic is with all our furkids at the Rainbow Bridge, knowing how much we love and miss them.

gini
12-16-2000, 10:50 AM
I want to thank all of you. It never occurred to me to go ahead and put Magic's
stocking up along with the stockings for Patches and Rascal. Instead of grieving, I should celebrate his wonderful memory. I have two cats across the Rainbow Bridge. One is Sugar, an all white, long haired, blue eyed sweetheart(and he wasn't deaf). The other is Magic, an all black, long haired cat as well. I often think about how they must look playing together and it warms my heart. And never to be forgotten is Duchess the sweetest black poodle you could ever hope for. Again, thank you, Magic's stocking will be hung on the mantle.

------------------

[This message has been edited by gini (edited December 17, 2000).]

tatsxxx11
12-16-2000, 05:00 PM
Oh gini. Mabye it's just that time of year, but my heart just aches for you so. Magic, Sugar, Duchess. What beautiful souls. I will remember them in my prayers tonight.

gini
12-17-2000, 10:37 AM
You know, I think what makes it so hard is that I always put so much into my animals. And then I always get so much back. And when you lose them it is very difficult. Last night I attended a neighbors holiday party. The room was filled with people and they let their yellow lab into the room. This dog, that I had never met pushed through all of the people and came to me. You can imagine that she got the best scritches I could muster. All of my pets have been some of my dearest friends. And believe me they can also be a pain in the ____. Patches, my 16 year old follows me everywhere. I am thinking of getting one of those pouches women and men use to carry their babies around. It makes me laugh to think about it. But she is always underfoot
and I am searching for a solution.

------------------